Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

dec-17th-1903.jpg

Not entirely true if one considers the distance she flew on her broomstick back to the office to claim her luggage.

Of course it doesn't. Clearly it means the 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers' fielding percentage at the shortstop position was just one percentage point shy of the same stat for the Detroit Tigers. What else could it possibly mean.

The world of self-delusion. Damn murky in there.
You're such a fucking dumbass. I would be perfectly willing to admit that Trump is responsible for the shutdown. That doesn't mean I don't support him. That's exactly what I want him to do.

This poll is nothing but a media scam. It's intentionally deceptive, as almost everything the fake news media does is.

Actually I didn't post a poll, Finger Boy. I posted the results of one. And they say absolutely nothing about "they support" or "they don't support".

Here's the actual poll. It doesn't even ask about "Do you support Rump".
I know it doesn't ask that. That's why it's horseshit. They are implying that "do you blame for the shutdown" is the equivalent of "do you support the president's actions." It's a verbal slight of hand. It's a con, in other words. It's no surprise that you defend it.

"They" (Langer) NEVER SAID OR IMPLIED anything about personal approval, DUMBASS.

*YOU* just did that HERE.

Good GODS you're a fucking dolt.
Yeah, I know. That's why the poll is meaningless, but you're too much of a fucking dumbass to get the point.

You're too much of a fucking dumbass to get that YOU JUST MADE THE POINT UP.

Love it and not for any payback response to Pelosi. Rather, we are in shutdown mode and a decision maker wants to leave town in essence refusing to negotiate a compromise. Keep her in town and meet with your president to get this done. Somebody wants to negotiate to end this and one obviously does not. Shameful. I also think nobody in the federal govt should get paid while on shutdown but that's another yopic.

I agree

There should be suffering from legislators during a shutdown.
Trump and his family included

Unless it is critical travel, all legislators should be in DC until they do their job

Love it and not for any payback response to Pelosi. Rather, we are in shutdown mode and a decision maker wants to leave town in essence refusing to negotiate a compromise. Keep her in town and meet with your president to get this done. Somebody wants to negotiate to end this and one obviously does not. Shameful. I also think nobody in the federal govt should get paid while on shutdown but that's another yopic.

I agree

There should be suffering from legislators during a shutdown.
Trump and his family included

Unless it is critical travel, all legislators should be in DC until they do their job
far as i know the only time trump left DC was to go to the border and talk with the agents there dealing with the ramifications to our governments collective stupidity.

In chess we call this moving the rook to the opponents second rank.

Trump denies Pelosi aircraft for foreign trip in response to call for State of the Union delay

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a stinging and curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

From what I've read, Pelosi's claim that safety was a concern involved her guessing since those responsible for it indicated she hadn't talked to them about it.

It’s the call of the Secret Service whether it is safe or not to have the SOTU at the House; shutdown or no shutdown. She thought she could score some points by exposing effects of his shutdown but instead, literally, ended up getting grounded.

She’s always welcome to charter her own plane for her junket.

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

He wrote: “Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative.”

From what I've read, Pelosi's claim that safety was a concern involved her guessing since those responsible for it indicated she hadn't talked to them about it.

It’s the call of the Secret Service whether it is safe or not to have the SOTU at the House; shutdown or no shutdown. She thought she could score some points by exposing effects of his shutdown but instead, literally, ended up getting grounded.

She’s always welcome to charter her own plane for her junket.

According to that body, they are prepared for it.

two badass motherfuckers at each other's throats...Trump and Pelosi...i love it...long may it continue

OMG. This is one of the most hysterical moves I have ever witnessed but a smack down baby.

I am happy happy happy. Unreal. God bless President Trump. Told the bitch to fly commercial.

maxresdefault.jpg
Huge violation of security proceedure.

These trips are never ever announced before that take place and most of the time we don't mind it about them until they are over and the VIPs are safely in the air on the way home.

National security is not tRump's forte.
Pelosi and company have shown QUITE CLEARLY they don't care about the national security of America so why the fuck should we care about theirs?
oh stop the BS please They care more than the money grubbing vile idiot you support now
If they cared AT ALL they would give the money to build the wall,not just lip service to "border security" They don't care about the victims of invaders crime either...They care more about gubmint workers that are "hurting" than the dead victims of crime from those THEY allow into the country so they can stay in power.
Give in to the lying egotistical POS ?? Get blackmailed into his BS so he can pull the same shit again??? I say stick it up that fat fucks ass the moron who's passing himself off as president
Then enjoy 2 years of not having a chance to govern,not like the AMERICANS will let you pass idiotic shit anyways but hey works for me. :)

No, he jack knifed our soldiers overseas. Keeping Congress from funding them and getting them what they need.

Are all Republicans this dumb?

Not a single one is defending our soldiers.
Why would an enemy want to do her harm? I mean she is an enemy to the United States.

Okay, so it was punitive.
Nice try, lil' butt-hurt snowflake.

NO...denying the Speaker and other Democrats engaging in wasteful spending / use of military aircraft as their taxi during a government shutdown and reminding Pelosi, the partisan extremist architect of the shutdown, that she should be in Washington doing her job - trying to negotiate and compromise to get a deal to re-open the govt - is not 'punative'.

DxNPL-QVAAA2Q_Y.jpg

OMG. This is one of the most hysterical moves I have ever witnessed but a smack down baby.

I am happy happy happy. Unreal. God bless President Trump. Told the bitch to fly commercial.

maxresdefault.jpg
Huge violation of security proceedure.

These trips are never ever announced before that take place and most of the time we don't mind it about them until they are over and the VIPs are safely in the air on the way home.

National security is not tRump's forte.
Bitch better stop playing her games then.
Wrong.

Bitch better stop playing his.
Or What...............Pelosi and Schumer are going to say NO again. Really
:abgg2q.jpg:
You do realize this thing is all tRumps fault don't you? There was a bill on his desk that he had promised to sign until Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh called him a coward or some shit. You do realize that the new Democratic house has passed spending bills that are identical to the ones the republican house and senate signed off in already right? You do realize the tRump is the one who stormed out of the meeting like a spoiled teenager right? And that he's the one who said he was "proud to shut the government down" and that it could last "months or years" right?

These things are all facts, whether you like it or not.

Knowing these facts how can you honestly blame anyone but tRump for this shutdown?
Trump is serious, direct, and in charge. Democrats are hysterical, emotional, and fucking nuts.

Trump denying Pelosi use of military transport is a weak move.

It's nothing in comparison to Pelosi denying Trump his his State of the Union address. Trump does not get his moment in the sun this year. He must be PISSED!

Nancy CANNOT deny his State of the Union speech. Read your Constitution, dumbass!
However if he is going to give it in the House before a Joint Session ...he needs an invite from Pelosi.

There are many ways that SOTU can be delivered...doesn't have to be there. That's on him. He can do it from the Oval Office..or just mail it in...like the rest of his Presidency

The President should deliver the SOTU at the Orange Bowl. Pelosi et al can forsake their constitutional duties and not show up if they want. Let the PEOPLE get a chance to see the event as well and to exercise their first amendment rights to show their own disdain for Pelosi et al

The Constitution requires the President to report on the State of the Union TO CONGRESS.

DUMBASS!

This is funny...
She canceled his State of the Union. a time when the President couldn't look more Presidential, even Trump can't screw it up... It is very public, highly watched and commented about.. It is seriously high profile and more.... Pelosi called off for a good reason and said he could write a letter or give the statement from the White House (think she was pulling the p*ss asking him to write a letter)...

Pelosi was going on a top secret meetings with top Military in war zones. It is no pleasure cruise and Trump has managed himself only to do it once after been embarrassed into it. Pelosi could have just done it on a conference video call at home but wanted to show the soldiers that they matter and are not forgotten about. Pelosi gets all the credit without having to even go, actually better than that now everyone knows that she goes and doesn't make a song a dance about it...

Pelosi big win...

Surely, her sojourn in Hawaii and Puerto Rico were also top secret meetings. Then you'll have to explain why the NY Times claims that she was going to see the troops?

Trump Hits Back at Pelosi, Upending Her Trip to See Troops
Trump Hits Back at Pelosi, Upending Her Trip to See Troops

It's nothing in comparison to Pelosi denying Trump his his State of the Union address. Trump does not get his moment in the sun this year. He must be PISSED!

Nancy CANNOT deny his State of the Union speech. Read your Constitution, dumbass!

You apparently have your very own private Constitution, because U.S. Constitution says no such thing.

The U.S. Constitution requires the President to report on the State of the Union to Congress, but does not specify how. For more than a hundred years Presidents reported in writing only. It's only been since the 20th century that Presidents have been INVITED to a joint session of Congress to deliver the State of the Union as a speech.

Try reading the U.S. Constitution.

MORON!

Pelosi cannot deny the state of the union address.

Well...I don’t know. She shouldn’t. But the State of the Union could be transmitted by letter as per the Constitution. I always despised the theatre of it.
But alas we live in theatrical times. So here’s an idea. Trump should rent a yuuuuge stadium and pack it with citizens. Deliver his state of the union to Americans directly. Simply ignore Pelosi.

He's required to deliver it to Congress.

Forum List

Back