Trump is no Hitler

I've always known this too bad Republicans are blind
By Frank Rich, New York Magazine

27 December 16

Charles Lindbergh was a national hero, then a fascist sympathizer. History will be just as brutal to more than a few current Republican leaders.
rsn-I.jpg
n 2016, springtime for Hitler has been held over by popular demand to summer and fall. “It’s difficult to say when the Hitler analogies got out of control,” observed the writer Michael Lind in Politico way back in March, after the somewhat unexpected trilogy of Bill Maher, Louis C.K., and Glenn Beck found common ground in likening Donald Trump to the Führer. But the avalanche of analogies never let up. By June, the onetime Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman was comparing Trump to both Hitler and Mussolini when addressing fellow GOP fat cats at Mitt Romney’s annual closed-door conclave in Park City. When a New York Times review of a new Hitler biography in September highlighted some striking Trump parallels, the book in question, a thousand pages long and translated from the German, soared up the Amazon list as perplexed Americans ransacked any source for clues to the provenance of the toxic lunatic who threatened their country.

Trump, I’ll argue not for the first time, is no Hitler. As Fran Lebowitz has said, there are 6 million reasons why not. And some other reasons as well: He has neither the attention span, organizational discipline, nor ideological zeal it takes to be a genocidal dictator. He doesn’t even have the skill set to avoid serial bankruptcies. Yet if Trump is no Hitler, he’s proved himself a stalking horse for a movement with Hitlerian ambitions, psychoses, and allies, the foremost of whom is a strongman with credible Hitler potential, Vladimir Putin. Trump has made himself the supreme leader of an enraged swath of Americans, perhaps some 40 percent of the electorate, as eager to blow up our republic as the Nazis were Weimar. A subset of that Trumpentariat adheres to neo-Nazi values (and in some cases neo-Nazi organizations) defined by a hatred of immigrants, Muslims, Jews, and most other racial and ethnic minorities. That group may not add up to the 50 percent excoriated as “deplorables” by Hillary Clinton, but it’s still sizable. After a parade of women accused Trump of sexual assault in the aftermath of “Grab them by the pussy,” a Politico/Morning Consult poll foundthat 74 percent of Republicans believed their party should continue to support him.
No shit. Hitler rightfully so hated jews and tried to free the world of their grip. Trump is slobbering as much as he can over nutanyahjews ball sack.
Hitler rightfully so hated jews and tried to free the world of their grip.

Proud member of the Hillary for President club.
There you go making a habit out of being wrong as usual.

27 December 16

Charles Lindbergh was a national hero, then a fascist sympathizer. History will be just as brutal to more than a few current Republican leaders.
rsn-I.jpg
n 2016, springtime for Hitler has been held over by popular demand to summer and fall. “It’s difficult to say when the Hitler analogies got out of control,” observed the writer Michael Lind in Politico way back in March, after the somewhat unexpected trilogy of Bill Maher, Louis C.K., and Glenn Beck found common ground in likening Donald Trump to the Führer. But the avalanche of analogies never let up. By June, the onetime Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman was comparing Trump to both Hitler and Mussolini when addressing fellow GOP fat cats at Mitt Romney’s annual closed-door conclave in Park City. When a New York Times review of a new Hitler biography in September highlighted some striking Trump parallels, the book in question, a thousand pages long and translated from the German, soared up the Amazon list as perplexed Americans ransacked any source for clues to the provenance of the toxic lunatic who threatened their country.

Trump, I’ll argue not for the first time, is no Hitler. As Fran Lebowitz has said, there are 6 million reasons why not. And some other reasons as well: He has neither the attention span, organizational discipline, nor ideological zeal it takes to be a genocidal dictator. He doesn’t even have the skill set to avoid serial bankruptcies. Yet if Trump is no Hitler, he’s proved himself a stalking horse for a movement with Hitlerian ambitions, psychoses, and allies, the foremost of whom is a strongman with credible Hitler potential, Vladimir Putin. Trump has made himself the supreme leader of an enraged swath of Americans, perhaps some 40 percent of the electorate, as eager to blow up our republic as the Nazis were Weimar. A subset of that Trumpentariat adheres to neo-Nazi values (and in some cases neo-Nazi organizations) defined by a hatred of immigrants, Muslims, Jews, and most other racial and ethnic minorities. That group may not add up to the 50 percent excoriated as “deplorables” by Hillary Clinton, but it’s still sizable. After a parade of women accused Trump of sexual assault in the aftermath of “Grab them by the pussy,” a Politico/Morning Consult poll foundthat 74 percent of Republicans believed their party should continue to support him.

No, Trump is no Hitler (yet) - because Hitler never had access to nuclear weapons.

I hope President Trump straps you to a nuke and drops it on Iran.

27 December 16

rsn-I.jpg

No shit. Hitler rightfully so hated jews and tried to free the world of their grip. Trump is slobbering as much as he can over nutanyahjews ball sack.

27 December 16

rsn-I.jpg

Not people. Jews. There is a difference.

27 December 16

rsn-I.jpg

That's true, Rump is no Hitler. Hitler hated Jews while Rump prefers short guys who wear yarmulkes every day to count his money rather than black guys.

Besides, Hitler didn't stay up at 3:20 in the morning sending troll tweets about a Venezuelan Miss Universe from ten years back.

Hitler was a "Herr" while Rump can only imagine he has "hair"...

There's three differences right there.
Hitler didn't go bankrupt 4 times and never grabbed a pussy

You don't know the first thing about Hitler....again the MSM has instructed you to compare Trump to Hitler and you're simply following marching orders....comrade.
Not suffer fools gladly,,,,,,,,,,,for me the msm was a laugh.....not only are most of you disgusting liars you have no sense of humor either

You're not funny....in fact you're a sad little man ,Eddie
And BTW sassy I'm not here to please you and your alt right nazi friends Say whatever you want about me but I know the scum you all are, liars with heads up republican asses You belittle a good man our president while kissing a scumbags ass like chump?? For shame

That's true, Rump is no Hitler. Hitler hated Jews while Rump prefers short guys who wear yarmulkes every day to count his money rather than black guys.

Besides, Hitler didn't stay up at 3:20 in the morning sending troll tweets about a Venezuelan Miss Universe from ten years back.

Hitler was a "Herr" while Rump can only imagine he has "hair"...

There's three differences right there.

You don't know the first thing about Hitler....again the MSM has instructed you to compare Trump to Hitler and you're simply following marching orders....comrade.
Not suffer fools gladly,,,,,,,,,,,for me the msm was a laugh.....not only are most of you disgusting liars you have no sense of humor either

And BTW sassy I'm not here to please you and your alt right nazi friends Say whatever you want about me but I know the scum you all are, liars with heads up republican asses You belittle a good man our president while kissing a scumbags ass like chump?? For shame

Meh...get back on your own thread topic, moron

You gonna report me snitch??,,,,odium knows you better than I

Grow up Edward. In the grand scheme of things you don't make any more difference to me than any other left loon

Grow up Edward. In the grand scheme of things you don't make any more difference to me than any other left loon
Who does make a difference?? just curious Who here are republicans that look at our problems or successes with honesty? I haven't seen one

Who does make a difference?? just curious Who here are republicans that look at our problems or successes with honesty? I haven't seen one

Try Deltex... listen to what he says and learn from it.

Try Deltex... to what he says and learn from it.
I do thank you but 1 out of 100 won't get you to the majors

Try Deltex... to what he says and learn from it.
I do thank you but 1 out of 100 won't get you to the majors

He's lived life, he mentors my children and I have no problem with that...in fact I encourage it.

He's a conservative but won't hesitate to call another conservative out when he disagrees with them. He's a good man, a little rough around the edges but get past that and learn from what he is saying

Forum List

Back