Trump failed - so will he now try to sabotage Obamacare?

Will Trump try to sabotage Obamacare?

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
Could you just once not be stupid? Who do you think markets the Supplements for Medicare?

Supplements only - which are optional.

(sigh) Medicare, straight Medicare is shit. You MUST get a supplement. Lord the stupid is strong with this one.

I'm 70 years old. This ain't my first rodeo. No, I don't need a supplement.

Then you're an idiot. Part B is a straight 80/20 plan with no cap on your out of pocket. You pay 20% of EVERYTHING 100,000 dollar charge you owe 20 grand.
You can always purchase a MediAdvantage plan during open enrollment each year when you think you need it. These plans put caps on out of pocket expenses and you pay copays usually must less than 20 percent.

Medigap plans are shit.

I agree that most people do - but not everyone can afford it. Without Obamacare - many wouldn't have any health insurance - let alone supplemental.

Supplements are not very expensive at all, a Plan F for a 65 year old depending the State it's around 130 bucks. But you're right SOME can't afford it. They still must pay for Part B. The moment you turn 65 the ACA boots you out.

Medicaid expansion helps.

You have to be REALLY bad off financially to be dual eligible.

Actually, quite the opposite. But thanks for caring...

LOL, actually you have no idea what "Dual Eligible" is.

I assume you mean Medicare-Medicaid.

Supplements are not very expensive at all, a Plan F for a 65 year old depending the State it's around 130 bucks. But you're right SOME can't afford it. They still must pay for Part B. The moment you turn 65 the ACA boots you out.

(smile) The fact that you don't/didn't know how bad off folks must be to be dual eligible reveals more of your ignorance pop.

(smile) The fact that you don't/didn't know how bad off folks must be to be dual eligible reveals more of your ignorance pop.

Whatever you say, Dork Holiday. You're a pompous ass - but amusing...

Last edited:

Whatever you say, Johnny Ringo. You're a pompous ass - but amusing...

Sorry pop, you don't know anything about any of this so you try and bluff your way through. It won't work with me because I am completely versed in all of it. I get though, you've been shown to be a fool and it's embarrassing.

Wow.

Trump hasn't touched Obamacare, nor given the slightest indication he'll do it in the future. And already the radicalized liberals are accusing him of "sabotaging" it.

You can smell the desperation in these people.

Wow.

Trump hasn't touched Obamacare, nor given the slightest indication he'll do it in the future. And already the radicalized liberals are accusing him of "sabotaging" it.

You can smell the desperation in these people.

Some of us have been smelling that stench of desperation from liberals for about two months.

The Department of Health and Human Services inspector general has launched an investigation into the Trump administration’s decision to pull ads encouraging people to sign up for the Affordable Care Act during the enrollment period. By shutting down such outreach, the action could be seen as a stealth way to starve the health plan without legislative authority, critics say.

President Donald Trump’s administration said the ads were a waste of money, but Democrats have characterized the action as sabotage.

More: Inspector General Probes Trump Administration's Move To Pull Obamacare Enrollment Ads

Trump should put his pettiness aside and work with Democrats to fix the glitches in Obamacare. Potitics should be removed from American healthcare. If Trump tries to sabotage Obamacare - then HE will be responsible for its failure!

Sabotage no.

Obama Hellcare will collapse on its own.

I agree that the Freedom Caucus was correct. Ryancare sucked the big weenie.

I have no doubt that Trump and/or HHS Secretary Price will try to sabotage Obamacare. No doubt. NaziCons have been trying to sabotage Obamacare ever since it became the law of the land.

The Department of Health and Human Services inspector general has launched an investigation into the Trump administration’s decision to pull ads encouraging people to sign up for the Affordable Care Act during the enrollment period. By shutting down such outreach, the action could be seen as a stealth way to starve the health plan without legislative authority, critics say.

President Donald Trump’s administration said the ads were a waste of money, but Democrats have characterized the action as sabotage.

More: Inspector General Probes Trump Administration's Move To Pull Obamacare Enrollment Ads

Trump should put his pettiness aside and work with Democrats to fix the glitches in Obamacare. Potitics should be removed from American healthcare. If Trump tries to sabotage Obamacare - then HE will be responsible for its failure!

Sabotage no.

I think Trump and the GOP should be glad the AHCA did't get passed. First off, it was a POS that was politically motivated and was no better than the ACA. Second, the GOP base didn't like it, and neither did the American voters; when the Dems passed ObamaCare they foolishly thought they could talk the public into liking it and they were wrong and paid a high political price. So IMHO Trump and the GOP avoided making a big mistake and in the process got a wake-up call: do it right guys and if nobody likes what you're doing then stop doing it. I think Trump got a wake-up call too, this is what you're going to have to deal with and letting Ryan run with the ball isn't a good idea. So hopefully Trump and the GOP learn from their mistakes and try a different tack.

Sabotage no.

I think Trump and the GOP should be glad the AHCA did't get passed. First off, it was a POS that was politically motivated and was no better than the ACA. Second, the GOP base didn't like it, and neither did the American voters; when the Dems passed ObamaCare they foolishly thought they could talk the public into liking it and they were wrong and paid a high political price. So IMHO Trump and the GOP avoided making a big mistake and in the process got a wake-up call: do it right guys and if nobody likes what you're doing then stop doing it. I think Trump got a wake-up call too, this is what you're going to have to deal with and letting Ryan run with the ball isn't a good idea. So hopefully Trump and the GOP learn from their mistakes and try a different tack.

Aw, so failure was actually success? Okay, I get it now...

Sabotage no.

Ryan INTENTIONALLY stabbed DJT in its back.

Trump will do anything and everything that he thinks is important, and the ONLY thing that is important is TRUMP himself. So, he'll try and make sure it doesn't work, then show people how bad it is, and try and replace it with something, but will fail again because Congress won't have it.

Sabotage no.

Aw, so failure was actually success? Okay, I get it now...

Happens a lot on the right.

Going into Iraq and then having a failed post war period with lots of violence was a SUCCESS for the right. The benefits of such action, with increased Islamic Terrorism to scare people, lower oil prices because of a disrupted OPEC, have all benefited the right, and not benefited the people.

Sabotage no.

Aw, so failing was actually success? Okay, I get it now...

No, didn't say that. It was not a success by any stretch; by any standard it was a total fuckup. But it could have been worse, they coulda passed the AHCA and been stuck with the blowback like the Dems were for the last 7 years. Tell you what, if it's me I put together a non-partisan commission to come up with recommendations for HCI with the understanding that whatever that commission decides should get a vote in the House with no changes and no debate, just do it. Get HC off your back and move on to other stuff.

Sabotage no.

The problem is that the failure of the bill keeps healthcare in the hands of Democrats. If passed, it might not have been a great law, but at least the issue would have been back in our court for us to work and improve on.

Failure is failure, and there is no success in failure. As long as we have Republicans waiting for the "perfect" bill or law, then we will continue to fail. That will lead to losing leadership of the Senate, eventually the Congress, and of course, the White House.

I guess (for some reason) some Republicans think this is a path to success. It isn't.

Sabotage no.

The problem is that the failure of the bill keeps healthcare in the hands of Democrats. If passed, it might not have been a great law, but at least the issue would have been back in our court for us to work and improve on.

Failure is failure, and there is no success in failure. As long as we have Republicans waiting for the "perfect" bill or law, then we will continue to fail. That will lead to losing leadership of the Senate, eventually the Congress, and of course, the White House.

I guess (for some reason) some Republicans think this is a path to success. It isn't.

And isn't this the issue.

Obamacare is the Democrats and whatever the right wanted would have been theirs. Fuck the people, fuck what makes sense, fuck that you can get health insurance for cheaper in every country in the world, fuck that many people will suffer, it's all about WINNING....

Sabotage no.

Sometimes you fail plenty of times before you finally end up with something that works. Learning from your mistakes leads to success, were you thinking the GOP was going to get it right with their first shot at it? Welcome to reality.

Forum List

Back