Trump: combat dead and wounded in Afghanistan "FOOLISHLY SPENT"

jknowgood, post: 18883270
What he should of said, fools ran the war. Talking about Bush and Obama.

"Should have said" ??????? Trump said what he said. Is he the idiot/hate/based opportunist I am certain that he is?

Bush was foolish only to all but abandon Afghanistan to fight his lie based war in Iraq.

Obama carried on the mission in Afghanistan honorably and intelligently. Pisses me off to hear Trump undermine so callously and foolishly the entire mission.

Trump's a fool himself since he authorized more spending and troops to fight there and has Pence pledging support indefinitely.

Trump's tweet mostly aids the enemy.

Why do you put up with it.

O started more wars than W could ever dream and left the ME in turmoil. You wouldn't know the truth if it stared you down.
With who exactly?

The war in Afghanistan has been a misguided fool's errand from the start.

We invaded and destroyed an entire country looking for 1 man. .... :cuckoo:
Then, when that man left the country, we just quit so we could invade Iraq

I think he was referring to former president Hussein who didn't give a damn about the Troops but was too chicken to pull them out. U.S. Troops were hamstrung by idiotic regulations just like every other aspect of government under Hussein. Those days are over even if angry and crazy disappointed lefties are too stupid to understand it.

"Should have said" ??????? Trump said what he said. Is he the idiot/hate/based opportunist I am certain that he is?

Bush was foolish only to all but abandon Afghanistan to fight his lie based war in Iraq.

Obama carried on the mission in Afghanistan honorably and intelligently. Pisses me off to hear Trump undermine so callously and foolishly the entire mission.

Trump's a fool himself since he authorized more spending and troops to fight there and has Pence pledging support indefinitely.

O started more wars than W could ever dream and left the ME in turmoil. You wouldn't know the truth if it stared you down.
With who exactly?

Syria, yemen, libya, and on and on.

Where was the liberal uproar over Obama's wars in the Middle East?

Golfing Gator, post: 18885536
He has fallen for the sunk cost fallacy

Since cost should not be a factor in determining a resolution of national security threats there is no sunk cost fallacy for Trump to fall for.

Either there is a threat worth the cost or there is not.

If Kabul were to fall to the Taliban and NATO forces withdrawn a serious threat to Pakistan and the region would resume, pushing higher cost to a future generation.

Trump agrees with the Pentagon on that so he should quit aiding and abetting the enemy with tweets when sending our people to continue this fight.

With who exactly?

Syria, yemen, libya, and on and on.

Where was the liberal uproar over Obama's wars in the Middle East?
All civil wars that Obama did not start. Their own people started it do to the fall out over the arab spring which was put in motion by Bush.

LordBrownTrout, post: 18886936
Wrong. Again, you show your ignorance and stupidity.

Name a war Obama started, like Bush started Iraq. Saddam Hussein was cooperating with inspectors but Bush forced them out. Kadhafi defied a UNSC Resolution to disarm his tanks and Air Force and to cease the military assault on Benghazi. Kadhafi refused and thus started that war.

Ignorance is not specifically naming the wars you think Obama started.

If we used our Military power the way we did in WWII we wouldn't be having these conversations.

Wrong. The way that wars and conflicts are now fought are markedly different than what they were back in the 40's. Guerrilla warfare seems to be the norm nowadays instead of massing large groups to fight each other.

Golfing Gator, post: 18885536
He has fallen for the sunk cost fallacy

Since cost should not be a factor in determining a resolution of national security threats there is no sunk cost fallacy for Trump to fall for.

Either there is a threat worth the cost or there is not.

If Kabul were to fall to the Taliban and NATO forces withdrawn a serious threat to Pakistan and the region would resume, pushing higher cost to a future generation.

Trump agrees with the Pentagon on that so he should quit aiding and abetting the enemy with tweets when sending our people to continue this fight.
Ya, cost should not be a determining factor for war. What the fuck are you smoking and where can I get it. Lets just throw out cost benifit analysis all together. According to some planet X is a national security threat. I do not feel much like throwing labor or treasure at it. You have got to be fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we used our Military power the way we did in WWII we wouldn't be having these conversations.

Wrong. The way that wars and conflicts are now fought are markedly different than what they were back in the 40's. Guerrilla warfare seems to be the norm nowadays instead of massing large groups to fight each other.
You misunderstand of course. We were not afraid to use the tools at hand during WWII. We have units and the equpitment that can fight asymmetric warfare we just don't use them effectively.

You misunderstand of course. We were not afraid to use the tools at hand during WWII. We have units and the equpitment that can fight asymmetric warfare we just don't use them effectively.
The truley sad thing of the whole middle east deal is that if we could stop our dependance on oil we would not have to give a shit about what happened there. We could leaqve them to wipe thier asses with their hand and no toilet paper and just not give a fuck.

Forum List

Back