Trump budget would spike deficits by nearly 5 times Harris proposal, says Penn Wharton

Reasonably small adjustment considering the number of jobs created per month is averaging at 550k.
So the worsed analysis costs about 6 weeks of job creation... Reality this is probably a lot lower.

View attachment 1002445

Thanks for reminding us of this graph, Trump numbers are awful....

And if you want to blame COVID too much, compare them to Obama's second term...

View attachment 1002446

Trump was borrowing almost twice as much as Obama and he had worse numbers that Obama's second term...

Thanks for reminding us of this..

What did Biden do to create all those jobs?

Who controlled Congress when the Bush1 deficits increased? Who controlled Congress when Clinton's deficits fell? Who controlled Congress when Obama's deficits fell?

The inconvenient truth.

One day liberals will understand it's not the president that has the purse strings, but congress and the party in control at that time is fully responsible for what happens next.

Who controlled Congress when the Bush1 deficits increased? Who controlled Congress when Clinton's deficits fell? Who controlled Congress when Obama's deficits fell?
Who stood in the way of measures to pay for the spending?

It's the same answer it has been for 40 years.

And a Conservative Business School is saying that Trump's Economic Plan is going to raise it by $5.3 trillion more....

We are trying to engage with someone who doesn't believe in one conspiracy theory after another.

We now have people pushing the Big Lie on the Last Election, think the Bureau of Labour is publishing false numbers and think Trump's Tax Cuts didn't cause a hole in the government books...
All this without any evidence that could stand up in court...

And a Conservative Business School is saying that Trump's Economic Plan is going to raise it by $5.3 trillion more....

We are trying to engage with someone who doesn't believe in one conspiracy theory after another.

We now have people pushing the Big Lie on the Last Election, think the Bureau of Labour is publishing false numbers and think Trump's Tax Cuts didn't cause a hole in the government books...
All this without any evidence that could stand up in court...
Geez.... Last time I checked the green new deal was at least 5 times bigger than that.

Who stood in the way of measures to pay for the spending?

It's the same answer it has been for 40 years.
Yes That's called fiscal responsibility. It's the spending that needs to be cut not people's paychecks. We can start by not financing everybody else's wars.
Truth is there are members of both major parties that see the spending issue as the real problem. But they will be marginalized in favor of the feud.

Yes That's called fiscal responsibility.
So increasing deficits is responsible, in your eyes.

Fascinating.

Strange that the benefits went right to the top. Who could have seen it coming, when they were just trying to be responsible stewards.of the economy?

Give me a break.

So increasing deficits is responsible, in your eyes.

Fascinating.

Strange that the benefits went right to the top. Who could have seen it coming, when they were just trying to be responsible stewards.of the economy?

Give me a break.
You really have to stop at this class warfare stuff.

Nobody is saying that an increased deficit is a good thing.

What I am saying that we have to stop hiding behind deficits as a justification for continuously raising the debt burden on America.

It's not hard.... You do it every month with your own finances at home. I'm very sure that you don't spend more than you take in. Seems to me your intelligent enough not to fall into that trap. Why should we expect less from our government?

So you'll agree eliminating inflation is bad.
I think that the word inflation is overused for too many things. It should be limited to Dollar erosion but unfortunately we also use it to describe currency distribution and density. We definitely want to eliminate dollar erosion but not currency distribution when it is needed.

And you really need to stop polishing the scrotums of rich people. Surely there is a middle ground between "warfare" and being a cheap little whore for the rich.
Hahaha ..... I don't give a crap what the rich people have. I do know not all of them have scrotums.

I know that they don't have my money somewhere hiding under a pillow or in the jar in the garage. I just don't have enough time to spend worrying about what they're doing.

I acknowledge the activities of people like yourself who make them targets for criticism and I understand why you're doing it.

For myself as long as I've got a roof and enough to feed my family the rich can drown in dollars for all I care.

Former President Donald Trump’s economic proposals would increase federal deficits by $5.8 trillion over the next decade, almost five times more than those of Vice President Kamala Harris, which would add $1.2 trillion, according to a new pair of studies from the nonpartisan Penn Wharton Budget Model.

The Trump report found that his plan to permanently extend the 2017 tax cuts would add over $4 trillion to deficits over the next 10 years. His proposal to eliminate taxes on Social Security benefits comes with a $1.2 trillion price tag, while his pledge to further reduce corporate taxes would add nearly $6 billion.

The Harris analysis showed that her plan to expand the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit and other tax credits would raise deficits by $2.1 trillion in the coming 10 years. And her proposal to create a $25,000 subsidy for all qualifying first-time homebuyers would add $140 billion over a decade.

But the Harris report found that raising the corporate tax rate to 28% from its current level of 21%, as the vice president has floated, could partially offset the costs of her spending by $1.1 trillion.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/27/trump-harris-budget-deficit-economy-election.html

Don lives for the now. He wants the kind of adulation associated with a strong economy (the kind Biden never got) coming from the stimulative affect of a tax cut. Just like in his first term. One wonders if he'll claim a tax cut will cause a reduction in the deficit as he did last time. It's a promise Repubs frequently make, never coming to fruition.

Note to Don's minions: don't assassinate the character of the guy who authored the study. If you can find fault with his methodology, fine. Just don't waste time with ad hominem attacks.
Trump is a dumbass! He knows nothing about anything!

Former President Donald Trump’s economic proposals would increase federal deficits by $5.8 trillion over the next decade, almost five times more than those of Vice President Kamala Harris, which would add $1.2 trillion, according to a new pair of studies from the nonpartisan Penn Wharton Budget Model.

The Trump report found that his plan to permanently extend the 2017 tax cuts would add over $4 trillion to deficits over the next 10 years. His proposal to eliminate taxes on Social Security benefits comes with a $1.2 trillion price tag, while his pledge to further reduce corporate taxes would add nearly $6 billion.

The Harris analysis showed that her plan to expand the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit and other tax credits would raise deficits by $2.1 trillion in the coming 10 years. And her proposal to create a $25,000 subsidy for all qualifying first-time homebuyers would add $140 billion over a decade.

But the Harris report found that raising the corporate tax rate to 28% from its current level of 21%, as the vice president has floated, could partially offset the costs of her spending by $1.1 trillion.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/27/trump-harris-budget-deficit-economy-election.html

Don lives for the now. He wants the kind of adulation associated with a strong economy (the kind Biden never got) coming from the stimulative affect of a tax cut. Just like in his first term. One wonders if he'll claim a tax cut will cause a reduction in the deficit as he did last time. It's a promise Repubs frequently make, never coming to fruition.

Note to Don's minions: don't assassinate the character of the guy who authored the study. If you can find fault with his methodology, fine. Just don't waste time with ad hominem attacks.

Offset the costs eh?....until they move you mean?

Forum List

Back