The Left wants “common sense” restrictions to the First Amendment

Read the First Amendment. The rule is right there in black and white.

Our government has gone rogue. It breeches the Bill of Rights multiple times every day. Is this not the definition of illegal?
Read what I wrote, because that’s not relevant to what I said.

Do you remember all of the lies that the Democrats told about Covid?
Do you remember all of the lies that the Democrat told about Russian Collusion?
Do you remember all of the lies that the Democrat told about Jan 6?

Yes, along with the collusion between government and the social media companies, to censor and punish those who dared to dispute the official lies.

And the criminal Mayorkas' effort to establish a “Disinformation Governance Board”.

I think anyone with any common sense knows to assume that any person or agency that seeks the power to judge what is “disinformation”, and to suppress or censor it, intents itself to be a source of disinformation and does not want its own claims to be challenged.

The left doesn't possess common sense.
The left's biggest problem is they have no "common sense". They don't know what common sense is.

CaptainObvious.png

Last edited:
Straw man questions.
Those weren't lies.
Covid was a real pandemic.
Russia did meddle in the 2016 election to benefit the Trump campaign and Trump encouraged it.
January 6th was a real insurgency by domestic terrorists who were assembled and mobilized by Trump in an attempt to overthrow a legigimate [sic] election.

Right.

And all these claims come from the side that wants to impose censorship on any who dispute these claims. That tells us all that that we need to know, in evaluating the veracity of these claims.

Right.

And all these claims come from the side that wants to impose censorship on any who dispute these claims. That tells us all that that we need to know, in evaluating the veracity of these claims.

COVID was a pandemic, but the reaction was based on the initial concern of 3%-5% mortality in healthy adults. Once that was found to be wrong, the response should have been modified, but the Karens found the fear worked for them and kept it up for about 1.5 years too long.

COVID was a pandemic, but the reaction was based on the initial concern of 3%-5% mortality in healthy adults. Once that was found to be wrong, the response should have been modified, but the Karens found the fear worked for them and kept it up for about 1.5 years too long.

It was a common cold, hyperbolized and weaponized for malevolent political purposes; nothing more.

Big Brother told us to be deathly afraid of a common cold, and too many of us stupidly obeyed; and too many of us still do.

Fra more harm was caused to us, as individuals and as a society, by all the abuses of government for which this absurd hoax was used as an excuse, than the disease itself ever had any potential to cause.

Anarchist it is!!!

For most people, anarchy is a disturbing word, suggesting chaos, violence, antinomianism — things they hope the state can control or prevent. The term state, despite its bloody history, doesn’t disturb them. Yet it’s the state that is truly chaotic, because it means the rule of the strong and cunning. They imagine that anarchy would naturally terminate in the rule of thugs. But mere thugs can’t assert a plausible right to rule. Only the state, with its propaganda apparatus, can do that.

It was a common cold, hyperbolized and weaponized for malevolent political purposes; nothing more.

Big Brother told us to be deathly afraid of a common cold, and too many of us stupidly obeyed; and too many of us still do.

Fra more harm was caused to us, as individuals and as a society, by all the abuses of government for which this absurd hoax was used as an excuse, than the disease itself ever had any potential to cause.

it was more like a very bad flu, but really only for people with co-morbidities. Unlike the Spanish flu it didn't target young healthy people.

I agree with your last statement.

it was more like a very bad flu, but really only for people with co-morbidities

Symptom-wise, yes, it was very much like a flu; for some people, worse than most flu infections. When I had it, it was slightly worse for me than the average flu infection, but I have had flu infections that were much worse.

Influenza is a specific family of viruses, and COVID-1984 is not in that family.

The common cold is actually caused by any one of many different categories of viruses, and the Coronavirus family is among of them. So yes, technically, COVID-1984 is a variant on the common cold.

Symptom-wise, yes, it was very much like a flu; for some people, worse than most flus.

Influenza is a specific family of viruses, and COVID-1984 is not in that family.

The common cold is actually caused by any one of many different categories of viruses, and the Coronavirus family is among of them. So yes, technically, COVID-1984 is a variant on the common cold.

Variant, but you can't just dismiss the novel version of 2020-2021 as "just a cold". Let us not make the same mistake as our opponents of glossing over things.

The current attenuating version is still on a downward trend of lethality and overall virulence.

To sum up the OP is that demafasict want what they view as “common sense” censorship

Variant, but you can't just dismiss the novel version of 2020-2021 as "just a cold".

Yes, I most certainly can, and do.

Let us not make the same mistake as our opponents of glossing over things.

The mistake was in allowing ourselves to be deceived into thinking that it was anything more than a common cold, into being deathly afraid of it, and in allowing this fear to be used to control us, to strip us of essential freedoms, and to sabotage our economy. All of that over what was, in fact, just a common cold.

Yes, I most certainly can, and do.

The mistake was in allowing ourselves to be deceived into thinking that it was anything more than a common cold, into being deathly afraid of it, and in allowing this fear to be used to control us, to strip us of essential freedoms, and to sabotage our economy. All of that over what was, in fact, just a common cold.

At the time 2020-2021 is was more than a common cold, but less than they sold it as. They did over-react, and did use it as a screen for election shenanigans, but it was still a lethal dangerous novel virus.

I had a co-worker in a coma for 4 months due to it, before any of the shots came out. Several friends lost older parents with co-morbidities (mostly former smokers).

At the time 2020-2021 is was more than a common cold, but less than they sold it as.

I can forgive people who were stupid enough to believe that lie in the beginning. Not know. There is no excuse to continue to believe this bullshit, after four years; after all that we have clearly seen about how we have been lied to and manipulated.

A legal analyst at MSNBC argued earlier this week that there is a need for “common sense” restrictions to the First Amendment to prevent “disinformation” online.

The comments from University of Michigan law professor Barbara McQuade underscore how many on the far left now view basic American Constitutional rights.

In the context of American political discourse in the age of social media, McQuade said that the country’s “deep commitment to free speech,” a cornerstone of society, is leaving people vulnerable to being misled.

While hawking a new book she has authored called “Attack from Within: How Disinformation is Sabotaging America,” McQuade told MSNBC she hoped to initiate a “national conversation about truth and our commitment to [free speech].”

Comment:
Oh the irony is ludicrous.
A MSNBC legal analyst is worried about "misinformation" LOL
ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYT..... lie all of the time.
The Democrat Propaganda Machine churns out a daily deluge of lies every day.
And they want to be the fact checkers of the truth. LMAO
Censorship is a huge red flag for tyranny and an indication of a dangerous political cult.
The Democrats are incapable of introspection, which is another sign that they are a political cult.

View attachment 910744
the founders assumed that excesses of "free speech" could be remedied with dueling pistols.

I can forgive people who were stupid enough to believe that lie in the beginning. Not know. There is no excuse to continue to believe this bullshit, after four years; after all that we have clearly seen about how we have been lied to and manipulated.
Why did the thread become about Covid?

Why did the thread become about Covid?

The thread is about censorship, and about how those who demand it want to be the ones to put forth disinformation, without being challenged on it.

The #CoronaHoax2020 is a spectacular example of a massive, malevolent disinformation campaign, backed up by widespread censorship against those who dared to call out the lies for what they clearly were.

It's almost a perfect model of where those who call for “‘common sense’ restrictions to the First Amendment” clearly intend to go with it.

Forum List

Back