TRUMP: I can CUT DEALS with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer

What conservative has he slandered?

Cruz, Carson etc.. stick to the friken issues and who the hell likes Pelosi, Schumer, and Reid?
Nobody, but they have to be dealt with. Trump isn't Obama, who would bypass Congress and rule by EOs.

No he'll make deals with his good buddies Pelosi and Schumer:eusa_doh:
So will any other Republican.
Capitulation is not a good sign among Trump supporters They are starting to look like Obama cult followers actually. I'll support Trump over Hillary but we aren't there yet
How is negotiating with Congress (which is what the founders intended) capitulation? Trump doesn't have to cave to Democrats and I don't see where you conclude that negotiating equals capitulating.

Seems to me that one indicator of the difference between regular Republicans and the right wing Tea Party/Freedom Caucus conservatives is that the latter looks at cooperation as equal to capitulation.

I heard Mark Levin playing the Trump clip about making deals and he was pissed.

When did working together become a bad thing?

About the same time Lee Atwater and Tom DeLay arrived on the scene; circa 1986. The only difference was that in 1994, the democrats started hitting back.

Cruz, Carson etc.. stick to the friken issues and who the hell likes Pelosi, Schumer, and Reid?
Nobody, but they have to be dealt with. Trump isn't Obama, who would bypass Congress and rule by EOs.

No he'll make deals with his good buddies Pelosi and Schumer:eusa_doh:
So will any other Republican.
Capitulation is not a good sign among Trump supporters They are starting to look like Obama cult followers actually. I'll support Trump over Hillary but we aren't there yet
How is negotiating with Congress (which is what the founders intended) capitulation? Trump doesn't have to cave to Democrats and I don't see where you conclude that negotiating equals capitulating.
He already capitulated and sold out to the ethanol lobby

TRUMP: I can CUT DEALS with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer

Well of course he can! He's been a Democrat until a few months ago.

He'll cut a "deal" to not ban partial birth abortions.

He'll cut a "deal" to repeal ObamaCare in exchange for single payer healthcare.

He'll cut a "deal" to award Hillary Clinton the Medal of Freedom.

He'll cut a "deal" to tax the rich more.

And so forth.

Where does it come out that real estate developers/reality TV hosts are better negotiators than politicians?

After all it is their game and their rules

Currently Republican politicians do not cut deals with the Democrats, they just surrender their principals.
So cutting a deal to get what he wants would be quite a change.

How hard is it to negotiate a deal both sides want?

PELOSI: I want single payer health care.

TRUMP: Me, too!

Later at the press conference, President Trump says, "I'm a terrific negotiator. I got everything I wanted."

PELOSI: I want to tax the rich more.

TRUMP: Me, too!

Later at the press conference, President Trump, "I negotiated so wonderfully it will make your head spin."

Currently Republican politicians do not cut deals with the Democrats, they just surrender their principals.

Oh they cut deals they throw the Republicans a little bone for every major deal they cut...Embarrassing

Apparently Trump favors Pelosi and Shumer over Cruz:uhh:

Trump was asked this morning who on the Democrat side of the aisle he can work with to cut deals

Yeah didn't the conservative base get rid of Boehner and now despise Ryan because they 'worked' with the Democrats? Trump is bragging about something cons have made clear they despise.

Weird.

Oh they cut deals they throw the Republicans a little bone for every major deal they cut...Embarrassing

What have the Republicans got to show for the last seven years? Nothing
Their all or nothing negotiating strategy has left them with nothing

They got nothing, because they're weak, big government, establishment, crony capitalist... Most of them

What does ANY American have to show (except welfare recipients)?

Forum List

Back