🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Doubled My Tax Refund Check!!

It worked under Reagan and under Bush, your exalted leaders just spent too much of the peoples money just like jughead did. But go ahead blame it on tax cuts.

Discover card mathematics. When you get 2% cash back on what you spend, you can increase your income by spending more. So it's true your income has gone up. But you increase the deficits faster than the growth in income.

The Republicans do the exact same thing every time they get in power. Cut taxes, balloon the deficit, leave a mess for the Democrats, and then run against the Democrats raising taxes to try to clean up the mess.
Lol, Obama outspent all presidents combined. Didn't hear a peep out of you.

Obama inherited the biggest deficits in history, and cut them by over 60%.

I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:
could it be that you're lying?

Someone posted a link to the tax bill pdf go down load it and calculate your taxes as I did. Officially its labeled the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:

And the government will be borrowing that amount to make up the loss of revenue.
Shame they don't cut their spending like all responsible people do when their income goes down.

The Republicans do the exact same thing every time they get in power. Cut taxes, balloon the deficit, leave a mess for the Democrats, and then run against the Democrats raising taxes to try to clean up the mess.

Total crickets from the left, irony is off the scale as it was candidate Obama who claimed deficits and debt were unpatriotic.

All while downgrading our mighty Standard& Poor's Triple AAA credit rating for the first time in history.

You know the entire GOVT has been screwed up for a long time right? The SEC did not even catch Madoff? One example of millions.

We now have a guy who understands business and money. Let him work. Get out of the way. Shutup.

Congress......stop spending.....wasting.

Last edited:

Let me fix that for you, Obama inherited the biggest deficits in history from Obama and his fellow Democrats. We have to keep reminding you leftists Dem's controlled congress and the purse strings.

Agreed. 0.5% extra GDP/yr will wipe this out. Better we keep our own money and Jobs than DC collecting it ....... taking a huge cut....... wasting the rest. Now go to work on cutting spending.

Trump thanked Putin for cutting the staff in the US embassy in Moscow in half, saving a bunch of money.

If we cut everybody serving abroad in half, the budget would be balanced.
Make it so that if the deficit doesn't come down every year, then they don't get paid till it does. I bet they would work together then.

Agreed. 0.5% extra GDP/yr will wipe this out. Better we keep our own money and Jobs than DC collecting it ....... taking a huge cut....... wasting the rest. Now go to work on cutting spending.

Trump thanked Putin for cutting the staff in the US embassy in Moscow in half, saving a bunch of money.

If we cut everybody serving abroad in half, the budget would be balanced.
Make it so that if the deficit doesn't come down every year, then they don't get paid till it does. I bet they would work together then.

Speaking of which, isn't the 1939 Federal debt limit pretty much a joke?

Someone posted a link to the tax bill pdf go down load it and calculate your taxes as I did. Officially its labeled the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

Tax Cut & Jobs Act Tax Reform Calculator / Trump Tax Calculator

I just punched in my dads numbers, and the result is....

Difference: -$18

He's going to save $18 maybe he'll take us out to dinner to celebrate.

LOL from your own link - It is not an exact representation of what you may owe under the finalized plan as the calculator does not include all applicable factors. :itsok:

Let me fix that for you, Obama inherited the biggest deficits in history from Obama and his fellow Democrats. We have to keep reminding you leftists Dem's controlled congress and the purse strings.

To be fair the RINO held the purse during many Obama years and let it go open loop no budget. Maybe we are doomed?

LOL from your own link - It is not an exact representation of what you may owe under the finalized plan as the calculator does not include all applicable factors. :itsok:

Then link to the calculator you used, where your taxes were cut in half. You said thhat I could find them online, without specifying, and then you bitch I picked the wrong one.

To be fair the RINO held the purse during many Obama years and let it go open loop no budget. Maybe we are doomed?

RINO's, Democrats same thing.

Which LINK did you use? Post it

You can allways claim more allowances and get more back each pay check, if you always get a refund

I'd prefer a tax system where the proper amount was paid, rather than having to get a bunch back at tax time.....but if your calculations are correct, good for you. :)

True...I have a number of employees that claim 99 dependents all year...nearly exempting themselves from federal taxes and then paying all their liabilities at the end of the year....I do not suggest this if you're not seriously disciplined....I do like the idea of sitting on my own money all year as well.

Note: they will penalize if you don't send in something quarterly if you end up owing too much at end of year. I don't have specifics on hand but 10% of something......comes to mind. Interest and penalties. You can withold it.........but they are watching.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a penalty...I've asked my guys, they say there isn't so long as all liabilities due are paid by the deadline.
I guess I should consult with my CFO on that....I don't think I as the boss should encourage or discourage it either way though.
You can allways claim more allowances and get more back each pay check, if you always get a refund

I'd prefer a tax system where the proper amount was paid, rather than having to get a bunch back at tax time.....but if your calculations are correct, good for you. :)

True...I have a number of employees that claim 99 dependents all year...nearly exempting themselves from federal taxes and then paying all their liabilities at the end of the year....I do not suggest this if you're not seriously disciplined....I do like the idea of sitting on my own money all year as well.

Note: they will penalize if you don't send in something quarterly if you end up owing too much at end of year. I don't have specifics on hand but 10% of something......comes to mind. Interest and penalties. You can withold it.........but they are watching.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a penalty...I've asked my guys, they say there isn't so long as all liabilities due are paid by the deadline.
I guess I should consult with my CFO on that....I don't think I as the boss should encourage or discourage it either way though.

It is complicated. Found this. Board tablet barely running? You could warn them to read it maybe?

Topic Number: 306 - Penalty for Underpayment of Estimated Tax

The United States income tax system is a pay-as-you-go tax system, which means that you must pay income tax as you earn or receive your income during the year. You can do this either through withholding or by making estimated tax payments. If you don't pay your tax or you pay an insufficient amount of tax through withholding, you might also have to pay estimated taxes. If you didn't pay enough tax throughout the year, either through withholding or by making estimated tax payments, you may have to pay a penalty for underpayment of estimated tax. Generally, most taxpayers will avoid this penalty if they either owe less than $1,000 in tax after subtracting their withholding and estimated tax payments, or if they paid at least 90% of the tax for the current year or 100% of the tax shown on the return for the prior year, whichever is smaller. There are special rules for farmers and fishermen, certain household employers and certain higher income taxpayers. For more information, refer to Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax.Generally, taxpayers should make estimated tax payments in four equal amounts to avoid a penalty. However, if you receive income unevenly during the year, you may be able to vary the amounts of the payments to avoid or lower the penalty by using the annualized installment method. Use Form 2210 (PDF), Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts, to see if you owe a penalty for underpaying your estimated tax.The law allows the IRS to waive the penalty if:You didn't make a required payment because of a casualty event, disaster, or other unusual circumstance and it would be inequitable to impose the penalty, orYou retired (after reaching age 62) or became disabled during the tax year or in the preceding tax year for which you should have made estimated payments, and the underpayment was due to reasonable cause and not willful

Last edited:

Tax Cut & Jobs Act Tax Reform Calculator / Trump Tax Calculator

Of course you know I don't believe you right? And I doubt most anyone on this board does either.

Of course you know I don't believe you right? And I doubt most anyone on this board does either.

Blueslegend claimed his taxes would be cut in half. Did you call him on it?
No. He has not appeared to lack credibility like you have thus far. You create the persona that surrounds you so don't blame anyone but yourself.

How much bigger will the debt be?

The deficit will go down under Trump's tax reform bill as tax revenues rise in a growing economy just relax.
Says you, a rightwing tool. Meanwhile, the non-partisan Tax Foundation estimates it will actually increase deficits, totaling some $1.5 trillion.

Forum List

Back