🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Doubled My Tax Refund Check!!

I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:

And the government will be borrowing that amount to make up the loss of revenue.

Your kids and grand kids will pay the bill don't worry about it.

We are leaving such a mess to the next generations so the top 1% can get a bigger yacht and the pockets of congress get filled with greed and corruption. This is basically all of congress, both parties.

Tax cuts =/= spending dumbass. And I started off this thread saying we need spending cuts.

Then why didn't Trump just cut spending, and use the savings to pay off the national debt. That's what Trump said he would do in 2016.

They all say that. Problm
I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:

How many pages was your version of the bill?

It fit on a postcard, just like his new tax return.

How much bigger will the debt be?

The deficit will go down under Trump's tax reform bill as tax revenues rise in a growing economy just relax.

Agreed. 0.5% extra GDP/yr will wipe this out. Better we keep our own money and Jobs than DC collecting it ....... taking a huge cut....... wasting the rest. Now go to work on cutting spending.

Yep, bend over and have a Merry Trump Christmas - while passing the increased national debt to your offspring. Also, people will die along the way from lack of insurance.

The deficit will go down under Trump's tax reform bill as tax revenues rise in a growing economy just relax.

Agreed. 0.5% extra GDP/yr will wipe this out. Better we keep our own money and Jobs than DC collecting it ....... taking a huge cut....... wasting the rest. Now go to work on cutting spending.

Outstanding post! :eusa_clap: DC can start by cutting the over $400 billion in government waste and fraud they blew this year alone according to the report.

You can allways claim more allowances and get more back each pay check, if you always get a refund

I'd prefer a tax system where the proper amount was paid, rather than having to get a bunch back at tax time.....but if your calculations are correct, good for you. :)

True...I have a number of employees that claim 99 dependents all year...nearly exempting themselves from federal taxes and then paying all their liabilities at the end of the year....I do not suggest this if you're not seriously disciplined....I do like the idea of sitting on my own money all year as well.

Note: they will penalize if you don't send in something quarterly if you end up owing too much at end of year. I don't have specifics on hand but 10% of something......comes to mind. Interest and penalties. You can withold it.........but they are watching.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a penalty...I've asked my guys, they say there isn't so long as all liabilities due are paid by the deadline.
I guess I should consult with my CFO on that....I don't think I as the boss should encourage or discourage it either way though.

No, it will not. Even under the White House's expected growth the tax bill adds 1.5 trillion do the deficit. that is a fact, and that is the best case scenario.

Trump thanked Putin for cutting the staff in the US embassy in Moscow in half, saving a bunch of money.

If we cut everybody serving abroad in half, the budget would be balanced.

Shame they don't cut their spending like all responsible people do when their income goes down.

Responsible people don't cut their income, knowing what their expenses are.
This might come as a shock to you but that money does not belong to beaurocrats in DC. It is my money, your money... entrusted to them to do the right thing. If they can't achieve that goal then send it back to those it belongs to.

Those morons in DC just wasted over $400 billion dollars this year alone. That's 3 times the cost of this tax reform bill. Over $400 billion in government waste and fraud the report said. Those idiots in DC could clean up their mess and pay for the tax cuts 3 times over.

But they won't which is why they have no business cutting taxes.
If you're stupid enough to allow DC to waste YOUR MONEY send some my way. I happily invest in into my business or grandsons college savings.

So you do not think that DC is wasting your money?

Yep, bend over and have a Merry Trump Christmas - while passing the increased national debt to your offspring.

The theory is this tax reform bill will enable the economy to take off and grow at such a rate it will pay for the tax cuts plus generate a whole lot more tax revenue on top of that. So your post is at best dishonest. Some Dem's suggested maybe half the tax cuts and test that for a few years to see if this theory proves true, but half measures were likely not to work. We need to hit a tax cut threshold for the economy to get cooking with gas.

So give it a few years and if it doesn't work you can celebrate. Certainly doing nothing was wrong. Obama doubled the damn debt and what do we have to show for it. So now we'll give Trump's plan a try he can hardly do worse than your guy.

No, it will not. Even under the White House's expected growth the tax bill adds 1.5 trillion do the deficit. that is a fact, and that is the best case scenario.

The tax cuts will bring in increased revenue, just like under Ronald Reagan, where the national debt tripled, or under George w. Bush where the national debt doubled.

The tax cuts will bring in increased revenue, just like under Ronald Reagan, where the national debt tripled, or under George w. Bush where the national debt doubled.

Any more sour grapes from the left?

Yep, bend over and have a Merry Trump Christmas - while passing the increased national debt to your offspring.

The theory is this tax reform bill will enable the economy to take off and grow at such a rate it will pay for the tax cuts plus generate a whole lot more tax revenue on top of that. So your post is at best dishonest. Some Dem's suggested maybe half the tax cuts and test that for a few years to see if this theory proves true, but half measures were likely not to work. We need to hit a tax cut threshold for the economy to get cooking with gas.

So give it a few years and if it doesn't work you can celebrate. Certainly doing nothing was wrong. Obama doubled the damn debt and what do we have to show for it. So now we'll give Trump's plan a try he can hardly do worse than your guy.

I love it when the Trump lemmings keep repeating the same lie about Obama as defense for Trump adding to the deficit! What a bunch of rubes you people are

And the government will be borrowing that amount to make up the loss of revenue.
Because that's never happened until Trump came to the WH ?

The theory is this tax reform bill will enable the economy to take off and grow at such a rate it will pay for the tax cuts plus generate a whole lot more tax revenue on top of that.

Can you give an example where the theory ever worked?

Shame they don't cut their spending like all responsible people do when their income goes down.

The Republicans do the exact same thing every time they get in power. Cut taxes, balloon the deficit, leave a mess for the Democrats, and then run against the Democrats raising taxes to try to clean up the mess.

Your boy doubled the nation debt holy shit, call us when the GOP comes even close to doing that.
Bush also nearly doubled it and Reagan tripled it.

Now would be a good time for you to move the goal posts and switch your argument to nominal figures.....

Because that's never happened until Trump came to the WH ?

Trump is like Lucy VanPelt, promising she won't pull the football out from Charlie Brown.

Forum List

Back