Trump is putting coal workers out of work

Donald Trump promised to revived the coal industry but instead he has been a nightmare for coworkers. Some big companies are even going bankrupt:

"Perhaps the most persuasive evidence of President’s Trump’s failure to revive the coal industry lies in the number of coal company bankruptcies and mine closings. As of Oct. 30, 2019, 11 companies, including the largest privately held operation, had declared bankruptcy since Trump’s inauguration. And according to the USEIA, more than half of all mines operating in 2008 had closed by the end of 2018. The consumption of renewable sources of energy surpassed coal consumption in 2019 for the first time in over 130 years, according to USEIA."

Coal miners are great people and I feel bad for them because they were conned into voting for Trump with the illusion that he would help them.
We heard a lot about Hillary being potentially really bad for coal workers but Donald Trump has been full of empty promises of greatness and resurgence.

Hillary was never bad for the coal workers.

She told them the truth. Their jobs are going away and won't come back.

She offered them retraining so they wouldn't be SOL.

They took the lazy way out. They chose trump who lied to them.

So actually Hillary was their better choice. They had a chance for retraining and a future.

They chose trump and now they are totally screwed.

They were warned. They chose to be lazy. They got what they voted for in trump.

Sorry, I have a very hard time with having sympathy for stupid, lazy people.

But here's the thing. Trump didn't put any new regulations, and repealled the ones that were there, and the Coal industry has continued to decline, anyway.

The real problem is, the technology is dirty and obsolete.

Wrong, the OP's article cites, "more stringent air quality regulations, and weaker-than-expected demand for coal in Asia” as the primary sources of the industry’s current woes."

There is a weaker demand because like it or not the world is moving away from coal because it's dirty and becoming obsolete.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

Beijing shuts last coal-fired power plant in bid to clear air

LMAO apparently you didn't read the 2nd line of your own link, "But capital still relies on polluting energy sources in other provinces for part of its energy needs "

It does. I didn't say we were done with dirty energy. I said there was less of a demand. That's exactly what my article states.

They just moved it away from the city. When the world stops using coal call us, until then stop trying to ban it. In fact what is this liberal fetish with banning things??

I also never argued to ban it. I'm arguing to move away from it.

Define moving away from it, making it so ridiculously expensive and difficult with government regulations that you effectively ban it would be my guess.

Should it be regulated? Absolutely. Does regulations make it more expensive? Absolutely. Even with regulations we had a total disregard for anything but the bottom line out of Don Blankenship. Just think how bad it would be without them.

A brand new coal mine was days from opening in West Virginia. They had spent millions of dollars and years complying with every government regulation. Just days before opening Obama shut the mine down with a stack of new government regulations designed specifically to kill that mine. The two DEM senators were furious and sent Obama a strongly worded letter to no avail. The fact is Democrats have weaponized government regulations to destroy industries they don't like.

Meanwhile Democrats are obliterating the environment and routinely breaking their own pollution laws and it's total crickets.
Internet stories. Gather round everyone.

But here's the thing. Trump didn't put any new regulations, and repealled the ones that were there, and the Coal industry has continued to decline, anyway.

Wrong, the OP's article cites, "more stringent air quality regulations, and weaker-than-expected demand for coal in Asia” as the primary sources of the industry’s current woes."

There is a weaker demand because like it or not the world is moving away from coal because it's dirty and becoming obsolete.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

LMAO apparently you didn't read the 2nd line of your own link, "But capital still relies on polluting energy sources in other provinces for part of its energy needs "

It does. I didn't say we were done with dirty energy. I said there was less of a demand. That's exactly what my article states.

They just moved it away from the city. When the world stops using coal call us, until then stop trying to ban it. In fact what is this liberal fetish with banning things??

Define moving away from it, making it so ridiculously expensive and difficult with government regulations that you effectively ban it would be my guess.

Should it be regulated? Absolutely. Does regulations make it more expensive? Absolutely. Even with regulations we had a total disregard for anything but the bottom line out of Don Blankenship. Just think how bad it would be without them.

A brand new coal mine was days from opening in West Virginia. They had spent millions of dollars and years complying with every government regulation. Just days before opening Obama shut the mine down with a stack of new government regulations designed specifically to kill that mine. The two DEM senators were furious and sent Obama a strongly worded letter to no avail. The fact is Democrats have weaponized government regulations to destroy industries they don't like.

Meanwhile Democrats are obliterating the environment and routinely breaking their own pollution laws and it's total crickets.

You may be right, you may be wrong because your words are little more than vague accusations.

There's no question here, this happened and was widely reported. Major Dem run cities who have wasted money on countless liberal spending sprees have ignored their crumbling sewer systems. These cities repeatedly spill hundreds of millions of gallons of untreated sewage into rivers and oceans. So fouling the water that beaches must be closed to prevent people from becoming sick.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

It's a matter of public record you retard.

Donald Trump promised to revived the coal industry but instead he has been a nightmare for coworkers. Some big companies are even going bankrupt:

"Perhaps the most persuasive evidence of President’s Trump’s failure to revive the coal industry lies in the number of coal company bankruptcies and mine closings. As of Oct. 30, 2019, 11 companies, including the largest privately held operation, had declared bankruptcy since Trump’s inauguration. And according to the USEIA, more than half of all mines operating in 2008 had closed by the end of 2018. The consumption of renewable sources of energy surpassed coal consumption in 2019 for the first time in over 130 years, according to USEIA."

Coal miners are great people and I feel bad for them because they were conned into voting for Trump with the illusion that he would help them.
We heard a lot about Hillary being potentially really bad for coal workers but Donald Trump has been full of empty promises of greatness and resurgence.

So actually Hillary was their better choice. They had a chance for retraining and a future.

Hillary talking points.

Then why are excessive regulations needed to "kill it"?
Regulations are to prevent coal from killing us.

Regulations are there to standardize safety and emission standards, as well as practices. Progressives use them to make something they don't like to expensive to perform economically.
Like standardizing the amount of mercury emissions wok from power plants?

Seems to fit your definition nicely.

She offered them welfare. Train them for what exactly?

Neither was a good choice.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

It's a matter of public record you retard.
Heard that one before. Lots of times.

She offered them welfare. Train them for what exactly?
Nope. Training programs. Everything from computer programming to nursing.

What I’ve heard from many others is that would be ineffective because coal miners are too stupid.

And those mining it. I guess "screw them" though as long as we can have cheap coal.

Argumentum ad absurdum. Assuming being against over-regulation is being against regulation.

Being against "over-regulation" is worthless unless you want to be specific.
Abortion clinics.

Regulations are there to standardize safety and emission standards, as well as practices. Progressives use them to make something they don't like to expensive to perform economically.

You mean reducing them to the point where a coal fired power plant cannot be built to meet them.

I didn't take Trump to mean that he was going to put the industry back to work so much as he wasn't going to destroy it like Hillary wanted to do. Are you saying he's destroying it or they aren't making it and he's not giving them handouts? Those are entirely different things.

I think natural gas has done the damage to coal, not Trump. So much of it and so cheap with fracking

They had a choice, Russian BS aside. So did the burbs in the Rust Belt, and they chose DJT. And now they are crying Covid-19 mismanagement from the WH and everything else from coal to no health benefits.
So you believe they would have done better under Hillary?

iu

Hillary lost coal country because she stated she would put coal miners out of work. Under Trump we are simply working towards what she said she would do.

No she didn't say she would put coal miners out of work.

You just repeated a lie.

She told them that their jobs are going away and won't come back. Then she offered them reeducation so they wouldn't be totally screwed.

She told them the ugly truth. Coal is a dying industry. Much more cleaner and much more efficient sources of energy are being used and developed.

They chose to go with the liar who pandered to them with lies to get them to vote against their best interest. They chose the lazy way and they got totally screwed.

If people are too lazy to take responsibility for their own lives then I really can't have any sympathy for them.

They made the bad choice. Now they don't want to take responsibility for that bad choice.

They were warned. They ignored the truth and warnings. They made the lazy choice. They got what they voted for. I have no sympathy for them.

Said nobody in China.

Nobody?

You may be right, you may be wrong because your words are little more than vague accusations.

There's no question here, this happened and was widely reported. Major Dem run cities who have wasted money on countless liberal spending sprees have ignored their crumbling sewer systems. These cities repeatedly spill hundreds of millions of gallons of untreated sewage into rivers and oceans. So fouling the water that beaches must be closed to prevent people from becoming sick.

Here we go again. I am NOT arguing for Democrats. I am arguing for people. What you state is one of the very reasons the Democrats lost Michigan.

No, like increasing the requirements of mercury removal beyond which is needed for public health, and into removal requirements that make the burning of coal impossible to do economically. It's taking a workable "four nines" standard and requiring a "six nines" standard not to help health, but to cause the plant to go out of business.

I've got a degree in ChemE, so if you want to go technical, bring it.

They had a choice, Russian BS aside. So did the burbs in the Rust Belt, and they chose DJT. And now they are crying Covid-19 mismanagement from the WH and everything else from coal to no health benefits.
So you believe they would have done better under Hillary?

iu

Hillary lost coal country because she stated she would put coal miners out of work. Under Trump we are simply working towards what she said she would do.

No she didn't say she would put coal miners out of work.

You just repeated a lie.

She told them that their jobs are going away and won't come back. Then she offered them reeducation so they wouldn't be totally screwed.

She told them the ugly truth. Coal is a dying industry. Much more cleaner and much more efficient sources of energy are being used and developed.

They chose to go with the liar who pandered to them with lies to get them to vote against their best interest. They chose the lazy way and they got totally screwed.

If people are too lazy to take responsibility for their own lives then I really can't have any sympathy for them.

They made the bad choice. Now they don't want to take responsibility for that bad choice.

They were warned. They ignored the truth and warnings. They made the lazy choice. They got what they voted for. I have no sympathy for them.

"Reeducation" for what?

Forum List

Back