Trump Care bill is an 'age tax' on older Americans, AARP says

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
The GOP wants to hurt the older generations without adequate subsidies or credits. GOP's Obamacare replacement bill is an 'age tax' on older Americans, AARP says

That is the only possible answer.

AARP: GOP bill will lead to dramatic price increase 3 Hours Ago | 01:58

The Republican bill to repeal and replace Obamacare hits older Americans who struggle financially the hardest, said AARP Legislative Counsel and Policy Director David Certner.

"The older you get and the lower your income, the bigger the premium increase you're going to see," Certner told CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" on Monday, the day the Congressional Budget Office could release its cost analysis of the GOP's American Health Care Act.

The CBO will put "clear numbers" on the AARP's concerns, he said. "I don't think you can argue with the math here. It doesn't matter if you have more choices if they're all unaffordable."

The GOP wants to hurt the older generations without adequate subsidies or credits. GOP's Obamacare replacement bill is an 'age tax' on older Americans, AARP says

The Republican bill to repeal and replace Obamacare hits older Americans who struggle financially the hardest, said AARP Legislative Counsel and Policy Director David Certner.

"The older you get and the lower your income, the bigger the premium increase you're going to see," Certner told CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" on Monday, the day the Congressional Budget Office could release its cost analysis of the GOP's American Health Care Act.

The CBO will put "clear numbers" on the AARP's concerns, he said. "I don't think you can argue with the math here. It doesn't matter if you have more choices if they're all unaffordable."

Well i guess it balances out the lack of age tax in the other direction, you know all those yummy underfunded government worker pension plans that the whippersnappers will be left to pay for.

I hope this is true.....its the old people that is taking this country straight down the tubes, its only fair that these mindless old fucks suffer for it.

Well i guess it balances out the lack of age tax in the other direction, you know all those yummy underfunded government worker pension plans that the whippersnappers will be left to pay for.
Fallacy of false equivalence, yes, but you do keep trying.^^^

The AHCA inanity brings single payer even closer.

AARP has always been in the tank for the DNC. Helping seniors is not their purpose.

The Trumpanzees are chiefly 60-and-over white men and women with dried-up vaginas, so this'll play well with them. Enough should croak before the midterms to create a sea-change in Congress.

yes, because all of us want the DMV model of health care.

And its a very telling equivalence. Only here the older people have the out of dying before they can be held accountable by the younger generations for decades of financial flim-flammery.

The Trumpanzees are chiefly 60-and-over white men and women with dried-up vaginas, so this'll play well with them. Enough should croak before the midterms to create a sea-change in Congress.

75457287.jpg

regardless who says what about Trump policy it will be "fake" unless its sucking Donnie's dick, then it morphs from fake to great.

RussianWinger Handbook ... page 1, sentence 1.

75457287.jpg

At least you admit the trumpanzees vote from the butthurt.

"Snowflakes", indeed.

I admit nothing. Yet you show you can learn nothing. All you do is cling to your insults and think the same assault on other people's beliefs with snark will result in what you got out of it a few years ago.

People are seeing through it, and voting their displeasure.

But like an old dog trying to learn a new trick, you just can't bring yourself to change.

And its a very telling equivalence. Only here the older people have the out of dying before they can be held accountable by the younger generations for decades of financial flim-flammery.
You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. :lol: "held accountable" of course by your ilk is euthanasia for old folks.

You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. :lol: "held accountable" of course by your ilk is euthanasia for old folks.

No by "held accountable" I mean having their pensions slashed. If there is no money to pay for something, it won't be paid.

And while it isn't the rank and files fault, (that lies with the politicians, the union-leaders, and the voters) It will certainly be their problem.

No by "held accountable" I mean having their pensions slashed. If there is no money to pay for something, it won't be paid.

And while it isn't the rank and files fault, (that lies with the politicians, the union-leaders, and the voters) It will certainly be their problem.
Pensions won't be slashed, and you know that. Social Security and Medicare are citizen paid for programs. The seniors will hire your generation out as mercenaries to the Crimea before pensions are slashed. :lol:

Pensions won't be slashed, and you know that. Social Security and Medicare are citizen paid for programs. The seniors will hire your generation out as mercenaries to the Crimea before pensions are slashed. :lol:

It's happening already with non-government pensions, and has only been stopped in places like Detroit via court action. But sooner or later cities will have to decide between debt service and actual services, and those born in the 1990's people with their own kids and houses will wonder why they have to pay for the past when they get sub-grade services in the present.

Nonsense. ObabbleCare was a huge tax cut on older Americans, who as a cohort, are far wealthier than younger ones. Older Americans over 65 benefit from Medicare. If they took care of their health, any add on premiums for extra protection should not be too expensive. People who didn't take care of themselves are going to pay more, as they should.

boedica, go read up. Your comments make no sense. The age ratio will increase from 3 to 1 to 5 to 1 with TrumpCare, and the seniors will not put up with that nonsense.

AARP has always been in the tank for the DNC. Helping seniors is not their purpose.
You dumbasses can't even make an attempt to defend republican policies. You just blindly assume the opposition is always wrong.

Forum List

Back