Trump: Let's "close up the internet"

I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this already - if I missed it, I'll merge.

Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

The press has to be responsible; they're not being responsible. We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people who really understand what's happening and maybe, in some ways, closing that Internet up in some ways.

Somebody will say, 'Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people, we have a lot of foolish people. We've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they're recruiting by the thousands, they're leaving our country, and then when they come back, we take them back.

I wonder who here is going to pop into this thread to defend these comments.

How many of you Trump guys are actually so fearful of ISIS to that you'd support "closing the internet" ?

Isn't that what they do in China?

:lol:

Why are you trying to change the subject?
We both know exactly what the subject is. The cracks in the PC monolith of self-appointed ideologues presuming to b the arbitrator of morality are part-and-parcel of your link and your thread title. Don't be that disingenuous.

:lol:

I'm not sure what that pile of nonsense is supposed to mean, but this thread is about Trump's suggestion that we close the internet, not whatever you're babbling about.
Stop with the sutpid laughing face.

Again:

Kind of like Hillary:

The Internet has taken center stage in both the 2016 presidential race and theObama administration’s current fight against ISIS. Democratic candidate Hillary Clintonurged tech companies to “deny online space” to terrorists. Clinton then anticipated and waved away presumed First Amendment criticisms.

“We’re going to hear all the usual complaints,” she said on Monday, “you know, freedom of speech, et cetera. But if we truly are in a war against terrorism and we are truly looking for ways to shut off their funding, shut off the flow of foreign fighters, then we’ve got to shut off their means of communicating. It’s more complicated with some of what they do on encrypted apps, and I’m well aware of that, and that requires even more thinking about how to do it.”

The OP's title was certainly selectively indignant and even more "dingbatty".

I'm no fan of Hilary, and her comments were almost as ridiculous as Trump's, but she didn't suggest that the government "close the internet".
Neither did Trump. FFS, grow up! It takes a lot more than stopping those stupid smiley faces. I don't suffer fools gladly.

Um, yes he did.

Donald Trump Thinks He Can Call Bill Gates To Shut Down The Internet

The GOP convention will be brokered, because it will not permit Trump to be the party nominee, and if he were, the Republicans would run an Independent Republican against Trump and Clinton.

The probably of a third party campaign increases.
If Trump has the votes going in, there is nothing the republicans or MSNBC or you can do about it.
Trump does not have the votes to take the nomination. He won't get them. If he comes to the convention as the lead vote taker at that point, the convention will draft Romney, Bush, or Rubio.
No votes ave been cast yet. If he gets the votes, he will have the nomination. His people will run the convention and Rinse will be kissing Donald's ass. Were going to make America great again.

I'm afraid I don't agree with Trump on this one. In fact, it reminds me of the stupid far left argument that gun control on law abiding citizens will stop criminals from getting guns.

ISIS has been communicating through video games for fucks sake, there was something about World of Warcraft being a regularly used one a while back. Shutting down the publics access to all sites, including terrorist sites, is actually a step in the /wrong/ direction. What we should do, if anything, is /monitor/ who visits those sites on a regular basis and use that as a stepping stone for tracking potential terrorist cells/lone wolves. (I think they already do this)

EDIT: that doesn't read right. What I mean is that we'd have to shut down all sites for it to be effective - forums, games, etc. because they'll just communicate through them. Else we'd have to have some kind of monitoring system for every single website out there - and we can't do that for foreign sites - which would mean we'd have to get zero non-US soil based websites.

Uhm... yea so basically it'd be a waste of time other than political pandering like they do with PC yap.

Believe it or not, I also write for publications....

If those publications have an online presence, Donny would have you on a bread line as your national audience dwindled to local readership only and personnel started being cut. Then he'd destroy the bread lines.

I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this already - if I missed it, I'll merge.

The press has to be responsible; they're not being responsible. We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people who really understand what's happening and maybe, in some ways, closing that Internet up in some ways.

Somebody will say, 'Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people, we have a lot of foolish people. We've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they're recruiting by the thousands, they're leaving our country, and then when they come back, we take them back.

How many of you Trump guys are actually so fearful of ISIS to that you'd support "closing the internet" ?
Hey bro, thread title & topic ?

How about re-reading that statement.
What do you think he meant when he said closing that Internet up?
Suddenly it becomes close the Internet.
Besides that, the first part is not quoted when he was talking about the 2 people who were radicalized in Calif.

The only difference between Trump and Hillary is Hillary wants to get the people from Silicone Valley and Trump wants the actual designers of the Internet.

Forum List

Back