Trump: I Will Eliminate U.S. Debt In 8 Years

Meanwhile: Spending for first 2.5 years of Trump admin? 13% HIGHER than same period under Obama
And it's happening during a non-recessionary period. Wow! Crazy stuff! But that's okay with the Trumpsters, it's not his fault..
/—-/ How many times do you nitwits have to be told the President can’t spend one dime? Only Congress can, and both sides are guilty.
Right on cue. It's not his fault.

Then why do you talk radio geniuses constantly bitch about Obama's "spending"?
/----/ "Then why do you talk radio geniuses constantly bitch about Obama's "spending"?"
I can't control what others say, and yes I've heard talk show hosts blame the president for the deficit and debt. But they are wrong, maybe they either don't know or are pandering. And I stuck up for Obozo when Repubs blamed him for the overspending, as I stuck up for Reagan, Clinton, and Bush.
So again, I ask, where is the democRATs balanced budget?.

Meanwhile: Spending for first 2.5 years of Trump admin? 13% HIGHER than same period under Obama
And it's happening during a non-recessionary period. Wow! Crazy stuff! But that's okay with the Trumpsters, it's not his fault..
/—-/ How many times do you nitwits have to be told the President can’t spend one dime? Only Congress can, and both sides are guilty.

/----/ "Then why do you talk radio geniuses constantly bitch about Obama's "spending"?"
I can't control what others say, and yes I've heard talk show hosts blame the president for the deficit and debt. But they are wrong, maybe they either don't know or are pandering. And I stuck up for Obozo when Repubs blamed him for the overspending, as I stuck up for Reagan, Clinton, and Bush.
You're going to stick up for your tribe, like an obedient bunny.

And Trump is in office, not a Democrat. Deflection doesn't work on me.

And it's happening during a non-recessionary period. Wow! Crazy stuff!

But that's okay with the Trumpsters, it's not his fault.
The President proposes an initial budget that is presented to Congress
He then gets to sign the eventual budget

A President committed to balancing the budget can insist on one
/----/ For decades, I've stated the fact, Only Congress can cntrol spending.
Ronald Reagan was no libertarian (federal spending actually ...
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2670690/posts
Feb 8, 2011Every budget Reagan sent up to the House (and yes, all spending bills must originate in the House) was literally declared Dead on Arrival by Tip O'Neil and his party, which controlled it until January 1995. This is why we did not have any balanced budgets until the late 90's, before the '94 Republican class went native.

/----/ "A President committed to balancing the budget can insist on one"
Stop playing stupid and naive. You know damn well that when Trump refused to sign the budget, the Government went into a shutdown and you libtards and the LSM blasted him for hurting all the poor gubmint workers who lived paycheck to paycheck.
Trump didn’t shut down the government because of a balanced budget. He shut it down in a tantrum over the wall

/---/ Stop laying stupid. It's tiresome.
Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History ...
Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives
Constitutional Framing. The Convention reconsidered the matter over the course of two months, but the provision was finally adopted, nine to two, in September 1787. The constitutional provision making Congress the ultimate authority on government spending passed with far less debate. The framers were unanimous that Congress,...

Constitutional Framing. The Convention reconsidered the matter over the course of two months, but the provision was finally adopted, nine to two, in September 1787. The constitutional provision making Congress the ultimate authority on government spending passed with far less debate. The framers were unanimous that Congress,...
/---/ MAC can't refute the Constitution, so he marks it FUNNY. Sad.

Stop playing stupid and naive. You know damn well that when Trump refused to sign the budget, the Government went into a shutdown and you libtards and the LSM blasted him for hurting all the poor gubmint workers who lived paycheck to paycheck.
Trump didn’t shut down the government because of a balanced budget. He shut it down in a tantrum over the wall
/----/ It doesn't matter. When a Republican president shuts down the Gubmint for any reason, they are attacked by the very people who control spending. Are you saying if he shut it down because of overspending, democRATs would have balanced the budget? Seriously?

Exactly. It's weird how the tards revise recent history as if everyone's memories are as short as theirs.

That's another hoax Trump pulled on the rubes. "Mexico is going to pay for the wall" and then he shuts down the government to force American taxpayers to pay for it.

/----/ It doesn't matter. When a Republican president shuts down the Gubmint for any reason, they are attacked by the very people who control spending. Are you saying if he shut it down because of overspending, democRATs would have balanced the budget? Seriously?
He didn't shut it down because of overspending. In fact, he wanted MORE spending.

Well, after seeing the Repubs work so well with Obama we can all understand why he would think that!

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
/——/ Obozo said flat out he didn’t want help from the Republicans.

Thats a rediculous lie.

Obama tried extensively for a Grand Bargain with Bohner, but Republican leadership couldn't herd their rank and file to ANY compromise.

obamaboehner_021016getty.jpg

Showdown scars: How the $4 trillion ‘grand bargain’ collapsed
/——/ Obama to GOP: 'They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.' “Now that progress has been made we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.” -Obozo in 2010

You just don't know when to quit a loser position, do you?

NOTHING you just posted suggests Obama wasn't working with Republicans or didn't want their help.
Apparently you are unable to read and comprehend.

Can you?

Obama tried extensively for a Grand Bargain with Bohner, but Republican leadership couldn't herd their rank and file to ANY compromise.

This ignores the role of the Senate and the President. Not a single dime gets spent without presidential approval.

If this was not the case we would not be looking at a shutdown on Friday

Thats a rediculous lie.

/——/ Obama to GOP: 'They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.' “Now that progress has been made we can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.” -Obozo in 2010

NOTHING you just posted suggests Obama wasn't working with Republicans or didn't want their help.

Can you?

So, you ignore all of O’s nasty rhetoric aimed at Rs and think your one post means he ALWAYS wanted to work with Rs. LMFAO. REALLY?

Thats a rediculous lie.

Can you?

So, you ignore all of O’s nasty rhetoric aimed at Rs and think your one post means he ALWAYS wanted to work with Rs. LMFAO. REALLY?

Dummy, which president DID NOT have nasty rhetoric against opposition and vice versa? Trump maybe? :rolleyes:

Republicans right off-the-bat made it THEIR PRIORITY #1 to ensure Obama was a one term president and to oppose anything Obama may be for.

The GOP's no-compromise pledge

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

But fact remains - Obama did seek a Grand Bargain with Republicans and had they gone along we would probably be in far better fiscal shape.

Can you?

Dummy, which president DID NOT have nasty rhetoric against opposition and vice versa? Trump maybe? :rolleyes:

Republicans right off-the-bat made it THEIR PRIORITY #1 to ensure Obama was a one term president and to oppose anything Obama may be for.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
So you agree with me, but just want to fight. WTF!

/—-/ Yeah, he thought the democRATs would work with him. Where is the democRATs balanced budget?

Well, after seeing the Repubs work so well with Obama we can all understand why he would think that!

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Thats a rediculous lie.

Both are true. Obama told Republicans to pound sand when they had large majorities and then complained about Republicans blocking him (which they did) when he did not.

Please don't tell me you are so massively brain damaged that you actually believe Trump will be able to pay off $23 trillion of debt in the next five years, $3 trillion which he has personally ADDED.

You can't possibly be that stupid.
How about he tries....that is always a winner with you scum when it doesn't come to fruition!!!....and by my calculations he has over 5 years to do it!
If the government did not spend another dime for the next five years, at 5 trillion a year income, it could be doable.

The US government currently takes in just shy of 4 trillion a year. In five years, if every dime was applied to the debt, that would be 3 trillion short.

Think that is anywhere near reasonable? At all?

Bottom line. Trump cannot eliminate the Debt while in office.

If he wasn't such a fucking Democrat when it comes to spending, he could conceivably submit a proposal to pay it off in 25 years, but how do you control that?

Ignoring the fact that the Democrats would not permit it, who would enforce it the moment he leaves office? The people?

LMAO
As in all things in life, shit changes. You have seen what he has done with the economy, and trying to pull our military out of wars, but probably the most onerous to his plans is the DemonRATS that are fighting him every step of the way, and their concentration now for almost 3 years to remove him from office....give him a freehand and he would be doing something about it instead of expanding what congress spends...as it is congress that spends and not the president.
Regardless, it is a matter of straight forward math.

If we were not to spend a single red cent on anything but the Debt from now until he leaves office, we would still have 3 trillion dollars of debt with the given that he gets reelected.
Ok. How is this out of all his presidential promises. He missed on this one....any worse than the Surrender Monkey telling us we will save $2500 a year on healthcare under his plan?

It's OK for Trump to lie because Obama did? How about the next president, and the next and the next? It doesn't matter what you promise, if you try and actually do that promise, all that matters is the letter after your name?

/—-/ Yeah, he thought the democRATs would work with him. Where is the democRATs balanced budget?

Thats a rediculous lie.

Both are true. Obama told Republicans to pound sand when they had large majorities and then complained about Republicans blocking him (which they did) when he did not.

Both are not true - whatever comments each made, Obama did seek to work out a deal with Republicans for the sake of dealing with America's problems, specifically long term deficits.

Same can't be said about Trump, who pretty much doesn't give a shit about deficits.

Thats a rediculous lie.

Both are not true - whatever comments each made, Obama did seek to work out a deal for the sake of dealing with long term deficits. Same can't be said about Trump, who pretty much doesn't give a shit about anything past his time in office.

Obama tried when he had no choice. When he had majorities he told the Republicans that they could come along or not. When you excuse bad behavior it only gets worse.

Can you?

So you agree with me, but just want to fight. WTF!

It was you who disagreed that Obama needed and tried to work with Republicans. You were wrong.

Thats a rediculous lie.

Both are not true - whatever comments each made, Obama did seek to work out a deal for the sake of dealing with long term deficits. Same can't be said about Trump, who pretty much doesn't give a shit about anything past his time in office.

Obama tried when he had no choice. When he had majorities he told the Republicans that they could come along or not. When you excuse bad behavior it only gets worse.

What the f is the difference?

Doesn't change the fact that he did need Republicans and he did try to work out a deal. Original comment we are discussing was bullshit.

Forum List

Back