🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump contradicts his own tweet, says 401(k)s could now be up for negotiation

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
"Negotiate" with 401ks, huh? Interesting...

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that changes to Americans' retirement-savings accounts could still be included in the forthcoming Republican tax-reform plan.

Trump was asked about comments from Rep. Kevin Brady, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee and an author of the forthcoming GOP tax bill, that there could be changes to retirement accounts like 401(k)s in the plan.

Trump said 401(k)s are "very important" to him because they benefit the middle class but suggested tweaks could be included.

"Well maybe it is, maybe we'll use it as negotiating, but trust me, that's one of the great things," Trump said. "There are certain elements of deals that you don't want to negotiate with — and Kevin knows this, and I think Kevin Brady is fantastic — but he knows how important 401(k)s are."

No, Mr. President, I won't trust you.

The Republicans are also looking at deep cuts to SS and Medicare, and of course Medicaid. Trump will say the Congress did it.

This is the final takeover of the elites, his reign and the Republican congress.

"Negotiate" with 401ks, huh? Interesting...

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that changes to Americans' retirement-savings accounts could still be included in the forthcoming Republican tax-reform plan.

Trump was asked about comments from Rep. Kevin Brady, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee and an author of the forthcoming GOP tax bill, that there could be changes to retirement accounts like 401(k)s in the plan.

Trump said 401(k)s are "very important" to him because they benefit the middle class but suggested tweaks could be included.

"Well maybe it is, maybe we'll use it as negotiating, but trust me, that's one of the great things," Trump said. "There are certain elements of deals that you don't want to negotiate with — and Kevin knows this, and I think Kevin Brady is fantastic — but he knows how important 401(k)s are."

No, Mr. President, I won't trust you.
/----/ The president, no matter who he is, can't tell Congress what to do. Ever hear of the separation of powers?

President Twitter changes his tune more often than an orchestra on LSD, by next week he'll be claiming that screwing over 401K and IRA participants was his idea all along.

Lowering the tax deferred threshold for 401K and IRA is about the stupidest idea in the history of stupid ideas, Americans already have a pathetic retirement savings rate and these idiots are talking seriously about lowering the incentives? Whats next? directly raiding citizens savings accounts?

If they need to offset tax cuts there's only one credible way to do it; fix the OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING STUPID.

President Twitter changes his tune more often than an orchestra on LSD, by next week he'll be claiming that screwing over 401K and IRA participants was his idea all along.

Lowering the tax deferred threshold for 401K and IRA is about the stupidest idea in the history of stupid ideas, Americans already have a pathetic retirement savings rate and these idiots are talking seriously about lowering the incentives? Whats next? directly raiding citizens savings accounts?

If they need to offset tax cuts there's only one credible way to do it; fix the OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING STUPID.
/----/ I like how Trump keeps you Libtards on full tilt.

Cool, personally, I like how he keeps all you politician worshiping droids running around in pom-poms and skirts attempting to rationalize everything he says and does.

....Anyways, back in reality, the Morons-R dropping the limits to $2,400 annually would be, if nothing else, an innovative way for 'em to commit electoral suicide and put the Morons-D back in charge.

How are Republicans looking to pay for their tax cuts?
By milking the middle class

Up for "negotiation"

State and local tax deduction
Mortgage deduction

All relied on by the middle class to ease their tax burden

Of note: Republicans are looking at dropping the State and Local tax deductions for individual filers but leaving it in place for corporations

I like it when Trumptards run out of even remotely substantive arguments to defend Trump.

The Republicans are also looking at deep cuts to SS and Medicare, and of course Medicaid. Trump will say the Congress did it.

This is the final takeover of the elites, his reign and the Republican congress.

I like it when Trumptards run out of even remotely substantive arguments to defend Trump.
/----/ Trump doesn't need anyone to defend him. It's you Libtards constantly defending Hildabeast and Obozo that is the issue.

/----/ Trump doesn't need anyone to defend him. It's you Libtards constantly defending Hildabeast and Obozo that is the issue.

lol, IOW Trump's actions and words are indefensible.

lol, IOW Trump's actions and words are indefensible.
/-----/ Because you say so. Are you ready to defend Hillary/Obama/Putin collusion? Well are ya punk?

/-----/ Because you say so. Are you ready to defend Hillary/Obama/Putin collusion? Well are ya punk?

Why should he have to? Those people are not the president and they're not the topic of discussion right now. Do you have something relevant to say or not? You're doing everything but talking about what's in the article.

As always, the Media (and foolish Leftists) always take Trump literally, but never seriously.

His initial tweet was intended to say to his primary constituency (working-class people), "don't worry about the 401k changes; they won't hurt you." And we understood it that way. And that remains the "promise," which will not be broken.

Later, his minions pointed out to him that at some level, the 401k exclusion takes care of highly-paid people disproportionately, and at the top levels, some adjustments may be necessary to compensate for income tax shortfalls elsewhere. But this wouldn't affect anyone with a household income below, say, $100k.

The "bottom line" is that for working class people, the tax code and the tax payment/preparation process will be greatly simplified, and net tax payments will come down a bit.

Basically everything you read in the MSM ("TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!!!!!") will be bullshit. The "Rich" will be paying more in federal income taxes, even at the lower rates. But you will not see that written in the New York Times or the Washington Post.

As always, the Media (and foolish Leftists) always take Trump literally, but never seriously.

His initial tweet was intended to say to his primary constituency (working-class people), "don't worry about the 401k changes; they won't hurt you." And we understood it that way. And that remains the "promise," which will not be broken.

Later, his minions pointed out to him that at some level, the 401k exclusion takes care of highly-paid people disproportionately, and at the top levels, some adjustments may be necessary to compensate for income tax shortfalls elsewhere. But this wouldn't affect anyone with a household income below, say, $100k.

The "bottom line" is that for working class people, the tax code and the tax payment/preparation process will be greatly simplified, and net tax payments will come down a bit.

Basically everything you read in the MSM ("TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!!!!!") will be bullshit. The "Rich" will be paying more in federal income taxes, even at the lower rates. But you will not see that written in the New York Times or the Washington Post.

I hope your trust in that narcissist is well-placed. I'd love to be wrong.

Forum List

Back