Trump makes huge threat against GOP establishment with one tweet

At this point I'm not certain Trump has to go Third Party to screw over the GOP. He's energized a portion of the GOP base that everyone likes to pretend doesn't exist. If he's rejected, I don't see those voters meekly lining up behind the GOP this time.

The shame here is that I'd been hoping the Conservatives would hold the GOP accountable for years, ditch them, and form their own party. That could have worked as there's more than a few Blue Dog and Reagan Democrats left that would have jumped on a centrist Conservative party. What Trump is mobilizing though is far scarier than that. Best case is he'd hand the election to Hillary (a result I do not want), worst case is he sets into motion something far far worse.

You know what's funny?

A third party nut helped Bill Clinton to win, and now another whacko is going to help his wife win.

The Hillary campaign should secretly begin a "vote third party" movement.

11255179_898616670187142_5749909512777227557_n.jpg
upload_2015-12-10_10-25-20.png

He will not win with a 3rd party run.
True. It will guarantee Hillary will.
Yes, but it also means Hillary faces a lot of the same issues Bill faced. Having Perot in the race undermined any real sense of "mandate" for Bill and allowed the GOP to view and treat Bill as a "Technicality" rather than as the popularly elected President. It undermined a lot of things he tried to do and galvanized the GOP. Hillary would face the same issue.

And no, this isn't the issue Obama is facing with the GOP. Obama's issue is a combination of his own very weak leadership skills and a segment of the voting populace everyone likes to pretend doesn't exist who are now firmly in the GOP.

better Hilary than some smiling rino like jebito , roobio or christy , yada , yada .
you progressive rinos want a jebito , roobio , yada , yada ehh Jake ?? Me , if it can't be someone I approve of then I want the Hilary . I figure that she will put the screws to moderate rinos [my enemies] by giving FREE stuff to everyone . Course moderate rinos will pay for all the FREE stuff Jake !! ------------- Go Trump , Go Cruz !!

You know what's funny?

A third party nut helped Bill Clinton to win, and now another whacko is going to help his wife win.

The Hillary campaign should secretly begin a "vote third party" movement.

I know...both running on the platform....I am a billionaire so I must be pretty smart

At this point I'm not certain Trump has to go Third Party to screw over the GOP. He's energized a portion of the GOP base that everyone likes to pretend doesn't exist. If he's rejected, I don't see those voters meekly lining up behind the GOP this time.

The shame here is that I'd been hoping the Conservatives would hold the GOP accountable for years, ditch them, and form their own party. That could have worked as there's more than a few Blue Dog and Reagan Democrats left that would have jumped on a centrist Conservative party. What Trump is mobilizing though is far scarier than that. Best case is he'd hand the election to Hillary (a result I do not want), worst case is he sets into motion something far far worse.
good times may be coming ehh DR.Traveler ??

good times may be coming ehh DR.Traveler ??
I'm fairly pessimistic about the coming 4 years. I'm no fan of the Clinton's and would rather not see Hillary in charge. I'm fairly convinced the core of Trump's base are the American versions of Fascists. I'm worried Trump is allowing Cruz a clear unvetted path to the GOP nomination, which essentially hands Clinton the win whether Trump runs or not.

My ideal outcome right now is a combination of Bush and Cruz. But that will likely not happen.

Yep. I am supporting him and only him. I hate the republican party but Trump is smart enough to know he needs a party to actually win.
Trump Makes HUGE THREAT Against The GOP Establishment In JUST ONE TWEET!!

Prefer he stay in because I want to see President Trump but hey my 2nd wish would be to see the republican party finish 3rd in a national race :D

You'd better be nice to me or I'm going to take my ball and go home

What a douche
He scares you I know.. It will be OK. Hopefully you live close enough to Canada so you can run away after he wins :D

no way that I'll vote for the 'jebito' or any other Rino / moderate gop'er . Trump or Cruz are the only acceptable choices in my opinion Dr. Traveler .

He will not win with a 3rd party run.

Who says he wants to win?

Well, if his intent is to take the Republicans out of the running ... oy vey.

I cannot say here. :ack-1:

He has been a life long Dim and friends with the Clintons.

My guess is he is just a plant. My guess is that Hillary thinks this is the only way she can win.
Lay down those "why we lost in 2016" excuses early.

Look for Trump to finish second in Iowa and maybe pull out a win in New Hampshire

But by Super Tuesday March 1 2016, the Trump campaign will be buried

Look for Trump to go independent by April as he claims Republicans are picking on him

no way that I'll vote for the 'jebito' or any other Rino / moderate gop'er . Trump or Cruz are the only acceptable choices in my opinion Dr. Traveler .
And that's your choice and you should vote your conscience. The DNC and RNC have been able to ignore the Sanders and Trump crowds for too long without being held accountable for it. To the GOP's credit, at least their establishment has said enough. Clinton should be facing a full on third party challenge from the Sanders crowd.

My issue with Trump is that he's been a fairly offense person on the campaign trail and his stances historically have roots in parts of US history I'd rather not see play out again. When I say my fear is that Trump is appealing to a base of voters we like to pretend don't exist I don't think that's an unfair thing to say. Trump's support is far broader than just the Conservatives who were ignored for years.

Look for Trump to finish second in Iowa and maybe pull out a win in New Hampshire

Look for Trump to go independent by April as he claims Republicans are picking on him
My prediction too. The parties have a lot of the control over the process and the GOP has even more control than the DNC.

Yep. I am supporting him and only him. I hate the republican party but Trump is smart enough to know he needs a party to actually win.
Trump Makes HUGE THREAT Against The GOP Establishment In JUST ONE TWEET!!

Prefer he stay in because I want to see President Trump but hey my 2nd wish would be to see the republican party finish 3rd in a national race :D

You'd better be nice to me or I'm going to take my ball and go home

What a douche
He scares you I know.. It will be OK. Hopefully you live close enough to Canada so you can run away after he wins :D
So you are investing in a Trump win?

My prediction too. The parties have a lot of the control over the process and the GOP has even more control than the DNC.

If you want to see some funny business...watch the caucuses

Thats where Ron Paul pulled wins out of his ass even though he lost

Forum List

Back