Trump Divides the Democrats

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Trump already stole the blue collar wing of the Democratic Party Monday when Union leaders sang praises for him at their meeting, now this.

Sanders, joined by Rust Belt Democrats, praises Trump for nixing TPP.

All in two days.

All while Trump has the left are babbling about crowd sizes and Russians.

The left have been bifurcated and they have been caught so unaware they don't even know they lay in pieces on the ground now.

Trump already stole the blue collar wing of the Democratic Party Monday when Union leaders sang praises for him at their meeting, now this.
Correction, he didn't steal the "blue collar wing of the Democratic Party", he borrowed it and if he wants to keep it through the 2020 election he's going to have to make good on a whole lot of promises.

Correction, he didn't steal the "blue collar wing of the Democratic Party", he borrowed it and if he wants to keep it through the 2020 election he's going to have to make good on a whole lot of promises.

The other question is, do the Democrats want it back?

Uncle Ferd says, "Yeah...

... dat's called divide an' conquer...

... dat's how he won the `lection."

Glad to see republicans warming up to organized labor

Many of us have not had an issue with private unions, as long as they don't get "closed shop" government protection. It's public unions that are an issue, and maybe Trump will be the one to fix the current situation with at least the federal civil service.

He is making good on those promises already, and with the leadership of the Democratic Party announcing they don't like white people anymore, 2020 looks good for Republicans.

Day 3 and a heck of a lot of promises have been fulfilled so far.

Yeah, try winning without the union vote.

Tough for them, but after 2016, I am really unsure about how the voting blocs will align in the future.

Many of us have not had an issue with private unions, as long as they don't get "closed shop" government protection. It's public unions that are an issue, and maybe Trump will be the one to fix the current situation with at least the federal civil service.
With a stroke of a pen Trump can dissolve government unions.
JFK allowed them with an EO, they can be dissolved with an EO.

Tough for them, but after 2016, I am really unsure about how the voting blocs will align in the future.
Trump won Michigan.

With a stroke of a pen Trump can dissolve government unions.
JFK allowed them with an EO, they can be dissolved with an EO.

Yes, but the issue goes deeper than that. Civil Service laws need to be reformed. The Civil Service was supposed to create an apolitical mechanism to implement the policies of the elected (and the appointed by the elected). Too many high level policy directing positions have fallen under civil service titles. They need to be made political appointments again.

Trump won Michigan.

This time. It all depends on Trump delivering the goods. My concern is that he doesn't, and even if the Dems don't try to get them back, some 3rd party person may actually grab them in 2020.

Trump won Michigan.

This time. It all depends on Trump delivering the goods. My concern is that he doesn't, and even if the Dems don't try to get them back, some 3rd party person may actually grab them in 2020.
If Trump acts like a one term President he will win a second term. And visa versa because his supporters will abandon him.

Trump won Michigan.

The Democrats are doubling down on identity politics instead of dealing with bread and butter issues, so I think there is little chance they will do well in 2020, and third party candidates tout ideology instead of issues like jobs and security so I don't see any threat to Republicans holding on to the Mid West in 2020.

Last edited:
I was watching O'Reilly, and one of the guys he talked to mentioned that those Union Leaders.......had never been in the Oval Office...despite clinton the rapist and the first black President being democrats.....Trump is the first President to have them in the Oval Office.....

Trump is going to end up with the Union vote in 2020...

Forum List

Back