Trump: Currency Manipulator

My guess is that the fed is trying to maintain velocity as they have taken over a trillion dollars out of circulation in the last year or so by cashing out their post recession bonds.

Remember Trump ranting about China manipulating their currency?

Well, it turns out Trump wants to manipulate ours.

"Cutting rates would weaken the dollar, potentially making US exports more attractive to foreign buyers. That's why the Trump administration has been advocating for devaluing the dollar."

More games to prop up this economy built on a house of cards,.

The argument for a Fed rate cut in a strong economy - CNN

And the previous administration printing a trillion dollars weaken the dollar? Trump continues to prove he is no better than any other President.

My guess is that the fed is trying to maintain velocity as they have taken over a trillion dollars out of circulation in the last year or so by cashing out their post recession bonds.
They stopped taking it out some time ago, and it is restarting to finance Trump's debt.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

bon temp roulez

My understanding is that the fed's quantitative tightening policy will continue at least into September.

They stopped taking it out some time ago, and it is restarting to finance Trump's debt.

bon temp roulez

My understanding is that the fed's quantitative tightening policy will continue at least into September.
The Fed Officially Announces Big Bond-Buying Change

bon temp roulez

Your article conforms what I already said :

"
  • The Committee intends to slow the reduction of its holdings of Treasury securities by reducing the cap on monthly redemptions from the current level of $30 billion to $15 billion beginning in May 2019.
  • The Committee intends to conclude the reduction of its aggregate securities holdings in the System Open Market Account (SOMA) at the end of September 2019."

bon temp roulez

"
  • The Committee intends to slow the reduction of its holdings of Treasury securities by reducing the cap on monthly redemptions from the current level of $30 billion to $15 billion beginning in May 2019.
  • The Committee intends to conclude the reduction of its aggregate securities holdings in the System Open Market Account (SOMA) at the end of September 2019."
the article confirms that the Fed is monetarizing our national debt, which is a policy change to put it mildly.

bon temp roulez

"
the article confirms that the Fed is monetarizing our national debt, which is a policy change to put it mildly.

The fed has been monetizing debt since the great recession. This is hardly a huge policy change.

bon temp roulez

"

The fed has been monetizing debt since the great recession. This is hardly a huge policy change.
Stop. Just stop.

"

Stop. Just stop.

I accept your surrender.

The Fed should go full Volcker.

The only reason Congress stopped spending in the 1980s was because Volcker made it too expensive for them to borrow money.

Say what? The President doesn't want to devalue the dollar and the angry left calls it "manipulating the currency". TDS will do strange things to your common sense.

"Cutting rates would weaken the dollar, potentially making US exports more attractive to foreign buyers. That's why the Trump administration has been advocating for devaluing the dollar."

And the previous administration printing a trillion dollars weaken the dollar? Trump continues to prove he is no better than any other President.

The fed lowered rates to fight the Bush recession.

Trump admitted he wanted to do it to lower the strength of the dollar.

Currency manipulation. But I will file your post under yet another "but....but....but... Obama" post

Say what? The President doesn't want to devalue the dollar and the angry left calls it "manipulating the currency". TDS will do strange things to your common sense.
So you can't read the article. Should I find one with pictures.

Currency manipulation. But I will file your post under yet another "but....but....but... Obama" post

Like I said, name a President that didn't try to manipulate the currency? You act like Trump is the only President that has ever tried to manipulate currency. Why is this an issue today and not an issue under Bush or Clinton or name a President?

Oh really?

See if you can guess who was the most powerful person in the world during the Obama presidency.....

542dc5a26da8118842fa18fe-750-562.jpg

Oh really?

See if you can guess who was the most powerful person in the world during the Obama presidency.....

View attachment 272184

I don't recall Obama calling her everyday & trying to browbeat her to do his bidding like that fat assed orange POS did.

Like I said, name a President that didn't try to manipulate the currency? You act like Trump is the only President that has ever tried to manipulate currency. Why is this an issue today and not an issue under Bush or Clinton or name a President?
Name one thast brow beat the fed in public?

You can't be so fucking stupid as not to see the verbage & rhetoric that Trump spews & think it is normal.

Forum List

Back