Trump Funneled Donations For Children’s Cancer Hospital to His Own Business

"Trump should not be faulted for promising $6 million in donations.

“What he said was, ‘We hope to get $6 million.’ He said this at an event where we were trying to get money. It was a best guess,” Lewandowski said. “That was his goal. His goal was to get somewhere around $6 million.”

"On the night of the fundraiser, Trump named nine big donors, including himself.

"Since then, The Post has found evidence from Trump’s staff, from the donors or from veterans charities that received money that seven of those nine gave money as promised. Those gifts added up to $3.78 million.

"On top of that, Trump said small-dollar donors gave $670,000 over the Internet. That adds up to $4.45 million."

Pretty significant charitable donations. Awesome.

Trump said he raised $6 million for veterans. Now his campaign says it was less.

Washington Post started asking what happened to the money. The newspaper found that Trump did not raise $6 million as he’d claimed, and making matters worse, though his campaign said Trump had already made a $1 million contribution, that turned out not to be true, either.

Yesterday, the presumptive Republican nominee held a press conference to set the record straight, though as the Washington Post reported, it didn’t go well.

Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he had given away all the money he had raised four months earlier for veterans – and at the same time bitterly attacked the news media for pressing him to explain what he had done with the money.

“Instead of being like, ‘Thank you very much, Mr. Trump,’ or ‘Trump did a good job,’ everyone’s saying, ‘Who got it, who got it, who got it?‘ “Trump said during a news conference here at Trump Tower. “And you make me look very bad. I have never received such bad publicity for doing such a good job.”

“Phone calls to all 41 of the groups by The Associated Press brought more than two-dozen responses Tuesday. About half reported checks from Trump within the past week, typically dated May 24, the day The Washington Post published a story questioning whether he had distributed all of the money.”

In other words, four months after his big fundraiser, where Trump touted a tally that turned out to be untrue, Trump only started cutting checks to a variety of groups after the Washington Post published a story that made the candidate look awful.

...Trump said he’d raised $6 million for veterans, but that wasn’t true. He later claimed he never used the $6 million figure, but that wasn’t true. His campaign insisted Trump had contributed $1 million himself, but that wasn’t true. Trump said he “didn’t want to have credit” for the fundraising efforts, but that wasn’t true. He said he and his team were vetting groups they’d never heard of four months after the fact, but that wasn’t true.

Trump's veterans controversy goes from bad to worse

OMG!!!!

You mean he lies to his base?

It's OK. They know and don't care. The GOP has been f*cking them over for years. If it stopped, they would miss it.

Oh dear the loons are triggered
The loons are the right wingers who think it's OK to funnel charity money for children to the Trump's personal businessess. I'm guessing you are one of those. Am I right?

Meh, at least ya didn't call me cupcake. That was hella annoying.

I explained my thoughts scroll up and calm down
OK, I scrolled up and it looked like idiocy from a moron. Was that what I was supposed to see? Did I miss something? Does that mean it's OK to funnel money from a children's charity to your own family?

BUSH WHAT? WTF are you talking about?

quote-i-have-said-it-before-and-i-will-say-it-again-impeachment-is-off-the-table-nancy-pelosi-258790.jpg

Woooosh right over the noob's noodle. We got us a dumb one here

Sure Cupcake, when you talk POLICY past matters, Cheeto and his son using charity a a piggy bank, not so much :(

Awww the noob thinks she's cute.

Its a nothing, bone head. Nothing will come if it. Save this post and choke on it when nothing happens

Now scram, noob boob

Money was transferred from a Non-Profit organization to a For-Profit business while the donors were informed that 100% of the money would be going to the Non-Profit children's cancer research.

Perhaps that is legal, I am not sure but Ethically Trump Sr. actions are Horrendously Shameful..

Yes, it is legal and he was quite up front about it.
So you are whining about something that is legal, and which all agree resulted in huge donations being routed to the people who the charities were serving. Hm.

Meanwhile, what the clintons did was actually illegal, and people did actually suffer.

Wow, like the normal right winger you'll just keep repeating LIES when shown the truth. I'm shocked Cupcake :)

The best part about all this, according to Eric Trump, is the charity's efficiency: Because he can get his family's golf course for free and have most of the other costs donated, virtually all the money contributed will go toward helping kids with cancer. "We get to use our assets 100% free of charge," Trump tells Forbes.

That's not the case.
In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.

And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses.

All of this seems to defy federal tax rules and state laws that ban self-dealing and misleading donors.

FORBES

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

The loons are the right wingers who think it's OK to funnel charity money for children to the Trump's personal businessess. I'm guessing you are one of those. Am I right?

OK, I scrolled up and it looked like idiocy from a moron. Was that what I was supposed to see? Did I miss something? Does that mean it's OK to funnel money from a children's charity to your own family?

Sigh...go away. You're annoying as frick. I'm sick of you loons losing your minds over evety little imagined thing

Sigh...go away. You're annoying as frick. I'm sick of you loons losing your minds over evety little imagined thing

Children dying from cancer is, according to SassyIrishLass a "little imagined thing".

Okay, not like we didn't already know that. What we need is to know if there is anything you vile slime won't lie to cover up for the cheeto.

Can you think of anything?

Kids dying of cancer? Nope.
Crapping on the handicapped?
Insulting Gold Star Families?
POWs?
Stealing from working class families?

C'mon, we're running out of human beings.

Surely, even you RWNJ Pooting lovers have something you care about more than you want to screw over the country.

Anything?

Please .. Anything at all?

Well, okay. I tried.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

72083324.jpg

Hey SassyIrishLass

I've seen your photo and I would definitely call you a cupcake.

Oozing, more than a bit, over that cupcake thingy.

(Shudder)

72083324.jpg

:fu:

Every charity event has expenses. It says 11 million raised and a measly 100k was used for expenses.

Really? You idiots are whining about that?

Really? You are ok with him lying about the amount going to charity?

The best part about all this, according to Eric Trump, is the charity's efficiency: Because he can get his family's golf course for free and have most of the other costs donated, virtually all the money contributed will go toward helping kids with cancer. "We get to use our assets 100% free of charge," Trump tells Forbes.

That's not the case.
In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.

Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.

FORBES

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

He didn't lie about money going to charity, you moron.

He said there were no costs, and there were. Meh. It's not a crime, and there is exactly zero evidence of any criminal acts. Even the pathetic douches who are trying to spin it into a scandal have to repeatedly affirm that they raised an amazing amount of money, and the amounts that covered expenses are negligible.

Not a crime. Not even questionable.

But meanwhile:

Stop with the Clinton shit...it has nothing to do with this Koshergirl..

Sure it does.

You presented an accusation that Trump funneled charity money into whatever...it didn't happen.

So I'm showing you what it looks like when politicians REALLY rape a charity.

Former Haitian lawmaker denounces Clinton Foundation graft

"In January 2015 a group of Haitians surrounded the New York offices of the Clinton Foundation. They chanted slogans, accusing Bill and Hillary Clinton of having robbed them of “billions of dollars.” Two months later, the Haitians were at it again, accusing the Clintons of duplicity, malfeasance, and theft. And in May 2015, they were back, this time outside New York’s Cipriani, where Bill Clinton received an award and collected a $500,000 check for his foundation. “Clinton, where’s the money?” the Haitian signs read. “In whose pockets?” Said Dhoud Andre of the Commission Against Dictatorship, “We are telling the world of the crimes that Bill and Hillary Clinton are responsible for in Haiti.”

Read more at: How the Clinton Foundation Got Rich off Poor Haitians

"EDITOR’S NOTE: The following article is excerpted from Dinesh D’Souza’s new book"

SERIOUSLY? LMAOROG

Dinesh D’Souza, adulterous felon and disgraced academic, really embarrassed himself this time :(

lol good post :)

You do realize that overstating what your charities net, and racketeering, are two different things?

"Even with the lower total, Trump’s fundraiser brought in millions of dollars for veterans’ charities. The Washington Post’s accounting, based on interviews with charities, has found at least $3.1 million in donations to veterans groups."

Trump said he raised $6 million for veterans. Now his campaign says it was less.
He only dispersed the funds after he was called out on it months later by a journalist Babble

BUSH WHAT? WTF are you talking about?

quote-i-have-said-it-before-and-i-will-say-it-again-impeachment-is-off-the-table-nancy-pelosi-258790.jpg

Woooosh right over the noob's noodle. We got us a dumb one here

Sure Cupcake, when you talk POLICY past matters, Cheeto and his son using charity a a piggy bank, not so much :(

Awww the noob thinks she's cute.

Its a nothing, bone head. Nothing will come if it. Save this post and choke on it when nothing happens

Now scram, noob boob

Money was transferred from a Non-Profit organization to a For-Profit business while the donors were informed that 100% of the money would be going to the Non-Profit children's cancer research.

Perhaps that is legal, I am not sure but Ethically Trump Sr. actions are Horrendously Shameful..

Yes, it is legal and he was quite up front about it.
So you are whining about something that is legal, and which all agree resulted in huge donations being routed to the people who the charities were serving. Hm.

Meanwhile, what the clintons did was actually illegal, and people did actually suffer.
Link? mkaythanks cupcake

Dotty, do you often find yourself posting all by yourself on a thread?

Children dying from cancer is, according to SassyIrishLass a "little imagined thing".

Okay, not like we didn't already know that. What we need is to know if there is anything you vile slime won't lie to cover up for the cheeto.

POWs?

Surely, even you RWNJ Pooting lovers have something you care about more than you want to screw over the country.

Anything?

Well, okay. I tried.

Not to mention that he is killing the healthcare for the kids not at St. Judes.. ... so they will just go away in the woods and die off.

Everyday I see a bit more of his creepy character ... wow

POWs?

Anything?

Well, okay. I tried.

Not to mention that he is killing the healthcare for the kids not at St. Judes.. ... so they will just go away in the woods and die off.

Everyday I see a bit more of his creepy character ... wow

I think Trump should just let Obamacare die on it's own or at least until Democrats decide their representatives should actually do their job and solve the fiasco and national debt the Democratic Party has created.

Forum List

Back