Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

In chess we call this moving the rook to the opponents second rank.

Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a stinging and curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

Trump denying Pelosi use of military transport is a weak move.

It's nothing in comparison to Pelosi denying Trump his his State of the Union address. Trump does not get his moment in the sun this year. He must be PISSED!
Pelosi cannot deny the state of the union address.

Yes she can. The State of the Union address is only because congress invites the President to a joint session of congress. She does not have to give this invitation.

The President IS required to report on the State of the Union to Congress, but that can be in writing.

OMG. This is one of the most hysterical moves I have ever witnessed but a smack down baby.

I am happy happy happy. Unreal. God bless President Trump. Told the bitch to fly commercial.

maxresdefault.jpg
Huge violation of security proceedure.

These trips are never ever announced before that take place and most of the time we don't mind it about them until they are over and the VIPs are safely in the air on the way home.

National security is not tRump's forte.

It was a public smackdown and well deserved and it had nothing to do with national security. A well deserved smackdown.
All Trump did was push democrats further away from his position. I doubt anything is going to bring the two of them to the bargaining table other than a true national emergency, such as a shutdown of major airports, terrorist taking advantage of the shutdown, or another situation where health or safety of the public is severely compromised.

Huge violation of security proceedure.

These trips are never ever announced before that take place and most of the time we don't mind it about them until they are over and the VIPs are safely in the air on the way home.

National security is not tRump's forte.
Bitch better stop playing her games then.
Wrong.

Bitch better stop playing his.
Or What...............Pelosi and Schumer are going to say NO again. Really
:abgg2q.jpg:
You do realize this thing is all tRumps fault don't you? There was a bill on his desk that he had promised to sign until Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh called him a coward or some shit. You do realize that the new Democratic house has passed spending bills that are identical to the ones the republican house and senate signed off in already right? You do realize the tRump is the one who stormed out of the meeting like a spoiled teenager right? And that he's the one who said he was "proud to shut the government down" and that it could last "months or years" right?

These things are all facts, whether you like it or not.

Knowing these facts how can you honestly blame anyone but tRump for this shutdown?
Trump is serious, direct, and in charge. Democrats are hysterical, emotional, and fucking nuts.
tRump is a drooling idiot who has you kids completely bamboozled.

No, he jack knifed our soldiers overseas. Keeping Congress from funding them and getting them what they need.

Are all Republicans this dumb?

Not a single one is defending our soldiers.
Our soldiers ARE fellow republicans.

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

It's nothing in comparison to Pelosi denying Trump his his State of the Union address. Trump does not get his moment in the sun this year. He must be PISSED!

Yes she can. The State of the Union address is only because congress invites the President to a joint session of congress. She does not have to give this invitation.

The President IS required to report on the State of the Union to Congress, but that can be in writing.
Richard H., this is from the House's archives on the State of the Union address:

Including President Donald J. Trump’s 2018 address, there have been a total of 95 in-person Annual Messages/State of the Union Addresses. Since President Woodrow Wilson’s 1913 address, there have been a total of 83 in-person addresses.

• In 1945, President Franklin Roosevelt's address was read to a Joint Session of the House and Senate. Since the President did not deliver the address, it does not count as an in-person address.
Origins and Authorization
The formal basis for the State of the Union Address is from the U.S. Constitution:
  • The President “shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.” Article II, Section 3, Clause 1.
The constitutionally mandated presidential address has gone through a few name changes:

• It was formally known as the Annual Message from 1790 to 1946.
  • It began to be informally called the "state of the Union" message/address from 1942 to 1946.
  • Since 1947 it has officially been known as the State of the Union Address.
Earlier Annual Messages of the President included agency budget requests and general reports on the health of the economy. During the 20th century, Congress required more-specialized reports on these two aspects, separate from the Annual Message.

• Budget Message, required by the National Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 (42 Stat. 20) to be delivered to Congress no more than two weeks after Congress convenes in January.
  • Economic Report, required by the Employment Act of 1946 (60 Stat. 23), with a flexible delivery date.
Over time, as the message content changed, the focus of the State of the Union also changed:

• In the 19th century, the annual message was both a lengthy administrative report on the various departments of the executive branch and a budget and economic message.
  • After 1913, when Woodrow Wilson revived the practice of presenting the message to Congress in person, it became a platform for the President to rally support for his agenda.
  • Technological changes—radio, television, and the Internet—further developed the State of the Union into a forum for the President to speak directly to the American people.
Technological Change
There's a little more trivia here: State of the Union Address | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

TrogloRD, do you think Pelosi, now that the world knows she is the one keeping the government shut down, that she might lighten up on her intransigence in dealing with the executive branch?

I don't really care what she does at the point. I am more in line to thinking that McConnel needs to be sent packing yesterday. McConnel has brought congress to a screeching halt. He won't allow bills to be presented to the Senate to be voted on unless his Daddy, the Trumpster okays it. That means we have two branches of the Government that just as well go home, the Congress and the President. Guess the Supreme Court may have to intervene on this one. It's not their job but they will do it if necessary. They have in the past.

Well...I don’t know. She shouldn’t. But the State of the Union could be transmitted by letter as per the Constitution. I always despised the theatre of it.
But alas we live in theatrical times. So here’s an idea. Trump should rent a yuuuuge stadium and pack it with citizens. Deliver his state of the union to Americans directly. Simply ignore Pelosi.

He's required to deliver it to Congress.
LET the POS do it from the oval office or in writing

TrogloRD, do you think Pelosi, now that the world knows she is the one keeping the government shut down, that she might lighten up on her intransigence in dealing with the executive branch?

I don't really care what she does at the point. I am more in line to thinking that McConnel needs to be sent packing yesterday. McConnel has brought congress to a screeching halt. He won't allow bills to be presented to the Senate to be voted on unless his Daddy, the Trumpster okays it. That means we have two branches of the Government that just as well go home, the Congress and the President. Guess the Supreme Court may have to intervene on this one. It's not their job but they will do it if necessary. They have in the past.
I may be right of the rightest person here, Daryl, but the VA hospitals taking care of our vets from the Vietnam and combined middle east conflicts are close to seeing their health care evaporate if Ms. Pelosi does not knock off the prioritizing of killing off the character of President Trump over 800,000 government workers who work to benefit the American people. If she fails to take her responsibilities seriously, our vets are again on the frontline, as some of their medical problems acquired on the field of battle require intensive care and follow up to this day.
As right as I am, I speak in behalf of the vets who gave it all up if they had to but somehow survived--they do not need interruptions in any way shape or form inflicted on them by actual war between the Congress v everyone else they're constantly pillorying to death.

I'm sorry if Ms. Pelosi's Jimmy Choo Reginas got wrinkled in her delayed baggage, but she needs to grow up and take her House Speaker's job as service to the people of the United States and not exclusively for the benefit of the rogue press.

She may not do that unless the American people unite and let her know her puerile behavior toward the tasks ahead of getting our government going again is not appreciated.

Well...I don’t know. She shouldn’t. But the State of the Union could be transmitted by letter as per the Constitution. I always despised the theatre of it.
But alas we live in theatrical times. So here’s an idea. Trump should rent a yuuuuge stadium and pack it with citizens. Deliver his state of the union to Americans directly. Simply ignore Pelosi.

He's required to deliver it to Congress.

No hes only required to inform them of the state of the union. He can do it by letter then meet with the people and give them the state of the union. The elites can sit and fume with their letters.

Nancy CANNOT deny his State of the Union speech. Read your Constitution, dumbass!

You apparently have your very own private Constitution, because U.S. Constitution says no such thing.

The U.S. Constitution requires the President to report on the State of the Union to Congress, but does not specify how. For more than a hundred years Presidents reported in writing only. It's only been since the 20th century that Presidents have been INVITED to a joint session of Congress to deliver the State of the Union as a speech.

Try reading the U.S. Constitution.

MORON!

Here's a deal: if you want to go back to a written SOTU like a hundred years ago, let's go back to the 1913 Federal income tax rate table adjusted for inflation.

President Trump is going to make a major announcement on the Government shutdown tomorrow morning. Pelosi had no business lying her ass off about the white house exposing her constituents' commercial travel plans.

Trump says he will make a 'major' announcement on Saturday about the border and government shutdown

In the meantime, for our needful wounded warriors and others the government serves, Pelosi needs to be removed from her Speaker position and replaced by someone who is more responsible than her and her fluffers.

Furthermore, foreign relations fall under the State Department's jurisdiction. Congress is supposed to help the people of this country, not constantly pepper the works with intransigence and puerile decision-making.

Skye, for the past couple of years, Ms. Pelosi has been exhibiting behavior consistent with delusions of grandeur. It's all over but the lawsuits.
WHY?
Why is he so chummy with Vladimir Putin, this man who is a former K.G.B. agent, never been a friend to the United States, invaded our allies, threatens us around the world and tries his damnedest to undermine our elections?” Senator Richard J. Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “Why is this President Trump’s best buddy? I don’t get it.”

Mr. Trump went so far as to take the notes from the interpreter who worked with him during a private meeting with Mr. Putin at the 2017 Group of 20 meeting in Hamburg, Germany.

Skye, for the past couple of years, Ms. Pelosi has been exhibiting behavior consistent with delusions of grandeur. It's all over but the lawsuits.
WHY?
Why is he so chummy with Vladimir Putin, this man who is a former K.G.B. agent, never been a friend to the United States, invaded our allies, threatens us around the world and tries his damnedest to undermine our elections?” Senator Richard J. Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “Why is this President Trump’s best buddy? I don’t get it.”

Mr. Trump went so far as to take the notes from the interpreter who worked with him during a private meeting with Mr. Putin at the 2017 Group of 20 meeting in Hamburg, Germany.
Edward you don't get it, do you. He is the President of the United States. Nancy Pelosi thinks she is, but she isn't. She has overreached her authority, possibly due to mental stress of failing her goal of destroying every Republican in the United States of America.The kind way to let people who slide into a world of denial to the point of thinking their obfuscations and lies will get some gun nut who agrees to shoot up a field full of Republican Senators and Congressmen is over. It worked before. I have a feeling it ends in short order.

Forum List

Back