Trump goes after Flint Pastor who interrupted him. So much for "What do you have to lose".

Trump: Pastor who interrupted me was 'nervous mess'

When he began criticizing his Democratic rival, pastor Faith Green-Timmons came onstage and interrupted, asking him not to launch political attacks in a church.

“Mr. Trump, I invited you here to thank us ... not to give a political speech,” Green-Timmons said as she walked up to Trump.

"The audience was fantastic. But she was so nervous, she was like a nervous mess, so I figured something was up."

----------------------------------------

So Trump attacks the integrity of the Pastor because she reminded him they were in a church.

What a scumbag. Such deplorable behavior.

I agree that she was rude to interrupt him, after inviting him to speak, but I wouldn't call her a scumbag.

you cannot politicize & 'campaign' in a church. tribblehead should have known that. the establishment clause is why.
Huh? Trump isn't even in government (yet) and that never stops leftists from politicking from the pulpit. obama went to a very political church for 20 years. All leftist clery are highly political, liberalism is a political religion, for them there's no distinction.

or some reason blacks LOVE the Clinton's yet Bill Clinton has done more harm to the black community than probably any President in modern history!

Again, you "accuse" blacks of being stupid and naive......tsk, tsk......LOL

Where in that did I accuse blacks of being stupid? What I DID do was call into question their belief that the Clinton's care about blacks in this country other than as a voting block to get elected because Bill Clinton's actions belie that!
How did you make such an asinine assumption after i told you I doubted Clinton gave a shit about Blacks any more than any other demographic? Most Blacks know the deal. They understand voting for Clinton is a necessary thing to keep the racist Drumpf from the presidency.

Why would voting for someone who doesn't care about you ever be a "necessary thing"? Because THEY tell you that the other guy is a racist? Bill Clinton ran for reelection on a platform of putting people who sold crack cocaine into prison for decades and the vast majority of the people who were selling crack were black! The bill that Clinton signed into law gave much harsher sentences for crack dealers than for people who sold regular cocaine...the drug choice of rich white people....but you don't view him as racist for an obviously racist bill?

When he began criticizing his Democratic rival, pastor Faith Green-Timmons came onstage and interrupted, asking him not to launch political attacks in a church.

“Mr. Trump, I invited you here to thank us ... not to give a political speech,” Green-Timmons said as she walked up to Trump.

"The audience was fantastic. But she was so nervous, she was like a nervous mess, so I figured something was up."

So Trump attacks the integrity of the Pastor because she reminded him they were in a church.

I agree that she was rude to interrupt him, after inviting him to speak, but I wouldn't call her a scumbag.

you cannot politicize & 'campaign' in a church. tribblehead should have known that. the establishment clause is why.
Huh? Trump isn't even in government (yet) and that never stops leftists from politicking from the pulpit. obama went to a very political church for 20 years. All leftist clery are highly political, liberalism is a political religion, for them there's no distinction.

ummmm being the candidate of a major party during an active presidential election cycle for which he is running for is very much on par with the establishment clause attributed to our wise founding father, thomas jefferson good ol' thom.

ummmm being the candidate of a major party during an active presidential election cycle for which he is running for is very much on par with the establishment clause attributed to our wise founding father, thomas jefferson good ol' thom.
So how does government not getting involved with religion support the idea that government can prevent the right to speak in church?

So how does government not getting involved with religion support the idea that government can prevent the right to speak in church?

pushing a political agenda - which the orange clown started to do - in a church is a constitutional no no. that's why he was stopped & put back on track quite respectfully from the pastor. & trump really tried to spin that about her as well.

fail.

pushing a political agenda - which the orange clown started to do - in a church is a constitutional no no. that's why he was stopped & put back on track quite respectfully from the pastor. & trump really tried to spin that about her as well.

fail.
The Johnson Amendment is a law, not a constitutional amendment. Obviously because it is NOT constitutional. Duh.

Trump is indeed a scumbag, as are his deplorable supporters.

fail.

pushing a political agenda - in a church is a constitutional no no.

No it isn't. Not even close.

or some reason blacks LOVE the Clinton's yet Bill Clinton has done more harm to the black community than probably any President in modern history!

Where in that did I accuse blacks of being stupid? What I DID do was call into question their belief that the Clinton's care about blacks in this country other than as a voting block to get elected because Bill Clinton's actions belie that!
How did you make such an asinine assumption after i told you I doubted Clinton gave a shit about Blacks any more than any other demographic? Most Blacks know the deal. They understand voting for Clinton is a necessary thing to keep the racist Drumpf from the presidency.

Why would voting for someone who doesn't care about you ever be a "necessary thing"? Because THEY tell you that the other guy is a racist? Bill Clinton ran for reelection on a platform of putting people who sold crack cocaine into prison for decades and the vast majority of the people who were selling crack were black! The bill that Clinton signed into law gave much harsher sentences for crack dealers than for people who sold regular cocaine...the drug choice of rich white people....but you don't view him as racist for an obviously racist bill?
Two reasons. Drumpf has long ago proven he is a racist and he is an incompetent, obnoxious asshole like most of his supporters..

Two reasons. Drumpf has long ago proven he is a racist and he is an incompetent, obnoxious asshole like most of his supporters..

Because he wouldn't rent apartments to blacks 40 years ago when that was how New York was? How does that even COMPARE to putting tens of thousands of black people into Federal prison for decades on drug charges? Do you even REALLY care about black people because I'm not seeing it here, Milkweed!

fail.
The Johnson Amendment is a law, not a constitutional amendment. Obviously because it is NOT constitutional. Duh.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

that was the start of a very good thing. like i said, good ol' thom.

plus. there is no contradiction to having 'free speech'... like yelling fire in a theatre is also a no no.

duh.

twice.

fail.

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

plus. there is no contradiction to having 'free speech'... like yelling fire in a theatre is also a no no.

duh.

twice.
The mystery here is how that makes your case, answers my question or buttresses your arrogance. It makes no sense. I'm well familiar with Jefferson's letter, which isn't law or a Constitutional amendment.

Try acting like you have a fucking brain instead of a ball of snot and answer the question, where does the Constitution prohibit churches from speaking about political issues?

fail.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

duh.

twice.
The mystery here is how that makes your case, answers my question or buttresses your arrogance. It makes no sense. I'm well familiar with Jefferson's letter, which isn't law or a Constitutional amendment.

Try acting like you have a fucking brain instead of a ball of snot and answer the question, where does the Constitution prohibit churches from speaking about political issues?

the prohibition is based on tax law & exemption status. the question weasel dude, is why congress passed that amendment? what was its reasoning based on?

not to mention, drumpf contacted the church on the pretense concerning the water crisis.

fail.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

duh.

twice.

the prohibition is based on tax law & exemption status. the question weasel dude, is why congress passed that amendment? what was its reasoning based on?

not to mention, drumpf contacted the church on the pretense concerning the water crisis.
So you can't answer my question. The fact is you can't find it in the Constitution. That's why the Johnson law was added, as I said earlier. Jefferson's letter doesn't help you.

Laws are repealed all the time, it's time this one was. And Trump isn't the one that politicized the water problem in Michigan. Leftist pretend that he personally caused it while accepting no blame further down the line.

fail.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

duh.

twice.

So you can't answer my question. The fact is you can't find it in the Constitution. That's why the Johnson law was added, as I said earlier. Jefferson's letter doesn't help you.

Laws are repealed all the time, it's time this one was. And Trump isn't the one that politicized the water problem in Michigan. Leftist pretend that he personally caused it while accepting no blame further down the line.

lol... so you can't admit the law is based on the separation of church & state which is constitutionally based to begin with.

"Leftist pretend that he personally caused it while accepting no blame further down the line"

source?

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

duh.

twice.

lol... so you can't admit the law is based on the separation of church & state which is constitutionally based to begin with.

"Leftist pretend that he personally caused it while accepting no blame further down the line"

source?
I asked you a simple question, to show me where in the Constitution it prohibits churches from discussing political matters. Your bobble head bullshit won't work on me.

source?
You are unaware that the Dems running the city took zero responsibility and Democrats have tried to pin it all on the governor? If so then you are too ignorant for that discussion, I'll wait for you to back up your claim that the Constitution prohibits churches from speaking about political matters.

fail.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

duh.

twice.

the prohibition is based on tax law & exemption status.

It's not a Constitutional no-no? LOL!

fail.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

duh.

twice.

the prohibition is based on tax law & exemption status.

It's not a Constitutional no-no? LOL!
Where is she/he? Thought I'd get all educated by now.

Because he wouldn't rent apartments to blacks 40 years ago when that was how New York was? How does that even COMPARE to putting tens of thousands of black people into Federal prison for decades on drug charges? Do you even REALLY care about black people because I'm not seeing it here, Milkweed!
Yes because he wouldnt rent to Blacks. I've never compared the two since they are not the same thing so you may have to find your own answer to that question. Yes I care about my people. I cant help nor am I really concerned with what you see or do not see.

Forum List

Back