Trump is no Hitler

eddiew37

Gold Member
Nov 25, 2016
I've always known this too bad Republicans are blind
By Frank Rich, New York Magazine

27 December 16

Charles Lindbergh was a national hero, then a fascist sympathizer. History will be just as brutal to more than a few current Republican leaders.
rsn-I.jpg
n 2016, springtime for Hitler has been held over by popular demand to summer and fall. “It’s difficult to say when the Hitler analogies got out of control,” observed the writer Michael Lind in Politico way back in March, after the somewhat unexpected trilogy of Bill Maher, Louis C.K., and Glenn Beck found common ground in likening Donald Trump to the Führer. But the avalanche of analogies never let up. By June, the onetime Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman was comparing Trump to both Hitler and Mussolini when addressing fellow GOP fat cats at Mitt Romney’s annual closed-door conclave in Park City. When a New York Times review of a new Hitler biography in September highlighted some striking Trump parallels, the book in question, a thousand pages long and translated from the German, soared up the Amazon list as perplexed Americans ransacked any source for clues to the provenance of the toxic lunatic who threatened their country.

Trump, I’ll argue not for the first time, is no Hitler. As Fran Lebowitz has said, there are 6 million reasons why not. And some other reasons as well: He has neither the attention span, organizational discipline, nor ideological zeal it takes to be a genocidal dictator. He doesn’t even have the skill set to avoid serial bankruptcies. Yet if Trump is no Hitler, he’s proved himself a stalking horse for a movement with Hitlerian ambitions, psychoses, and allies, the foremost of whom is a strongman with credible Hitler potential, Vladimir Putin. Trump has made himself the supreme leader of an enraged swath of Americans, perhaps some 40 percent of the electorate, as eager to blow up our republic as the Nazis were Weimar. A subset of that Trumpentariat adheres to neo-Nazi values (and in some cases neo-Nazi organizations) defined by a hatred of immigrants, Muslims, Jews, and most other racial and ethnic minorities. That group may not add up to the 50 percent excoriated as “deplorables” by Hillary Clinton, but it’s still sizable. After a parade of women accused Trump of sexual assault in the aftermath of “Grab them by the pussy,” a Politico/Morning Consult poll foundthat 74 percent of Republicans believed their party should continue to support him.

27 December 16

Charles Lindbergh was a national hero, then a fascist sympathizer. History will be just as brutal to more than a few current Republican leaders.
rsn-I.jpg
n 2016, springtime for Hitler has been held over by popular demand to summer and fall. “It’s difficult to say when the Hitler analogies got out of control,” observed the writer Michael Lind in Politico way back in March, after the somewhat unexpected trilogy of Bill Maher, Louis C.K., and Glenn Beck found common ground in likening Donald Trump to the Führer. But the avalanche of analogies never let up. By June, the onetime Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman was comparing Trump to both Hitler and Mussolini when addressing fellow GOP fat cats at Mitt Romney’s annual closed-door conclave in Park City. When a New York Times review of a new Hitler biography in September highlighted some striking Trump parallels, the book in question, a thousand pages long and translated from the German, soared up the Amazon list as perplexed Americans ransacked any source for clues to the provenance of the toxic lunatic who threatened their country.

Trump, I’ll argue not for the first time, is no Hitler. As Fran Lebowitz has said, there are 6 million reasons why not. And some other reasons as well: He has neither the attention span, organizational discipline, nor ideological zeal it takes to be a genocidal dictator. He doesn’t even have the skill set to avoid serial bankruptcies. Yet if Trump is no Hitler, he’s proved himself a stalking horse for a movement with Hitlerian ambitions, psychoses, and allies, the foremost of whom is a strongman with credible Hitler potential, Vladimir Putin. Trump has made himself the supreme leader of an enraged swath of Americans, perhaps some 40 percent of the electorate, as eager to blow up our republic as the Nazis were Weimar. A subset of that Trumpentariat adheres to neo-Nazi values (and in some cases neo-Nazi organizations) defined by a hatred of immigrants, Muslims, Jews, and most other racial and ethnic minorities. That group may not add up to the 50 percent excoriated as “deplorables” by Hillary Clinton, but it’s still sizable. After a parade of women accused Trump of sexual assault in the aftermath of “Grab them by the pussy,” a Politico/Morning Consult poll foundthat 74 percent of Republicans believed their party should continue to support him.
POLITICO is

image.jpeg

27 December 16

rsn-I.jpg

No, Trump is no Hitler (yet) - because Hitler never had access to nuclear weapons.

In other news, MSBC Heehaw says that Hillary is still on target to win the election cuz there are not enough angry racist white men to elect Trump.

Brian Williams told me so.

In other news, MSBC Heehaw says that Hillary is still on target to win the election cuz there are not enough angry racist white men to elect Trump.

They were wrong There were enough kkkers alt lefts Nazis,racists and Putin lovers to give trump the win

They were wrong There were enough kkkers alt lefts Nazis,racists and Putin lovers to give trump the win
So many of them here ,,,haftawaite which one are you??

you know me better than that.

None of the above

None of the above
giphy.gif

None of the above
I should know you better .been many years I just don't trust the judgement of any Republican and sometimes I'm wrong Just look around you here, the nasty things said about the Obamas I just tend to fight fire with fire and hopefully you'll speak up against trump when the ocassion ocurrs

None of the above
I should know you better .been many years I just don't trust the judgement of any Republican and sometimes I'm wrong Just look around you here, the nasty things said about the Obamas I just tend to fight fire with fire and hopefully you'll speak up against trump when the ocassion ocurrs
No one slings shit more than you so you're full of shit.

What a freaking cheap shot by the desperate liberal pulp rag that is barely making a profit. I recall that the same idiotic editorialist Frank Rich, claimed that Fox News was finished back in 2014.

None of the above
No one slings shit more than you so you're full of shit.
Obama was a good President and a good man You changed those attributes into a pos in trump Nice going ice Alt right?? Nazi??? Fess up

27 December 16

rsn-I.jpg

That's true, Rump is no Hitler. Hitler hated Jews while Rump prefers short guys who wear yarmulkes every day to count his money rather than black guys.

Besides, Hitler didn't stay up at 3:20 in the morning sending troll tweets about a Venezuelan Miss Universe from ten years back.

Hitler was a "Herr" while Rump can only imagine he has "hair"...

There's three differences right there.

What a freaking cheap shot by the desperate liberal pulp rag that is barely making a profit. I recall that the same idiotic editorialist Frank Rich, claimed that Fox News was finished back in 2014.

Diga me Tonto --- what the fuck does "profit" have to do with editorials? Hm?

Forum List

Back