Trump: Fine with same-sex marriage

I'm 41. I fulfilled my obligation. You're an ass for demanding more.

Not at all. I think that if you really think we need to be over there fighting, you and every other wingnut should sign up for a volunteer legion like the Americans who fought in the SPanish Civil War did.

You know, instead of promising some kid a college education that he'll never get because of his PTSD.

The " shut up if you don't sign up" line of logic in the time of a volunteer army is as dumb as saying only other firefighters can expect firefighters to fight a fire in their house.

wow, Marty, another awful analogy.

Here's the thing. A firefighter can quit being a firefighter any time he wants to.

We throw guys in the Army in jail if they say, "Hey, I was just here for the free college, not to fight for Exxon!"

Again, I really think what we need are volunteer brigades of right wingers to go over and fight for Exxon. Leave the regular army to fight actual threats in only DECLARED wars.

I'm 41. I fulfilled my obligation. You're an ass for demanding more.

Not at all. I think that if you really think we need to be over there fighting, you and every other wingnut should sign up for a volunteer legion like the Americans who fought in the SPanish Civil War did.

You know, instead of promising some kid a college education that he'll never get because of his PTSD.
You safety pins hating veterans so much is why Trump will be our next president. He's going to grab America's pussy....and there's a lot of that....and make America great again.

You safety pins hating veterans so much is why Trump will be our next president. He's going to grab America's pussy....and there's a lot of that....and make America great again.

I was in for 11 years.

And I got out when my enlistment was up in 1992 because the First Gulf War so disgusted me I no longer wanted any part of it.

If you guys cared about veterans, you wouldn't send them off to fight wars based on lies, and then have them come back to no jobs and shitty VA hospitals.

The " shut up if you don't sign up" line of logic in the time of a volunteer army is as dumb as saying only other firefighters can expect firefighters to fight a fire in their house.

wow, Marty, another awful analogy.

Here's the thing. A firefighter can quit being a firefighter any time he wants to.

We throw guys in the Army in jail if they say, "Hey, I was just here for the free college, not to fight for Exxon!"

Again, I really think what we need are volunteer brigades of right wingers to go over and fight for Exxon. Leave the regular army to fight actual threats in only DECLARED wars.

The analogy is actually spot fucking on, twat-hack.

And anyone going into the military signs a contract that clearly states the terms of that contract.

Plus, you don't think firefighters would suffer consequences if they decided to just stop fighting a fire in the middle of it?

And your standard progressive "oilz badz, oilz compunies wurs" trope is tired, and well, you.

I was in for 11 years.

And I got out when my enlistment was up in 1992 because the First Gulf War so disgusted me I no longer wanted any part of it.

If you guys cared about veterans, you wouldn't send them off to fight wars based on lies, and then have them come back to no jobs and shitty VA hospitals.
Read my signature, thickness.

And anyone going into the military signs a contract that clearly states the terms of that contract.

But that's the point, Mr. Libertarian. They are essentially signing away their lives. I'm not sure why you are so cool with this.

Plus, you don't think firefighters would suffer consequences if they decided to just stop fighting a fire in the middle of it?

Yeah, they'd probably be fired. I don't have a problem with that.

And your standard progressive "oilz badz, oilz compunies wurs" trope is tired, and well, you.

Hey, here's the thing. We could try to actually just pay the Arabs a fair price for their oil while trying to find alternatives to it instead of spending 900 Billion a year playing "Hall Monitor in the Middle East".

Imagine if we spent that 900 billion a year on roads, bridges, alternative energy, R&D, etc.

You know, instead of the Trillion dollars we spent on the F-35 which we can't even fly in the rain.

But that's the point, Mr. Libertarian. They are essentially signing away their lives. I'm not sure why you are so cool with this.

Hey, here's the thing. We could try to actually just pay the Arabs a fair price for their oil while trying to find alternatives to it instead of spending 900 Billion a year playing "Hall Monitor in the Middle East".

Imagine if we spent that 900 billion a year on roads, bridges, alternative energy, R&D, etc.

You know, instead of the Trillion dollars we spent on the F-35 which we can't even fly in the rain.

Because it is entered into willingly. Just because you got short changed on your 20 because you expected a war free term doesn't mean everyone else doesn't understand that being in the military may mean fighting someone.

Considering the market for oil is variable I don't know how you think a "fair price" would ever come up. Of course you would probably be the first person bitching about $10.00 gasoline if we had let Iraq take Kuiwait then continue down the gulf coast oil fields.

Because it is entered into willingly. Just because you got short changed on your 20 because you expected a war free term doesn't mean everyone else doesn't understand that being in the military may mean fighting someone.

I didn't get short changed. I really never planned to do 20 years. But I was pretty disgusted after the Gulf War because it was based on a lie. Saddam wasn't a threat to us and we had no alliance with Kuwait or obligation to resolve their dispute over the Rumalia oil fields.

The point is, the military should be like any other job. You should be able to say, "This is bullshit" and quit.

Considering the market for oil is variable I don't know how you think a "fair price" would ever come up. Of course you would probably be the first person bitching about $10.00 gasoline if we had let Iraq take Kuiwait then continue down the gulf coast oil fields.

Or maybe that would have encouraged us to actually get off of oil...

If the Saudis couldn't defend their own miserable country, that's their problem. we could have just bought Oil from Saddam. The Jews wouldn't have liked that, but seriously, fuck those guys. They can fight their own damn war, too.

I didn't get short changed. I really never planned to do 20 years. But I was pretty disgusted after the Gulf War because it was based on a lie. Saddam wasn't a threat to us and we had no alliance with Kuwait or obligation to resolve their dispute over the Rumalia oil fields.

The point is, the military should be like any other job. You should be able to say, "This is bullshit" and quit.

Or maybe that would have encouraged us to actually get off of oil...

If the Saudis couldn't defend their own miserable country, that's their problem. we could have just bought Oil from Saddam. The Jews wouldn't have liked that, but seriously, fuck those guys. They can fight their own damn war, too.

Anything that impacts the cost of energy in a negative way impacts our economy, and is a threat to the US. It's not like he didn't have a chance to back down, he didn't take it.

And now the curdmudgeonly "get of my law" side of JoeBlowfucktard comes to light.

So you wouldn't have bitched about $10 per gallon gasoline? Bullshit.

[

Anything that impacts the cost of energy in a negative way impacts our economy, and is a threat to the US. It's not like he didn't have a chance to back down, he didn't take it.

And now the curdmudgeonly "get of my law" side of JoeBlowfucktard comes to light.

I would bitch that we've known this was a problem for 40 years now and haven't done anything about it.

When we had gas lines in the 1970's, we should have engaged in a crash program to move beyond oil.

Instead we let the Bush Crime Family let Exxon dictate our foreign policy.

[

I would bitch that we've known this was a problem for 40 years now and haven't done anything about it.

When we had gas lines in the 1970's, we should have engaged in a crash program to move beyond oil.

Instead we let the Bush Crime Family let Exxon dictate our foreign policy.

And now you go all tinfoil hat. Your neuroses are compounding themselves.

You never seemed like the 'blood for oil' type.

You never seemed like the 'blood for oil' type.

Petroleum fuels our economy. Allowing sole control by a hostile power of a large part of the reserves (I he continued into the gulf states and Saudi) would have been a direct threat to our economy. Europe thought the same thing, mostly because their % of oil from the middle east was/is even greater than ours.

Petroleum fuels our economy. Allowing sole control by a hostile power of a large part of the reserves (I he continued into the gulf states and Saudi) would have been a direct threat to our economy. Europe thought the same thing, mostly because their % of oil from the middle east was/is even greater than ours.
The Petroleum industry also props up the value of the US dollar since they demand payment in US dollars in most petroleum producing countries.

If the Petroleum markets dump the US dollar we will likely see uncontrollable inflation.

Right. YOu don't think big oil dictates our policies...

richard-dick-cheney1.jpg

The Petroleum industry also props up the value of the US dollar since they demand payment in US dollars in most petroleum producing countries.

If the Petroleum markets dump the US dollar we will likely see uncontrollable inflation.

I wouldn't think uncontrollable, but it would suck. The key to that would be then to reduce the money supply accordingly.

Right. YOu don't think big oil dictates our policies...

richard-dick-cheney1.jpg

Just like any other large necessary commodity providing organization.

I always find it comical that the people who rail against corporations are usually the most trusting of large, intrusive government, you know, the ones that actually can control your life if they see fit.

Just like any other large necessary commodity providing organization.

I always find it comical that the people who rail against corporations are usually the most trusting of large, intrusive government, you know, the ones that actually can control your life if they see fit.

Well, that's because under normal circumstances, you know, when you guys don't steal elections, I can vote out the bums when they don't do what we want them to.

But when Big Oil steals an election like they did in 2000, and then gets us into a war over a lie to try (and fail) to control that market, darned right I'm going to object.

Forum List

Back