Trump is hurting the Republican Brand

Poll: Majority Says Trump is Hurting GOP Brand

58 percent of adults say that Trump has marred the GOP's reputation, compared to just 24 percent who say he is helping its image.

Republicans are divided on the question, with 43 percent saying Trump is helping the GOP's image and 40 percent saying that he has hurt it.

Of all Americans, about half - 52 percent - say his language is offensive, while 43 percent say he's "telling it like it is."

But among all adults, Trump has a 27 percent positive favorability rating/ 55 percent negative rating.
Trump is showing their true lack of colors, that's for sure.
hist_us_20_ww2_nazi_ger_recichstag_salute.jpg

The Republican brand is sorely in need of rebranding due to the leadership of its professional pols in Washington and elsewhere.

Unfortunately...what they chose as a rebrand is objectionable to most of the population

You can't fix stupid

Unfortunately, the Republican brand was wrecked long before Trump came on the scene. In fact, the only reason Trump has gone as far as he has is precisely because the Republican and conservative brands are destroyed.

If the brands were strong, Trump would have been laughed out of the room. In fact, he would never have even made a bid. He doesn't have the necessary intellectual capacity of an old school conservative Republican. Not even close.

No, it's because we let the party be taken over retards that a Louder Retard with a big wallet has gotten as far as he has.

Trump is the physical manifestation which demonstrates how far the party has fallen spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally.
Goldwater would be ashamed.

If Goldwater were alive, he would drop dead of apoplexy.

If Goldwater was alive today he would be an Independent not a republican.

After 8 years of Obama, it would usually be considered to be the Republicans "turn" at the White House

With Democrats running tired and true Hillary, it should have been easy for Republicans to take the Presidency

Unfortunately, Republicans have loaded up their Clown Car with some of the most objectionable characters ever to run for President. Looks like the damage is irreversable....trying to convince Americans that they are not, in fact, batshit crazy will be difficult

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.

You have to look at the long term impact that Trump will have on the GOP brand

How many future Republicans are turned away by Trumps hate rhetoric?
Has he permanantly lost the Hispanic vote for Republicans?
How about the womans vote?

The fact that a major political party would even consider a candidate like Trump does long term damage. Makes people ask....Is THAT the rhetoric I want to be associated with?

You've been gloating on the next Republican President not being born yet well before Trump was on the scene.

Your policy of importing the Third World is paying off great dividends for you.

There's a smudge on your jackboot.

My point stands.

The majority of our immigration over the last 50 years has been Third World, and it has hurt the country and helped the Dems.

They are not winning a Debate of Ideas, they are importing people with Third World Cultures and Politics who find their politics a natural fit.

My point stands.

The majority of our immigration over the last 50 years has been Third World, and it has hurt the country and helped the Dems.

They are not winning a Debate of Ideas, they are importing people with Third World Cultures and Politics who find their politics a natural fit.

Don't immigrants always come from the poorest countries?

Irish, Italian, Chinese......

My point stands.

So, Hispanics have different values from those who elected republican presidents in 5 out of 6 elections from 68 - 88? Is that your drift?

My point stands.

Don't know.

Doesn't change my point.

My point stands.

So, Hispanics have different values from those who elected republican presidents in 5 out of 6 elections from 68 - 88? Is that your drift?

The words I used was "culture and politics". Would you care to address what I said, than trying to spin it?

The majority of immigration has ALWAYS been Third World, dipshit. And it made us the greatest country on the planet for all time. It is precisely what makes us so exceptional. We are a nation of mutts, and we kick ass.

We can take a punch. We don't back down, and we don't walk in fear. Now go and clean the shit out of your pants.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me".

The majority of immigration has ALWAYS been Third World, dipshit. And it made us the greatest country on the planet for all time. It is precisely what makes us so exceptional. We are a nation of mutts, and we kick ass.

Times change.

This isn't the Industrial Revolution. We don't need boatloads of mill workers or farmers to fill empty frontiers.

Ah, but the poll also indicated most gopers don't think the Donald is hurting the brand. I'll probably vote Rubio, though I distrust his lack of experience, and I actually thing Hillary might be the best prepared for the job. Unfortunately, she would probably mean single payor, at least eventually.

You have to look at the long term impact that Trump will have on the GOP brand

How many future Republicans are turned away by Trumps hate rhetoric?
Has he permanantly lost the Hispanic vote for Republicans?
How about the womans vote?

The fact that a major political party would even consider a candidate like Trump does long term damage. Makes people ask....Is THAT the rhetoric I want to be associated with?
It's not exactly a new phenomenon. If the tea party hadn't forced Mitt so far right, he'd be potus running for reelection.

Conservatives are bailing out on republicans because they're RINOs not because they're to far right.

My point stands.

Don't know.

Doesn't change my point.

Sounds like Republican "Know Nothings" from 150 years ago

Same views on immigrants and religion
Only they hated the Irish and the Catholics

Last edited:

We can take a punch. We don't back down, and we don't walk in fear. Now go and clean the shit out of your pants.

The thing with immigrants is that their children always tended to adapt and do well.
They understood the value of hard work and what this country has to offer

My point stands.

The words I used was "culture and politics". Would you care to address what I said, than trying to spin it?
Well culture and politics seem like values to me, but ok ... is your drift that Hispanics moving here do not share the same culture and politics of the rest of us. And if so, identify what the difference is, please.

My point stands.

Well culture and politics seem like values to me, but ok ... is your drift that Hispanics moving here do not share the same culture and politics of the rest of us. And if so, identify what the difference is, please.
Devotion to family. Deeply embedded in Catholicism. Hard work.

You know...all that toxic cultural shit.

Forum List

Back