Trump On Woodward Tape Admitting To Lying About Seriousness Of Coronavirus

I must have read this wrong...keep calm and carry on sounds like the truth and not a lie. I must be a deplorable to miss your brilliant point here.

I know you heard "Keep calm and it will all just disappear, like magic!

Did you know the flu actually kills people?

Before this is over, more americans will have died of the coronavirus, than died from combat in WWII.
Don't expect Trump to gives two shits. When the first Americans were dying of Covid in Washington on Feb 28th, Donald Trump was telling supporters in a Rally in North Carolina that it was just the common flu...
Fake News. I can find no evidence that he said any such thing.
... He was lying and he knew it...
Pot calling the kettle black? You have yet to supply a link and pull quote to support your unsupported claim.

You cannot find anywhere where Trump said is was only like the common flu? Guess you ignored a lot of stuff in the news. Trump tried to downplay this and compare it to the regular flu. He didn't say that it was deadly (other to than Woodward) until he got caught with his pants down.

February 26:

"The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year," Trump said during a Coronavirus Task Force briefing." And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. But think of that: 25,000 to 69,000." Trump then added, "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done.”

February 27:

"And you know what? If we were doing a bad job, we should also be criticized. But we have done an incredible job. We're going to continue," Trump said from inside the Cabinet Room. "It's going to disappear. One day — it's like a miracle — it will disappear."

February 29:

"We've taken the most aggressive actions to confront the coronavirus. They are the most aggressive taken by any country. And we're the number-one travel destination anywhere in the world, yet we have far fewer cases of the disease than even countries with much less travel or a much smaller population," said Trump on February 29th, the day which the U.S. officially reported its first coronavirus death.

March 9:

"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year," the president tweeted shortly before 11 am. "Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!"
None of those quotes back up your claim he said it was like the common flu. Try reading them next time.

What would have happened if Trump came out in Feb and said “WE ALL NEED TO PANIC! THIS THING IS GONNA KILL 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!”

I will tell you what would have happened.....2.2 million libtard snowflakes woulda died from shitting themselves. Hell, they are still hiding under their beds wearing masks and swimming in sanitizer.

That is what they are now saying Trump shoulda done. Fucking hacks.

already failed with that lie. You blamed W for a recession that started as he walked in the door. Right there you fail.
Eight years as president for W and six with total control and Bush was too incompetent to fix the Clinton lead recession ? Yet, Trump takes credit from day one after Obama until his recession. You guys are the biggest bullshit artists in the history of bullshit. Two months is plenty of time but instead, he passed huge tax cuts for the rich.....that’ll do it. It always resulted in a recession. Just like Trump, Reagan ans Bush.

Last edited:
already failed with that lie. You blamed W for a recession that started as he walked in the door. Right there you fail.
Eight years as president for W and six with total control and Bush was too incompetent to fix the Clinton lead recession ? Yet, Trump takes credit from day one after Obama until his recession. You guys are the biggest bullshit artists in the history of bullshit.

W didn't fix a recession that was caused before he was President proves that he's "incompetent." Got it.

On another subject, you are supposed to sip the Kool-Aid, not dunk your head in it. Just FYI

Eight years as president for W and six with total control and Bush was too incompetent to fix the Clinton lead recession ? Yet, Trump takes credit from day one after Obama until his recession. You guys are the biggest bullshit artists in the history of bullshit.

W didn't fix a recession that was caused before he was President proves that he's "incompetent." Got it.

On another subject, you are supposed to sip the Kool-Aid, not dunk your head in it. Just FYI
Nope...don’t “ got it”. More pigeon shit.

There is no koolaid in 10 of the last 11 recessions. You guys sting in economics.

I got it perfectly fine. W entered in late January. We went into recession in March. You don't blame Clinton because Democrat. So W caused a recession in one month. You're a brain dead lackey of the Democrat party. Even they laugh at you when they see you coming. Hey, here comes Dagosa. He'll literally believe ANYTHING. Watch this ...

LOL

There is no koolaid in 10 of the last 11 recessions. You guys sting in economics.

Yes, a real economist knows that when a Democrat is President for eight years then a Republican for one month before a recession starts, it was the Republican's fault. You are truly brainless

Don't expect Trump to gives two shits.
He doesn't care, the Trumpsters don't care.

When this first broke, I was anxious to see how the Trumpsters would react. I knew they'd rally around him, of course, but I didn't know how. How in the world can you deny something that came out of his own mouth?

So far, most of them are going with "fake news", even with the tapes fully public. They're just flat-out ignoring what he said. It didn't happen.

This whole time just continues to evade description. The term "denial" seems so inadequate, pedestrian, unsatisfying. This whole pathology just doesn't make sense to me.

It's not that Trump didn't say these things Mac, it's about how you people twist, pull out of context, and use things like hindsight, name calling, and bull shit narratives to constantly attack this President over this...Example, it is clear that Cuomo is responsible for the explosion of senior citizen deaths inside nursing homes due to his policy of shoving Covid positive patients into these facilities. Even when this President sent him MASH forces, and an entire Hospital ship ready to help, that weren't use by that dolt...Yet, I'll bet you a dime for a dollar that you'll defend that POS.....
He said what he said, he did what he did.

He lied about the severity of the virus, as a global pandemic was bearing down on America, and then he purposely mocked those Americans who tried to protect themselves and their families.

This isn't about Cuomo or Biden or Hillary or Obama. I'm sure this is all "fake news" to someone like you, but most people don't like being lied to. Especially when it's literally a life and death situation.

Oh my Lord.....:icon_rolleyes: So, you would have rather had him panic the citizenry, dictate a slew of restrictions from DC, and talk about nothing but doom and gloom eh? Great plan...:no_text11:

You can look at it like that, but clearly, other than snarky attacks on Trump, Democrats didn't have a better plan that what he did....

• Took early action to cut off travel from China
  • Built the world’s leading testing system from nothing
  • Enacted mitigation measures to slow the spread
  • Mobilized public and private sectors to secure needed supplies
  • Took action to protect vulnerable Americans
  • Launched effort to deliver a vaccine and therapeutics in record time
  • Provided support to workers and businesses
  • Paved way for reopening to get America working again
  • Surged resources to hot spots as they arose
  • Confronted China as origin of the virus while Democrats and media cowered
At the outset, President Trump took action to stop travel from China to stem the spread to the United States as long as possible.
  • While Democrats were focused on their impeachment sham, President Trump took swift and decisive action to stop travel from China in January and enhanced airport screenings to help stop cases from coming into the United States as long as possible.
  • In his February 4th State of the Union address, President Trump pledged to “take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from the virus,” while the Democrats’ response made not a single mention of the virus or even the threat of China.
President Trump built the world’s leading testing system from nothing, based on a virus we have never faced before.
  • In order to accurately trace and combat this virus, President Trump set out to build the world’s best testing system, and that’s exactly what he did.
  • We have already conducted more than 65 million tests, far outpacing any other country.
As soon as cases began to rise, President Trump released guidance to slow the spread.
  • President Trump released guidance recommending mitigation measures critical to slowing the spread of the virus, and the American people stepped up to do their part.
  • Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx have attested to the fact that President Trump took action as soon as the data was presented to him.
In order to secure the supplies needed to confront the surge in coronavirus we faced, President Trump led the largest mobilization of public and private sector resources since WWII.
  • The President directed his Administration to secure and distribute needed medical supplies to states in need – resulting in billions of PPE delivered so far.
  • At the President’s urging, private companies shifted production to supplying masks, ventilators, hand sanitizer, testing supplies, and more.
  • President Trump has acted under the Defense Production Act more than 30 times to ensure we have the supplies we need.
  • When we faced a potentially catastrophic shortage of ventilators, President Trump took action to produce 100,000 ventilators and ensure no patient who needs one goes without a ventilator.
President Trump moved swiftly to protect vulnerable communities.
  • The Administration quickly established guidelines for nursing homes and expanded telehealth opportunities to protect our vulnerable seniors.
  • The President took action to ensure that uninsured Americans are able to get the COVID-19 care and testing they need.
  • President Trump directed Secretary Carson to focus the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council on underserved communities impacted by COVID-19.
  • The Administration is investing approximately $2 billion in community health centers, helping their 28 million patients in medically underserved areas receive the care and testing they need.

You weren't lied to, just incredibly stupid...You listened to CNN, and MSNBC and believed them....What a dolt...:auiqs.jpg:

When this first broke, I was anxious to see how the Trumpsters would react. I knew they'd rally around him, of course, but I didn't know how. How in the world can you deny something that came out of his own mouth?

So far, most of them are going with "fake news", even with the tapes fully public. They're just flat-out ignoring what he said. It didn't happen.

This whole time just continues to evade description. The term "denial" seems so inadequate, pedestrian, unsatisfying. This whole pathology just doesn't make sense to me.

It's not that Trump didn't say these things Mac, it's about how you people twist, pull out of context, and use things like hindsight, name calling, and bull shit narratives to constantly attack this President over this...Example, it is clear that Cuomo is responsible for the explosion of senior citizen deaths inside nursing homes due to his policy of shoving Covid positive patients into these facilities. Even when this President sent him MASH forces, and an entire Hospital ship ready to help, that weren't use by that dolt...Yet, I'll bet you a dime for a dollar that you'll defend that POS.....

He lied about the severity of the virus, as a global pandemic was bearing down on America, and then he purposely mocked those Americans who tried to protect themselves and their families.

This isn't about Cuomo or Biden or Hillary or Obama. I'm sure this is all "fake news" to someone like you, but most people don't like being lied to. Especially when it's literally a life and death situation.
The President presidential projected strength And calm to the nation instead of engaging in fear-mongering by spreading false information from a projection model all notable scientists say was the worst one that could have been used, one that was wildly off in its predictions / projections.

The Democrats, who failed to do their jobs because they were distracted by attempting to affect another coup, never saw the pandemic coming. They spoke without any clue of what was going on.

They told people to ignore the President's warnings, told them to go on with their lives because there was nothing to fear from the virus. They opposed the life-saving travel ban, attempted to BLOCK IT. They gave Americans advice that would SPREAD the virus, not keep people safe.

The factual timeline shows the President acted while the WHO was still lying to the world, saying there was nothing to fear and that China had everything under control. It shows the very next day after the WHO finally declared the virus to be a pandemic Trump ramped up steps to protect this country.

At this point the Democrats were still attempting their failed coup, were calling the travel ban Xenophobic, and were still telling people to ride packed subways & 'Come see China Town'.

Snowflakes say this is not about Cuomo and other Democrats while accusing the President of being directly responsible for the virus deaths of Americans.

The problem with that is even if you buy the argument that the President did not do enough and that resulted in the deaths of Americans, that still leaves Cuomo - the largest mass murderer in US history - as one of 4 Democrats who actually took steps to actively murder US citizens.

Cuomo publicly declared HE KNEW the elderly were the most at risk to die from the virus...before signing a mandate to FORCE virus-infected patients into nursing homes. It's not like he had no idea what he was doing - he already admitted he knew. By doing do anyway Cuomo by himself (not counting the other 3 Democrat governors) murdered over 10,000 elderly US citizens, Americans who died needlessly due to Cuomo's 'death sentence'!

So don't accuse the President of killing Americans while trying to say Cuomo murdering over 10,000 Americans is 'off limits!

Democrats are attempting to rewrite history to gloss over their treason, their failure to do their jobs, to erase their past heinous mistakes and failures made on the bases of 'We hate Trump' politics, and erase their crimes - like Cuomo needlessly murdering over 10,000 Americans.

Cuomo forced virus-infected patients in with the elderly in nursing homes when he had a hospital built by the Army Corp of Engineers barely used and a USN hospital ship in NY's harbor to take patients that was minimally used.

The Democrats made mistake after mistake, error after error, and bad political decisions after bad political decisions in a MEDICAL pandemic, and it put Americans at risk and cause the needless THOUSANDS of American deaths.
Okay, got it.

:laughing0301: That's it? :laughing0301: You tried to attack my post to you chastising me for bringing up Cuomo, and easy laid you out....and all you can say is "Okay, got it"???? What have you got? huh? What have you learned? My guess is nothing...This response is you accepting your ass whoppin?

What easy highlighted so perfectly is just how nakedly partisan, and stupid this line of attack against Trump is today...Once again libs trying to have it both ways, as if what they did and said mere weeks ago doesn't matter now....:no_text11: you don't get to do that.

Why does a government and society built by democrats fall apart so easily after a couple years of an independent such as trump, president?

Because Democrats build garbage.

Democrats can have motel 6, I want Trump's vision.
Vision ? He’s Intellectually BLIND.
What is your plan to stop the virus?
The virus ? First we fire Trumps Fat Ass.

Remarkably honest for you that the virus is just a partisan tool for you to Get Trump with.

Remember how you were just whining the GOP are bad people? LOL
Trump Incompetence gets in the way at every turn. 10 of last 11 recessions ? Sure, you guys are real beauties.

You already failed with that lie. You blamed W for a recession that started as he walked in the door. Right there you fail.

I'm curious though, you have nothing but obvious vitriolic hatred for Trump that is beyond rational and you only post of your hatred. I mean that's fine, but you won't influence anyone with that irrational hatred. Wouldn't it make more sense to at least pretend you're not just a nut job?
And you love Hillary and Obama ! You sound like little cry babies.

Why does a government and society built by democrats fall apart so easily after a couple years of an independent such as trump, president?

Remarkably honest for you that the virus is just a partisan tool for you to Get Trump with.

Trump Incompetence gets in the way at every turn. 10 of last 11 recessions ? Sure, you guys are real beauties.

You already failed with that lie. You blamed W for a recession that started as he walked in the door. Right there you fail.

I'm curious though, you have nothing but obvious vitriolic hatred for Trump that is beyond rational and you only post of your hatred. I mean that's fine, but you won't influence anyone with that irrational hatred. Wouldn't it make more sense to at least pretend you're not just a nut job?

Awww, poor baby. I hit a nerve on that one. Calm down, it's OK

:itsok:

I got it perfectly fine. W entered in late January. We went into recession in March. You don't blame Clinton because Democrat. So W caused a recession in one month. You're a brain dead lackey of the Democrat party. Even they laugh at you when they see you coming. Hey, here comes Dagosa. He'll literally believe ANYTHING. Watch this ...

LOL
But according to you and TrumpHole, Trump was able to turn the economy around on day one from Obama.

Awww, poor baby. I hit a nerve on that one. Calm down, it's OK

:itsok:
Burp.

LOL
But according to you and TrumpHole, Trump was able to turn the economy around on day one from Obama.

You going to Bogart that doobie or pass it around?

Oh my Lord.....:icon_rolleyes: So, you would have rather had him panic the citizenry, dictate a slew of restrictions from DC, and talk about nothing but doom and gloom eh? Great plan...:no_text11:

You can look at it like that, but clearly, other than snarky attacks on Trump, Democrats didn't have a better plan that what he did....

• Took early action to cut off travel from China
  • Built the world’s leading testing system from nothing
  • Enacted mitigation measures to slow the spread
  • Mobilized public and private sectors to secure needed supplies
  • Took action to protect vulnerable Americans
  • Launched effort to deliver a vaccine and therapeutics in record time
  • Provided support to workers and businesses
  • Paved way for reopening to get America working again
  • Surged resources to hot spots as they arose
  • Confronted China as origin of the virus while Democrats and media cowered
At the outset, President Trump took action to stop travel from China to stem the spread to the United States as long as possible.
  • While Democrats were focused on their impeachment sham, President Trump took swift and decisive action to stop travel from China in January and enhanced airport screenings to help stop cases from coming into the United States as long as possible.
  • In his February 4th State of the Union address, President Trump pledged to “take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from the virus,” while the Democrats’ response made not a single mention of the virus or even the threat of China.
President Trump built the world’s leading testing system from nothing, based on a virus we have never faced before.
  • In order to accurately trace and combat this virus, President Trump set out to build the world’s best testing system, and that’s exactly what he did.
  • We have already conducted more than 65 million tests, far outpacing any other country.
As soon as cases began to rise, President Trump released guidance to slow the spread.
  • President Trump released guidance recommending mitigation measures critical to slowing the spread of the virus, and the American people stepped up to do their part.
  • Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx have attested to the fact that President Trump took action as soon as the data was presented to him.
In order to secure the supplies needed to confront the surge in coronavirus we faced, President Trump led the largest mobilization of public and private sector resources since WWII.
  • The President directed his Administration to secure and distribute needed medical supplies to states in need – resulting in billions of PPE delivered so far.
  • At the President’s urging, private companies shifted production to supplying masks, ventilators, hand sanitizer, testing supplies, and more.
  • President Trump has acted under the Defense Production Act more than 30 times to ensure we have the supplies we need.
  • When we faced a potentially catastrophic shortage of ventilators, President Trump took action to produce 100,000 ventilators and ensure no patient who needs one goes without a ventilator.
President Trump moved swiftly to protect vulnerable communities.
  • The Administration quickly established guidelines for nursing homes and expanded telehealth opportunities to protect our vulnerable seniors.
  • The President took action to ensure that uninsured Americans are able to get the COVID-19 care and testing they need.
  • President Trump directed Secretary Carson to focus the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council on underserved communities impacted by COVID-19.
  • The Administration is investing approximately $2 billion in community health centers, helping their 28 million patients in medically underserved areas receive the care and testing they need.

You weren't lied to, just incredibly stupid...You listened to CNN, and MSNBC and believed them....What a dolt...:auiqs.jpg:

The President presidential projected strength And calm to the nation instead of engaging in fear-mongering by spreading false information from a projection model all notable scientists say was the worst one that could have been used, one that was wildly off in its predictions / projections.

The Democrats, who failed to do their jobs because they were distracted by attempting to affect another coup, never saw the pandemic coming. They spoke without any clue of what was going on.

They told people to ignore the President's warnings, told them to go on with their lives because there was nothing to fear from the virus. They opposed the life-saving travel ban, attempted to BLOCK IT. They gave Americans advice that would SPREAD the virus, not keep people safe.

The factual timeline shows the President acted while the WHO was still lying to the world, saying there was nothing to fear and that China had everything under control. It shows the very next day after the WHO finally declared the virus to be a pandemic Trump ramped up steps to protect this country.

At this point the Democrats were still attempting their failed coup, were calling the travel ban Xenophobic, and were still telling people to ride packed subways & 'Come see China Town'.

Snowflakes say this is not about Cuomo and other Democrats while accusing the President of being directly responsible for the virus deaths of Americans.

The problem with that is even if you buy the argument that the President did not do enough and that resulted in the deaths of Americans, that still leaves Cuomo - the largest mass murderer in US history - as one of 4 Democrats who actually took steps to actively murder US citizens.

Cuomo publicly declared HE KNEW the elderly were the most at risk to die from the virus...before signing a mandate to FORCE virus-infected patients into nursing homes. It's not like he had no idea what he was doing - he already admitted he knew. By doing do anyway Cuomo by himself (not counting the other 3 Democrat governors) murdered over 10,000 elderly US citizens, Americans who died needlessly due to Cuomo's 'death sentence'!

So don't accuse the President of killing Americans while trying to say Cuomo murdering over 10,000 Americans is 'off limits!

Democrats are attempting to rewrite history to gloss over their treason, their failure to do their jobs, to erase their past heinous mistakes and failures made on the bases of 'We hate Trump' politics, and erase their crimes - like Cuomo needlessly murdering over 10,000 Americans.

Cuomo forced virus-infected patients in with the elderly in nursing homes when he had a hospital built by the Army Corp of Engineers barely used and a USN hospital ship in NY's harbor to take patients that was minimally used.

The Democrats made mistake after mistake, error after error, and bad political decisions after bad political decisions in a MEDICAL pandemic, and it put Americans at risk and cause the needless THOUSANDS of American deaths.
Okay, got it.

:laughing0301: That's it? :laughing0301: You tried to attack my post to you chastising me for bringing up Cuomo, and easy laid you out....and all you can say is "Okay, got it"???? What have you got? huh? What have you learned? My guess is nothing...This response is you accepting your ass whoppin?

What easy highlighted so perfectly is just how nakedly partisan, and stupid this line of attack against Trump is today...Once again libs trying to have it both ways, as if what they did and said mere weeks ago doesn't matter now....:no_text11: you don't get to do that.
He lied to America. He mocked Americans trying to protect themselves. Those are facts.

He's a sociopath, and so are you.

What would have happened if Trump came out in Feb and said “WE ALL NEED TO PANIC! THIS THING IS GONNA KILL 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!”

I will tell you what would have happened.....2.2 million libtard snowflakes woulda died from shitting themselves. Hell, they are still hiding under their beds wearing masks and swimming in sanitizer.

That is what they are now saying Trump shoulda done. Fucking hacks.
A Russian bot.

How is it you only ever mention the Trump part of that?
If I lived in a swing state, I would vote for Biden because Trump's combination of corruption and ignorance is too great to ignore. Normally, choosing between a Republican or Democrat is a "choice" between JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.

So you're going to vote for the Communist Party candidate? Oh wait, that's Biden ...

LOL

You going to Bogart that doobie or pass it around?
Are you sharing your coke with mr sniffles ?

The GOP party heads are bad people. The gop supporters, are stupid people. How many recessions and corpses do you need to prove it ?

Forum List

Back