Trump Lied?

Ok, so how about listing the stack of classified docs Joe Biden had illegally? Double-standard much?

You can't try to crucify Trump when he had a higher right to classified docs than Biden.
Papers are mixed up and misplaced all the time.

Biden never claimed any right to keep any documents and turned them over as soon as their presence was discovered.

Trump took the documents intentionally and refused to return them even after receiving a grand jury subpoena.

All Trump had to do was turn over ALL the government property in his possession.

That's it. That's all he had to do.

He willfully and deliberately chose not to. He went out of his way to hide the documents, and tried to get others involved in his obstruction. And that is why he is indicted.

Trump did this to himself. Not the Democrats, not the D33P STAIT, not Biden.

Hubris.

"It looks like former president Trump's documents are the government's property"? Depending on your politically biased point of view it could go either way. One thing is sure that V.P. Biden had no right to secret documents.

Papers are mixed up and misplaced all the time.
Biden never claimed any right to keep any documents and turned them over as soon as their presence was discovered.
Trump took the documents intentionally and refused to return them even after receiving a grand jury subpoena.
True. Pence even had a few classified docs.
Hillary destroyed subpoenaed emails, iPhones, and other materials. What happened to her? (Hint: nothing)

Are you saying that he didn't know that he had them? I guess that would fit considering the fact that he doesn't even know where he is unless somebody tells him.

"It looks like former president Trump's documents are the government's property"? Depending on your politically biased point of view it could go either way. One thing is sure that V.P. Biden had no right to secret documents.

He isn't VP though.

"It looks like former president Trump's documents are the government's property"? Depending on your politically biased point of view it could go either way.
No. Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

The law is unequivocal. No ifs, ands, or buts.

One thing is sure that V.P. Biden had no right to secret documents.
See post 36.

Trump fucked himself. If he had turned over the government property in his possession the way Biden did, Trump would not be in trouble today.

True. Pence even had a few classified docs.
According to the archives, it’s not terribly uncommon because the president and vice President deal with so many classified documents in an open setting, that these things are bound to happen by accident.
Hillary destroyed subpoenaed emails, iPhones, and other materials. What happened to her? (Hint: nothing)
Your accusation is unsupported. There’s no evidence she was responsible for the destruction of the subpoenaed emails.

There is lots of evidence that Trump obstructed the subpoena for his documents, including trying to have his underlings destroy the security footage.

Pence also had government documents in his possession. And like Biden, he turned them over and allowed his property to be searched.

This is where all similarity to Trump ends. Trump did not turn the government's documents over, and he attempted to hide them and enlist others to help him hide them. They had to be forcefully taken from him.

YUGE difference.

Don't let your propagandists gaslight you any more.

However a president sees fit. Nothing in the law states an ex president can not possess classified documents.
The law unequivocally states that the day a president leaves office, all presidential records become government property, and he cannot take it home with him.

Try to get that through your thick skull.

However a president sees fit. Nothing in the law states an ex president can not possess classified documents.

Umm... that's what I'm afraid of. According to one of the links I posted it does. I'm not happy with having to tell you that at all either since it's pretty obvious that I'm a HUGE Trump supporter.

Are you saying that he didn't know that he had them? I guess that would fit considering the fact that he doesn't even know where he is unless somebody tells him.
Trump is on an audio recording showing off a classified document to people who had no security clearance and who were not authorized to see such a document.

His own self-aggrandizing egomania has hung him.

So, yes. Trump knew damned well had had presidential records which were not his to possess.

He went to great lengths to hide them. You don't do that unless you know you have something you don't want to return to its rightful owner.

Yeah, right. Why should anyone believe that?
Dipshit, stop listening to the voices in your head. You can't make up a lie and then demand someone confirm it.

I started a topic before the 2020 election throwing my support to the Libertarian candidate, moron.

You people have no shame. None.

You are stuck in a false dichotomy universe, and you look incredibly stupid. Don't compound it.

False. The presidential records act says all presidential records are property of the government and shall be in their sole custody.

The former president has no ownership of them.
So, the PRA states the records can be placed in a presidential library, a place the president chooses.

The archivist maintains control and ownership, not in Washington DC but where the president decides, like Little Rock Arkansas

So, the PRA states the records can be placed in a presidential library, a place the president chooses.
No.

Why don't you read the PRA instead of continuing to make a public fool of yourself?

I provided a link to it. I don't know how much more I can help your willfully blind brain.

The archivist maintains control and ownership, not in Washington DC but where the president decides, like Little Rock Arkansas
Trump doesn’t have a library. Until he does, the archivist will keep the records wherever they see fit.

The records Trump kept in his club were not in custody of the archivist.

Forum List

Back