Trump gets cold feet: 20% tax on Mexico just "one idea"

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
After getting the attention he wanted, President Donald Trump has gotten nervous and told his spokesman to say that the 20% tax he proposed may not happen:

But a furious uproar prompted Mr. Spicer to temper his earlier remarks, saying the plan was simply “one idea” that might work to finance the wall. Mr. Spicer said it was not the job of the White House to “roll something out” on tax policy, while Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, Reince Priebus, said the administration was considering “a buffet of options.

White House Sows Confusion About Plan for a 20% Import Tax

Oh yeah... dodge and weave bitch! Trump does it to you again! lol

You know, you shouldn't run out there spouting off your nonsense too early because this is what might happen to you. You all jumped on this 20% tax thing and it turns out that was one of numerous ideas. Now you're trying to cover your asses by spinning it into Trump getting cold feet. No.. Trump just punked your ass! BOOM! :rofl:

You know, you shouldn't run out there spouting off your nonsense too early because this is what might happen to you. You all jumped on this 20% tax thing and it turns out that was one of numerous ideas. Now you're trying to cover your asses by spinning it into Trump getting cold feet. No.. Trump just punked your ass! BOOM! :rofl:

Cool, nice to hear that, just out of curiosity are all the other "numerous ideas" as idiotic as this one?

"Whenever someone starts talking about 'fair competition' or indeed, about 'fairness' in general, it is time to keep a sharp eye on your wallet, for it is about to be picked." -- Murray N. Rothbard

• Banned

Wow. What an odd comment.

No, Boss. Typing "Boom" doesn't convert this flip flop to a masterful White House plot to "punk" members of this message board. You're embarrassed because Trump supporters love the tariff idea and it may not happen. Don't mask your emotions.

By the way, if Trump decides to stick with the 20% plan, you will type "Boom" again, arguing that we fell for your initial Boom.

No, Boss. Typing "Boom" doesn't convert this flip flop to a masterful White House plot to "punk" members of this message board. You're embarrassed because Trump supporters love the tariff idea and it may not happen. Don't mask your emotions.

By the way, if Trump decides to stick with the 20% plan, you will type "Boom" again, arguing that we fell for your initial Boom.
The Trumpenfuhrer is doing the right thing to protect our sovereignty and law abiding natural born Citizens. Sacrifice is essential when defending our country from illegal Wetbacks and other third world immigrants.

I really don't like the 20% tax plan to be honest. I am not a big supporter of Trump's tariff ideas. I would rather pay for the wall with the $14 billion in drug money we are seizing from El Chapo. Wouldn't that be awesome? Put a great big sign on the wall... "Paid for by El Chapo!" Or we can slap a tax on remittances back to Mexico. I like either of those ideas better than the 20% tax on Mexican imports.

But really.... I don't give two shits who pays for the damn wall! Use the federal funding that won't be going to the sanctuary cities! Use some of that trillion-dollar stimulus for infrastructure they want to pass! Use the money we're not going to be using to pay for your goddamn abortions anymore!

I'm not the least bit embarrassed by anything other than sharing the same damn country with idiots like you. It's embarrassing to me that we have to claim you retards.

President Trump said all along, even during campaigning, that there were numerous ways to get them to end up paying for it. You're just a stupid arrogant know nothing, yet are highly opinionated. And it's why you lost.

I really don't like the 20% tax plan to be honest. I am not a big supporter of Trump's tariff ideas. I would rather pay for the wall with the $14 billion in drug money we are seizing from El Chapo. Wouldn't that be awesome? Put a great big sign on the wall... "Paid for by El Chapo!" Or we can slap a tax on remittances back to Mexico. I like either of those ideas better than the 20% tax on Mexican imports.

But really.... I don't give two shits who pays for the damn wall! Use the federal funding that won't be going to the sanctuary cities! Use some of that trillion-dollar stimulus for infrastructure they want to pass! Use the money we're not going to be using to pay for your goddamn abortions anymore!

I'm not the least bit embarrassed by anything other than sharing the same damn country with idiots like you. It's embarrassing to me that we have to claim you retards.

Pretty much.

AND it's pretty silly of them to pretend to care about a couple of billion dollars when our fed budget is heading towards FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

If the insistence remains that "Mexico Pay" for this wall of dubious effectiveness, why not just discontinue the payment of the nearly $1 billion a year we send to Mexico in economic and military aid? All in all it's a pretty stupid idea to build a wall whose primary value will be providing a canvas for graffiti artists and giving extremists on both sides of the border something to blow holes in but if it must be built at least cutting foreign aid to Mexico will hurt those in the Mexican Government the most.

Tariffs on Mexican goods is nothing more than a tax increase on an already over-taxed American Citizenry coupled with an old, proven to do more harm than good, economic central planning stunt that has consistently failed to achieve positive results in developed economies, it actually ends up making our economy less efficient since it artificially diverts resources into domestic production that the market has already proven to be inefficient.

If the insistence remains that "Mexico Pay" for this wall of dubious effectiveness, why not just discontinue the payment of the nearly $1 billion a year we send to Mexico in economic and military aid? All in all it's a pretty stupid idea to build a wall whose primary value will be providing a canvas for graffiti artists and giving extremists on both sides of the border something to blow holes in but if it must be built at least cutting foreign aid to Mexico will hurt those in the Mexican Government the most.

Tariffs on Mexican goods is nothing more than a tax increase on an already over-taxed American Citizenry coupled with an old, proven to do more harm than good, economic central planning stunt that has consistently failed to achieve positive results in developed economies, it actually ends up making our economy less efficient since it artificially diverts resources into domestic production that the market has already proven to be inefficient.

If the mexicans in question are really prepared to fight against US government policy with military grade explosives, then we really need to fucking remove them and stop more of that ilk from entering.

If the mexicans in question are really prepared to fight against US government policy with military grade explosives, then we really need to fucking remove them and stop more of that ilk from entering.
Just out of curiosity how would you go about "removing them" and "stop more of that ilk"? Do you think a "wall" will do that?

FYI: you don't really need "military grade explosives" to blow holes in a concrete wall, commercial grade or even homemade stuff will do the trick and I'm sure extremists/vandals/etc.., on both side of the border can get their hands on what they need if they have a mind to.

First of all, you are wrong about the purpose and function of the wall. It will end the flow of illegal immigration on our southern border. For whatever reason, liberals don't want that to happen. God only knows why. You're sitting here in a country drowning in debt, unable to pay for the massive entitlements you've heaped on it's shoulders, and you want to open the doors and let anyone in the fucking world come on in and sign up for their benefits. You're constantly bitching about the minimum wage and poor working families while flooding our workforce with cheap undocumented labor that doesn't contribute to the tax base while using all our services. It goes beyond being moronic. It's outright mentally retarded.

US economic and military aid to Mexico is $419 million. That won't pay for a wall and wouldn't pay for a wall in 20 years. In the meantime, you would have a border nation unable to adequately defend it's sovereignty against foreign attack and people literally starving and dying from disease in the streets. So.... I don't know what you love affair with confiscated drug money or remittances back to Mexico is about, but I think it's a much smarter plan than yours. And here's the deal... you don't have any political power anymore. So, there's that.

Trump is on the ropes getting pummeled.

So the far right want American prices increased because of the 20% import tax on Mexico.

The wall will not stop the flow of illegal immigration. There is no wall at JFK Airport. It will not stop the Irish illegals from flying in. And the Mexicans will find a way through it, over it, under it, and around it.

A far more nuanced southern approach requires more material building, more agents, and technology (eg, drones) to impede immigration.

E-verify is required.

Real punishment of business's illegal hiring practices is required.

And now Trump says the 'dream' generation is safe from deportment, so Trump is now Obama.

Last edited:

President Trump said all along, even during campaigning, that there were numerous ways to get them to end up paying for it. You're just a stupid arrogant know nothing, yet are highly opinionated. And it's why you lost.
You are trying, in vain, to educate sound byte Liberals.

Just out of curiosity how would you go about "removing them" and "stop more of that ilk"? Do you think a "wall" will do that?

FYI: you don't really need "military grade explosives" to blow holes in a concrete wall, commercial grade or even homemade stuff will do the trick and I'm sure extremists/vandals/etc.., on both side of the border can get their hands on what they need if they have a mind to.

Tell ya what buddy... why don't you and a group of your militant libs march on down there and try blowing a hole in the wall and let's see what happens next?

What is this "stop more of that ilk" bullshit? Are you trying to imply there is some sort of "racist" element to this? Because THAT is what lost you the 2016 elections. This is about securing the border and stopping people from entering our country illegally. No one is opposed to legal immigration. By trying to infer this is a racial issue, you are actually practicing REAL racism against Mexican people who came here legally.

How would I do it?

In every way. At once.

The wall will not stop the flow of illegal immigration.

Yes it will. IDIOT.
No, it won't. Why? Because many miles of the terrain prevent the building of the wall. You are sounding like Correll, for heaven's sake. You want to really get immigration down to a trickle? Follow my comments in #13 above.

And watch the video below.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back