šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Trump broke the law to buy Ben Carson's endorsement. The crime is worth up to 2 years in prison

Trump bought Carson's endorsement. The penalty for that is up to 2 years in prison. I wonder how right wingers are going to try to spin this.

Ben Carson: I Didnā€™t Want To Endorse Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

Dr. Ben Carson, who endorsed Donald Trumpā€™s presidential candidacy on Friday, appears less than enthusiastic about that decision. And the real reason the unsuccessful GOP presidential hopeful endorsed his former rival could be a violation of federal law.

Carson told the conservative online site NewsMax TV on Monday that he backed Trump based on a practical calculus.

ā€œI didnā€™t see a path for [John] Kasich, who I like, or for [Marco] Rubio, who I like. As far as [Ted] Cruz is concerned, I donā€™t think heā€™s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has some kind of miraculous changeā€¦ Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isnā€™t available.ā€ Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant heā€™d prefer to have backed one of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, ā€œcertainly in an advisory capacity.ā€ Asked by NewsMaxā€™s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to ā€œreveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.ā€

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful.
I won't vote for Trump, but that's the dumbest post yet against him. Trump can promise him anything in return for positions.

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful

"Advisory role" stupid.

Good god you morons are some desperate fools.
Adviser isn't a position?

Trump bought Carson's endorsement. The penalty for that is up to 2 years in prison. I wonder how right wingers are going to try to spin this.

Dr. Ben Carson, who endorsed Donald Trumpā€™s presidential candidacy on Friday, appears less than enthusiastic about that decision. And the real reason the unsuccessful GOP presidential hopeful endorsed his former rival could be a violation of federal law.

Carson told the conservative online site NewsMax TV on Monday that he backed Trump based on a practical calculus.

ā€œI didnā€™t see a path for [John] Kasich, who I like, or for [Marco] Rubio, who I like. As far as [Ted] Cruz is concerned, I donā€™t think heā€™s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has some kind of miraculous changeā€¦ Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isnā€™t available.ā€ Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant heā€™d prefer to have backed one of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, ā€œcertainly in an advisory capacity.ā€ Asked by NewsMaxā€™s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to ā€œreveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.ā€

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising ā€œthe appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.ā€ The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail ā€” two years if the violation was willful.
So Hilary Clinton becoming Secretary of State was what ?

So you think she changed her support of his candidacy for that position? Really?

So you think she changed her support of his candidacy for that position? Really?
That and her parties support for 2016,

That will happen when Obama joins blagobitch...

Ya know the ex governor of illinois

That and her parties support for 2016,

Did you actually bother to read how stupid that was before you clicked the button?

Proof carson is a greedy sellout uncle Tom token black who cares about money more than truth

Whatever you say s0n!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Im still laughing.......after the big progressive loser protest and the media spin, Trump poll numbers went UP!!!

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/laughing%20man6.png.html'][/URL]

Nobody is caring.:fu:

Nowhere does Carson state that he traded his endorsement for a position. He lays out a very well reasoned explanation for his endorsement of Trump, and then much later says he may take on an advisory roll to the Trump Campaign...which is exactly what Christie is doing.

Carson: He will surround himself with very good people
Maltzberg: And will one of them be Dr. Ben Carson.
Carson: I will be, uh, doing things as well.
Maltzberg: In the Administration?
Carson: Certainly in an advisory capacity.
Maltzberg: That's been determined? When you sat down with him that was discussed?
Carson: Yes.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Been on this message board for 7 years now.........never been so much fun watching progressive heads explode in here every day!!! This Bulldog guy......tortured!!

We have some freeloader progressives in here that really need to go out and obtain some real responsibility in life.......my God they are obsessed with so much stoopid stuff. Think they are going to change the elections from some website in the middle of the internet nethersphere.:spinner::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Proof carson is a greedy sellout uncle Tom token black who cares about money more than truth

Here's another NON-Racist possibility:

Carson knows who's going to win and still wants to be in the best position he can be in to serve and help his country, so he goes with the guy who is going to win.

But please do go on with your 'racist', 'greedy' rant....after all, I do respect liberals opinions when it comes to corruption, racism, greed, and being sell outs. Who better to trust than subject matter experts?! :p

Here's another NON-Racist possibility:

Carson knows who's going to win and still wants to be in the best position he can be in to serve and help his country, so he goes with the guy who is going to win.

But please do go on with your 'racist', 'greedy' rant....after all, I do respect liberals opinions when it comes to corruption, racism, greed, and being sell outs. Who better to trust than subject matter experts?! :p
Or Ben Carson is just as crazy as when he tried to attack his mom with a hammer.

Why don't you guys show us how not racist you are and elect Ben Carson to be a governor of one of your red states. Why would the dummy go right for president?

Or Ben Carson is just as crazy as when he tried to attack his mom with a hammer.

Carson is just an idiot. And all of this shows the catastrophe of trying to choose amateurs. Horse trading happens all the time, but you do not talk about it.

You guys call a black man who chose to be a Republican an 'Uncle Tom' and then post a racist photo depicting a black man as a - as Hillary called them - 'Super Predator'...then try to blame / claim 'it's the other guy' who is racist.

:lmao:

I just watched the whole interview and I call bullshit. He, in no way, said any of this crap

Pogo, this op is bullshit. What happened to you and your investigations? Don't even bother when it fits your agenda do you? Hack boi

Forum List

Back