Trump can't secure the $454 million bond

Unless he actually doesn’t have the required collateral.

Nobody is prepared to take his properties as collateral. They want cash, stocks or bonds.

Since they would be going on in second place at best, and the property would go cheap upon liquidation, there is no quarantee that there would be anything left after prior encumbrances are cleared.

Not to mention the difficulties in selling money losing businesses which have been run incompetently and poorly for so long.

I doubt that I could come up with a half a billion bond either. Anyone here in that camp?
4kt5xhysdapc1.jpeg

Nobody is prepared to take his properties as collateral. They want cash, stocks or bonds.

Since they would be going on in second place at best, and the property would go cheap upon liquidation, there is no quarantee that there would be anything left after prior encumbrances are cleared.

Not to mention the difficulties in selling money losing businesses which have been run incompetently and poorly for so long.
He may not even have enough equity in his properties to even cover the bond.

Incorrect. Its not a matter of willingness, its a matter of the size. No bonding agent can float that bond. It was set higher than any company or man has ever received from a NY court.

You shouldnt be cheering this on. This behavior is a nation destroyer. It wont stop now. Both sides WILL be doing this to the other side going forward.
When even more companies start bailing on New York completely, the city and state with will become an even bigger shit hole. New York already has a budget deficit of over $100 billion. Take away even more tax revenue (they've already lost several billion in tax revenue) and the Exodus will get even larger.

Matters not a lick. He either puts up the bond, or the state can begin seizing his assets to pay the fine.
I'm not sure what you are talking about "an interim stay". A judge overruled this in February.
No they can't. Then Trump can sue them when this gets tossed on appeal.

All call democrats tyrants, and instead of acknowleding problems within the party and trying to explain there are good people, this the response.

I could not make this up if i try, half the country ready to follow the pied piper to hell
All what?

Not sure there’s enough there to cover it.

If Leticia James seized any properties the effect would be catastrophic and instantaneous as investment poured out of the city. It would be like San Francisco with properties being abandoned. Trump might have quietly unloaded awhile ago.

Forum List

Back