Trump: Have the Coronavirus, Go to Work and recover!

This is the extent to which the empty headed worship The State....What's the prez supposed to do, run out and be a one-man pathogen exterminator?

Maybe he could consider his words a little more than he does? Maybe he could recognize that some idiots actually look to him for leadership and take him seriously.

If you are infected with the coronavirus should you go to work?

Again, he wasn't telling people to do that. he was saying people with a mild case of it may think it's a cold and go about their daily lives.
Yes, that's the problem. It is over twice as contagious as the garden variety flu and because we had trouble getting working test kits in the US, there are probably a lot of folks walking around--and yes, working--who have no idea. Then the bug spreads to someone who is susceptible and gets very very sick.
That's what the problem is. China finally brought this thing under control with draconian quarantine measures. It seems to be the only thing that will work.

I believe Trump's point was that many go to work UNAWARE that they have the virus. He should be encouraging people who show the symptoms to get tested immediately and to stay out of public areas as much as humanly possible until they know for sure they are negative.

The infection rate isn't entirely known yet, your assumption is based on insufficient data.

China could also have things under control due to asymptomatic people having it, and now being immune.

Do we really want every person who has a sniffle going to their doctor to get tested? Allergy season is also upon us, and would lead to a massive strike to our medical system if everyone panicked and decided to go to their doctor RIGHT NOW.

what is known that apparently you don't know is you can get it and get over it and get it again, so there goes your immunity theory. You find the link.

Wow, that's some claim there.

I looked for links, they mostly ask the question, they don't answer it.

Are you talking about opportunistic secondary infections?

Are you saying the CORV-19 is mutating quickly into another strain, and thus isn't really "re-infecting" those who already have it?

If you have been following the saga. The coronavirus does not make antibodies so no one is ever immune. It is not mutating. This is one aspect that leads to a belief that is created and not naturally occurring.

Symptoms of this infection include fever, cough and difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. The illness causes lung lesions and pneumonia. But milder cases may resemble the flu or a bad cold, making detection difficult.

Read the last sentence. This is from the CDC. That’s all he was saying. The # of actual cases may be under reported as people may just think they have a bad cold.
I’ll put you in the category of: if you have the coronavirus go to work.
Not what he nor I said. Why are you doing this? To be a troll? He said many don’t even know they have it and continue with their daily lives.
There are threads all over this board, for instance, started by Trumpists that the coronavirus is some kind of joke. Trump said that if you have it you can go to work to recover. I mean what kind of idiot says that. Trump was clear what he said and what he meant.
I just told you that’s not what he said and not what I am saying. Let me dumb it down.

If you know you have the virus seek help and follow CDC protocol. Many think it’s just a bad cold and still go to work. Have you never gone to work with a bad cold? You’re conflating the two in order to troll. Why are you purposely spreading false rumors and lies? Not only about Trump but now me? Hold yourself accountable
Please...let those listen to Trump’s words and make up their minds. Most agree with my interpretation and not yours. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. Trump’s words were clear.

She crap that flies out of Donnie's fast moving lie-hole is always clear. Lipstick on a pig? Trump IS a pig.

nymag.png

This is the extent to which the empty headed worship The State....What's the prez supposed to do, run out and be a one-man pathogen exterminator?
The prez should not be downplaying a spreading pandemic. Is that so hard.
He put a travel ban in place before it was even called a pandemic. He is not downplaying it, he simply said the stats could be misleading.
First he insinuated it was hoax and now he is saying go to work if you have it. If that ain’t downplaying it than what is?
Link that he said it was a “hoax”. Why did he put the travel ban in place if he was “downplaying” it?

We've been through this about 1000 times. Please catch up.

Symptoms of this infection include fever, cough and difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. The illness causes lung lesions and pneumonia. But milder cases may resemble the flu or a bad cold, making detection difficult.

Read the last sentence. This is from the CDC. That’s all he was saying. The # of actual cases may be under reported as people may just think they have a bad cold.

People with a bad cold will still impact a business. Better that one stay home, than that one infect others. Trump is stupid, that much cannot be denied.

Again, he wasn't telling people to do that. he was saying people with a mild case of it may think it's a cold and go about their daily lives.
Yes, that's the problem. It is over twice as contagious as the garden variety flu and because we had trouble getting working test kits in the US, there are probably a lot of folks walking around--and yes, working--who have no idea. Then the bug spreads to someone who is susceptible and gets very very sick.
That's what the problem is. China finally brought this thing under control with draconian quarantine measures. It seems to be the only thing that will work.

I believe Trump's point was that many go to work UNAWARE that they have the virus. He should be encouraging people who show the symptoms to get tested immediately and to stay out of public areas as much as humanly possible until they know for sure they are negative.

The infection rate isn't entirely known yet, your assumption is based on insufficient data.

China could also have things under control due to asymptomatic people having it, and now being immune.

Do we really want every person who has a sniffle going to their doctor to get tested? Allergy season is also upon us, and would lead to a massive strike to our medical system if everyone panicked and decided to go to their doctor RIGHT NOW.

what is known that apparently you don't know is you can get it and get over it and get it again, so there goes your immunity theory. You find the link.

Wow, that's some claim there.

I looked for links, they mostly ask the question, they don't answer it.

Are you talking about opportunistic secondary infections?

Are you saying the CORV-19 is mutating quickly into another strain, and thus isn't really "re-infecting" those who already have it?

If you have been following the saga. The coronavirus does not make antibodies so no one is ever immune. It is not mutating. This is one aspect that leads to a belief that is created and not naturally occurring.
Wrong as usual. The coronavirus is mutating.

Coronavirus is mutating. Chinese scientists find second strain

Doesn't this man realize that going to work will spread the virus and more people will die?

I have read so many times on this board from the far right radical extremists that liberals and democrats want people to die simply because we are warning people about this and reporting it's progress in the news. Seems to me it's trump and his followers who want Americans to die.

Now we see trump telling more lies about this virus and including a lie that will get more Americans killed.

This man is so far beyond irresponsible it's crazy.

No one should listen to this liar. It's highly contagious. No one should go to work or be in the public if they have this virus.

Should every person with a cold or the flu stay home from work?

that could about 50 million people a month

being a lib I’m sure you expect them to get full pay for the time they miss

Given this response and your obvious agreement with Trump, I'll put you down in the category of: if you are infected with the coronavirus go to work and get well. Typical Trumpist.

Given this response and your obvious agreement with Trump, I'll put you down in the category of: if you are infected with the coronavirus go to work and get well. Typical Trumpist.
Or, if you think you could be a coronavirus carrier just because you have the sniffles?

full pay or no pay?

Derp - And that's why they shouldn't go to work until they are TESTED. Even if low level symptoms, they can still infect everyone in their workplace. JEEZUS

So everyone who has a cold should get tested? You think that people will actually do that? He was saying they likely would not. Never said they should not. I listened to the entire interview. He was not downplaying this whatsoever.

What does the word pandemic mean to you? What it really means is far different than what's going on in your pointy head. Of course Trump should not be stoking fears and contributing to hysteria.
I’ll put you down in the category of, if you have the coronavirus go to work.
If you are not sick go to work. Do not kill your dog and cat. Do not put your children in the hospital. Accept that you are not sick and go to work.
If you are infected with the coronavirus should you go to work?

NO - They should be TESTED prior to returning to the workplace and/or interacting with the public.

He put a travel ban in place before it was even called a pandemic. He is not downplaying it, he simply said the stats could be misleading.
First he insinuated it was hoax and now he is saying go to work if you have it. If that ain’t downplaying it than what is?
Link that he said it was a “hoax”. Why did he put the travel ban in place if he was “downplaying” it?

We've been through this about 1000 times. Please catch up.

We have? You and I? No, we have not.

People with a bad cold will still impact a business. Better that one stay home, than that one infect others. Trump is stupid, that much cannot be denied.

He never said they SHOULD go to work, he said they do. Vilify him all you want but you're just making stuff up now and you should not be calling anyone stupid.

Another lie from John. How can you vilify Trump when you're lying nonstop in this very thread?

Another lie from John. How can you vilify Trump when you're lying nonstop in this very thread?
English is obviously not your first language. If it were you would know my point.

Doesn't this man realize that going to work will spread the virus and more people will die?

I have read so many times on this board from the far right radical extremists that liberals and democrats want people to die simply because we are warning people about this and reporting it's progress in the news. Seems to me it's trump and his followers who want Americans to die.

Now we see trump telling more lies about this virus and including a lie that will get more Americans killed.

This man is so far beyond irresponsible it's crazy.

No one should listen to this liar. It's highly contagious. No one should go to work or be in the public if they have this virus.

That is not what he said.

So in your world anyone and everyone with a cold should stay home and get tested? That is not reality.

Forum List

Back