Trump is taking the biggest political risk of his career

Trump is already getting high marks for his handling of this crises....from both dems and GOPers....
I doubt they they will give him high marks for reversing his course.
He is not reversing his course he is being flexible and pragmatic like a good leader needs to be....there is not a blanket fix for this...you have to be able to adjust as a leader....weigh and measure actions and results....he is crushing it and the people can see that....MAGA baby!!!!
There is flexible and then there is mixed messaging. Trump is countering the experts providing mixed messages and leaving Americans confused.

I don't find that to be the case at all. What is closer to the truth is to say that Trump makes crystal clear statements and then the liberal Media immediately twists them to try and make our President seem "incompetent" in their efforts to unseat him. What is really confusing you is when goofs like Fredo or Madcow give their interpretations of what he supposedly said.

Trump is already getting high marks for his handling of this crises....from both dems and GOPers....
He is not reversing his course he is being flexible and pragmatic like a good leader needs to be....there is not a blanket fix for this...you have to be able to adjust as a leader....weigh and measure actions and results....he is crushing it and the people can see that....MAGA baby!!!!
First of all Trump has limited control on lifting restrictions on schools, businesses, and large gatherings whose closure is hurting the economy. That is done by the governors in each state. Restrictions vary widely between states. What Trump is doing is putting pressure on the states to send healthy people back to work and school and return to normalcy. There is no way of determining who can safely return to work, attend school, concerts, sporting events, etc without spreading the virus. So any governor who does as Trump wants, will be blamed for resulting new cases and deaths, not the president. It's really a pretty smart political move on Trump's part, a bit unethical, but when has that stopped Trump.

Governors that are seeing increasing numbers of new cases and the inability of hospitals to meet the challenge of Covid 19 are certainly not going to return the state to business as usually and see new cases and deaths skyrocket. Only a few smaller states with few cases, would relax any restrictions and that will have little effect on the economy.

Trump is taking the biggest political risk of his career by advocating a more optimistic timetable and actions than the doctors and scientists.

If he ends up being correct, he will easily be re-elected in 2020.

If the experts are right and Trump's messages to the American people result in a prolonged pandemic with many more deaths, he will not be re-elected and go down as the worst President in the history of the US.
Doctors and nurses are falling ill. Medical supplies are running out.

And our alternate reality TV game show host is saying, "Pack them churches! Yeeeeee-haaaaaaaw!"

Yeah. Ask South Korea about the wisdom of packing churches during a pandemic...

First of all Trump has limited control on lifting restrictions on schools, businesses, and large gatherings whose closure is hurting the economy. That is done by the governors in each state. Restrictions vary widely between states. What Trump is doing is putting pressure on the states to send healthy people back to work and school and return to normalcy. There is no way of determining who can safely return to work, attend school, concerts, sporting events, etc without spreading the virus. So any governor who does as Trump wants, will be blamed for resulting new cases and deaths, not the president. It's really a pretty smart political move on Trump's part, a bit unethical, but when has that stopped Trump.

Governors that are seeing increasing numbers of new cases and the inability of hospitals to meet the challenge of Covid 19 are certainly not going to return the state to business as usually and see new cases and deaths skyrocket. Only a few smaller states with few cases, would relax any restrictions and that will have little effect on the economy.
He can put the federal government back to work and lift his 15 day slow down and companies will follow....Ford is already gearing back up...

There is flexible and then there is mixed messaging. Trump is countering the experts providing mixed messages and leaving Americans confused.

I don't find that to be the case at all. What is closer to the truth is to say that Trump makes crystal clear statements and then the liberal Media immediately twists them to try and make our President seem "incompetent" in their efforts to unseat him. What is really confusing you is when goofs like Fredo or Madcow give their interpretations of what he supposedly said.
President Donald Trump said Tuesday he hoped to have the country “back to work” by Easter. Of course, who the hell doesn't want this shit to end. It will be interesting to see his plan for doing that. Since there is no way to determine who can safely go back to work or to school, or attend public gatherings, without spreading the virus, I will be interested in hearing fearless leader's plan. I expect he will throw this little job to the states asking the governors to see if they can get their people back to work while fighting the "war on the coronavirus virus".

Trump is taking the biggest political risk of his career by advocating a more optimistic timetable and actions than the doctors and scientists.

If the experts are right and Trump's messages to the American people result in a prolonged pandemic with many more deaths, he will not be re-elected and go down as the worst President in the history of the US.
Hold on. Trump has not said anything about what he might propose. He has said, "He would like to see the country open up by Easter". You can interpret that in many ways. Like just about every American, I too would love to see the country back to to normal by Easter. However, logic tells us that is not going to happen because if everybody went back to work, the rate of exposure to the virus would increase geometrically and within a few weeks the number of cases would sky rocket.

I predict the president will urge governors to watch what is happening in their state carefully and send people back to work asap. So that will put Donald squarely on the side of the working stiff who just wants to get back to work. And if any governors are stupid enough to do so and it increases the rate of new cases, Donald is covered because that was the governor's decision.

However, this course could backfire on the president because 53% of the people approve of the way he is handling the virus issue. They hate having the country shutdown but they feel it is necessary. If he makes any moves as president that back off on his current position which the people approve, it could get him in a lot trouble if this change in direction was accompanied by big increases in the number of cases. Democrats would have a field day with that.

Fairly reasonable assessment.

I'm sure he WOULD like to open back up by Easter. So would most of us. As long as he keeps listening to his experts and makes assessments and adjustments on a daily basis - which it sounds like he is - then I think that's exactly what we should expect of him.

He would not say that unless he knows something we don't. I think he knows that mass production will have enough supply of the malaria pills that counter coronavirus that we can turn this thing around.

I think he knows that one of his primary jobs as President is to give people a sense that there's an end to this nightmare coming.

Too late. Since he is responsible for some deaths at the beginning of this he doesnt get free pass if he is right about the date. Matter of fact I would go as far to say that if we did hit that date it would be in spite of his incompetent handling of the crisis. Even before this he was skating on thin ice. I believe this virus "hoax" has sunk any hope he has of being elected.

Well Dems could try impeaching Trump again :auiqs.jpg:

He can put the federal government back to work and lift his 15 day slow down and companies will follow....Ford is already gearing back up...
Federal employees are at work or working from home except in some hard hit areas such as New York where non-essential workers or at home. Most states that have shutdown business have exempted federal facilities.

Great people take great chances in times like these.

I"m just sayin'.
Drumpf only takes chances with other peoples lives.

All President take chances with other people's lives. In case you haven't noticed, we're involved in a war for our very survival here. You can mope around and be a dope, or pull together. That's entirely up to you.
Their is a 3rd option. You can be a decisive and intelligent leader. Set realistic expectations by under promising and over delivering. Drumpf is doing the exact opposite.

How is he not delivering?

Dude, you're spending too much time listening to the sock puppets on CNN and MSNBC. Even state governors are praising him for the way he's handling this.
Calling the virus a dem hoax and killing people is not delivering.

The Prez did call NOT CORAVID-19 a Dem Hoax

He called the hype , hyperbole reaction thereto a hoax
That must be why he blew it off entirely and gave the virus a two month head start to spread like wildfire.

Some hoax!

I thought he was HOPING that things would be open on Easter. I believe everyone is feeling the same way. He is now listening to experts and following their advice.

Asswipe is "hope and change?"
Trump can only take the advice of experts for so long, then he has to take the contrarian view. That's because he is a contrarian by nature but he's smart enough to know that he will be wrong most of time if he goes against the experts but when he is right he will be hailed as a genius. So rather rather than say, I'm going to send our people back to work by Easter or The experts are wrong, we need to go back to work in two weeks, he sends coded message like Wouldn't it be wonderful if all our churches were open on Easter or I hope we can put our people back to work by Easter, or other such vague statements. So if by Easter there are a few places where the numbers support loosen up restrictions, he can do his shit eating grin and claim a victory. For some reason, the media has never figured this out.

Last edited:

You pray for death don't you?

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ready here. President Trump isn't opening anything up unless Americans will be safe. In the meantime he's just tryng to stay upbeat. To much is being made of this. But that's no surprise.

Great people take great chances in times like these.

I"m just sayin'.
Drumpf only takes chances with other peoples lives.

All President take chances with other people's lives. In case you haven't noticed, we're involved in a war for our very survival here. You can mope around and be a dope, or pull together. That's entirely up to you.
Their is a 3rd option. You can be a decisive and intelligent leader. Set realistic expectations by under promising and over delivering. Drumpf is doing the exact opposite.

How is he not delivering?

Dude, you're spending too much time listening to the sock puppets on CNN and MSNBC. Even state governors are praising him for the way he's handling this.
Calling the virus a dem hoax and killing people is not delivering.

The Prez did call NOT CORAVID-19 a Dem Hoax

He called the hype , hyperbole reaction thereto a hoax
That must be why he blew it off entirely and gave the virus a two month head start to spread like wildfire.

Some hoax!

Shut the fuck up, back then the powers-that-be believed that we were dealing with just the coronavirus and that the Chinese were infected because they ate bats and snakes.

Nobody ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

"Because the plain people are able to speak and understand, and even, in many cases, to read and write, it is assumed that they have ideas in their heads, and an appetite for more. This assumption is a folly."

Dopey Donald Trump understands this principle better than most. That's why he loves the poorly educated.

Keep it under your hat.

No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby. The mistake that is made always runs the other way. Because the plain people are able to speak and understand, and even, in many cases, to read and write, it is assumed that they have ideas in their heads, and an appetite for more. This assumption is a folly.

Forum List

Back