🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Doubled My Tax Refund Check!!

You know the entire GOVT has been screwed up for a long time right? The SEC did not even catch Madoff? One example of millions.

We now have a guy who understands business and money. Let him work. Get out of the way. Shutup.

Congress......stop spending.....wasting.

But government is not a business, and does not operate as one, despite any similarities. And wasn't Trump involved in a lot of risk-taking as a businessman? Is that something we should want in our government?

I agree that Congress spends and wastes. I can't see it stopping, I hope more for a slowing down.

No. He has not appeared to lack credibility like you have thus far. You create the persona that surrounds you so don't blame anyone but yourself.

I posted both the site I used, and cut and pasted the result, and you doubt the credibility of my post.

Blueslegend posted nothing to support his claim, not the amount saved, or the website he used to calculate it, and you believe him.

It worked under Reagan and under Bush, your exalted leaders just spent too much of the peoples money just like jughead did. But go ahead blame it on tax cuts.

Discover card mathematics. When you get 2% cash back on what you spend, you can increase your income by spending more. So it's true your income has gone up. But you increase the deficits faster than the growth in income.
Bullshit lies is all you turds have.

No. He has not appeared to lack credibility like you have thus far. You create the persona that surrounds you so don't blame anyone but yourself.

I posted both the site I used, and cut and pasted the result, and you doubt the credibility of my post.

Blueslegend posted nothing to support his claim, not the amount saved, or the website he used to calculate it, and you believe him.
Reread your interaction with me in this thread and see if you can figure out why I would not take you seriously.

I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:
I had no idea you were a millionaire! :)

I guess the liberals were lying about the tax reform bill.
They lie about everything, in fact they are criminals and should be dealt with.

Can you give an example where the theory ever worked?

IT always works. Facts and figures don't lie. .

They tried it under Ronald Reagan, the facts, Reagan tripled the national debt
They tried it under George W> Bush, the facts, Bush doubled the national debt.

Again, give me an example where the theory ever worked.

I am tablet limited. I did give you GWB example. Revenue was increasing up thru 2007. Then Social Eng broke housing, recession hit. TARP + 2 mini stimulus charged under GWB final yr. Start of Obama. This skews numbers you toss around. Obama years added more to that. Took TARP payback too but charged it during GWB final year. Lots of funny business during 09 transition.
Stop lying, gramps.

Duhbya cut taxes in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and federal income tax revenue fell each of those years. It wasn’t until 2004 when the real estate bubble began to inflate uncontrollably that federal income tax finally began to increase.

usgs_line.php

Reread your interaction with me in this thread and see if you can figure out why I would not take you seriously.
And to be clear he could be bullshitting but he's given me no reason to suspect he is.

I just finished reading Trump's tax reform bill and calculated my tax refund check for next year when the tax reform bill takes effect, my refund check will be DOUBLE this years refund on about the same income hell yeah! Good job president Trump!! :eusa_dance:

And the government will be borrowing that amount to make up the loss of revenue.
Shame they don't cut their spending like all responsible people do when their income goes down.

The Republicans do the exact same thing every time they get in power. Cut taxes, balloon the deficit, leave a mess for the Democrats, and then run against the Democrats raising taxes to try to clean up the mess.
Lol, Obama outspent all presidents combined. Didn't hear a peep out of you.
That’s because he didn’t. You’re fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

Only the lazy or stupid get refunds. Why give the IRS the float?

Conservatives wanting free stuff. Nothing new here.

The Republicans do the exact same thing every time they get in power. Cut taxes, balloon the deficit, leave a mess for the Democrats, and then run against the Democrats raising taxes to try to clean up the mess.
Lol, Obama outspent all presidents combined. Didn't hear a peep out of you.

Obama inherited the biggest deficits in history, and cut them by over 60%.

Let me fix that for you, Obama inherited the biggest deficits in history from Obama and his fellow Democrats. We have to keep reminding you leftists Dem's controlled congress and the purse strings.
Oh? So now you’re blaming the Congress and not the president??

Then why did you blame Obama for doubling the debt? Sounds like you’re one of those rightwing sycophants who simply looks for the nearest Democrat to blame.

Oh, and by the way, the first trillion dollar deficit came from a budget signed passed by a Republican House and a Republican Senate and signed by a Republican president.

Conservatives wanting free stuff. Nothing new here.
You mean getting to keep what is ours already, don't you liar?

Sycophants of a feather....

You can allways claim more allowances and get more back each pay check, if you always get a refund
I'd prefer a tax system where the proper amount was paid, rather than having to get a bunch back at tax time.....but if your calculations are correct, good for you. :)

True...I have a number of employees that claim 99 dependents all year...nearly exempting themselves from federal taxes and then paying all their liabilities at the end of the year....I do not suggest this if you're not seriously disciplined....I do like the idea of sitting on my own money all year as well.

Note: they will penalize if you don't send in something quarterly if you end up owing too much at end of year. I don't have specifics on hand but 10% of something......comes to mind. Interest and penalties. You can withold it.........but they are watching.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a penalty...I've asked my guys, they say there isn't so long as all liabilities due are paid by the deadline.
I guess I should consult with my CFO on that....I don't think I as the boss should encourage or discourage it either way though.
You can allways claim more allowances and get more back each pay check, if you always get a refund
I'd prefer a tax system where the proper amount was paid, rather than having to get a bunch back at tax time.....but if your calculations are correct, good for you. :)

True...I have a number of employees that claim 99 dependents all year...nearly exempting themselves from federal taxes and then paying all their liabilities at the end of the year....I do not suggest this if you're not seriously disciplined....I do like the idea of sitting on my own money all year as well.

Note: they will penalize if you don't send in something quarterly if you end up owing too much at end of year. I don't have specifics on hand but 10% of something......comes to mind. Interest and penalties. You can withold it.........but they are watching.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a penalty...I've asked my guys, they say there isn't so long as all liabilities due are paid by the deadline.
I guess I should consult with my CFO on that....I don't think I as the boss should encourage or discourage it either way though.

It is complicated. Found this. Board tablet barely running? You could warn them to read it maybe?

Topic Number: 306 - Penalty for Underpayment of Estimated Tax

The United States income tax system is a pay-as-you-go tax system, which means that you must pay income tax as you earn or receive your income during the year. You can do this either through withholding or by making estimated tax payments. If you don't pay your tax or you pay an insufficient amount of tax through withholding, you might also have to pay estimated taxes. If you didn't pay enough tax throughout the year, either through withholding or by making estimated tax payments, you may have to pay a penalty for underpayment of estimated tax. Generally, most taxpayers will avoid this penalty if they either owe less than $1,000 in tax after subtracting their withholding and estimated tax payments, or if they paid at least 90% of the tax for the current year or 100% of the tax shown on the return for the prior year, whichever is smaller. There are special rules for farmers and fishermen, certain household employers and certain higher income taxpayers. For more information, refer to Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax.Generally, taxpayers should make estimated tax payments in four equal amounts to avoid a penalty. However, if you receive income unevenly during the year, you may be able to vary the amounts of the payments to avoid or lower the penalty by using the annualized installment method. Use Form 2210 (PDF), Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts, to see if you owe a penalty for underpaying your estimated tax.The law allows the IRS to waive the penalty if:You didn't make a required payment because of a casualty event, disaster, or other unusual circumstance and it would be inequitable to impose the penalty, orYou retired (after reaching age 62) or became disabled during the tax year or in the preceding tax year for which you should have made estimated payments, and the underpayment was due to reasonable cause and not willful

Good to know...much appreciated!

Wouldn't you much rather have one of the leftists here on the board have the money? They are always so thankful and all that others pay for their shit.

He's using it like a savings account. Apparently he believes the government can make better use of the money than he can.

He's using it like a savings account. Apparently he believes the government can make better use of the money than he can.
You don't know what he believes because you don't have any clue who he is, you are just another liar intent on hurting this country.

Can you give an example where the theory ever worked?

IT always works. Facts and figures don't lie. .

They tried it under Ronald Reagan, the facts, Reagan tripled the national debt
They tried it under George W> Bush, the facts, Bush doubled the national debt.

Again, give me an example where the theory ever worked.

I am tablet limited. I did give you GWB example. Revenue was increasing up thru 2007. Then Social Eng broke housing, recession hit. TARP + 2 mini stimulus charged under GWB final yr. Start of Obama. This skews numbers you toss around. Obama years added more to that. Took TARP payback too but charged it during GWB final year. Lots of funny business during 09 transition.
Stop lying, gramps.

Duhbya cut taxes in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and federal income tax revenue fell each of those years. It wasn’t until 2004 when the real estate bubble began to inflate uncontrollably that federal income tax finally began to increase.

usgs_line.php

fyi....grandpamurkedu was not the liar, I was. be careful, Cheifs play big game tonight vs. SD. Fair warning Iissued.

It took time for results to show from the other dot.com job recession. The GOVT screws up a lot of things. This is why Trump (an outsider) may help? Cant do much worse than $1.25T wasted per year. Give Trump a chance.......give 2-3 years. Clean the house.

Last edited:

Yep, bend over and have a Merry Trump Christmas - while passing the increased national debt to your offspring.

The theory is this tax reform bill will enable the economy to take off and grow at such a rate it will pay for the tax cuts plus generate a whole lot more tax revenue on top of that. So your post is at best dishonest. Some Dem's suggested maybe half the tax cuts and test that for a few years to see if this theory proves true, but half measures were likely not to work. We need to hit a tax cut threshold for the economy to get cooking with gas.

So give it a few years and if it doesn't work you can celebrate. Certainly doing nothing was wrong. Obama doubled the damn debt and what do we have to show for it. So now we'll give Trump's plan a try he can hardly do worse than your guy.

Duh, that "theory" has never worked. Never! You're just happy that Trump is kicking the debt can down the road to enrich his already rich friends at the expense of future generations of poor and middle class Americans. On Christmas Day - think about the millions who will lose their health insurance in order to help pay for Trump's tax cut con job.

Forum List

Back