Trump proves he is a weak leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he a weak leader? You can't compromise with people that refuse to give into anything. Trump wanted 32 billion for a wall and the Democrats stopped him. He scaled that down to 5.8 billion and the Democrats are stopping him again. They made no counter offer for the wall.

In other words, no wall for any reason or exchange.

Exactly
“In a short time, the Senate will take part in a pointless exercise to demonstrate to our House colleagues and the president what everyone here already knows. There are not the votes for an expensive, taxpayer funded border wall. So, President Trump, you will not get your wall,” Schumer said. “Abandon your shutdown strategy. You’re not getting your wall today, next week, or on January 3 when Democrats take control of the House.”
Chuck Schumer: Trump's Not Getting His Wall | National Review

This is true. Like I said, no compromise.

We spend 70 billion a year on food stamps.......every year. What Trump is asking for is less than one-tenth of that one time. The wall isn't expensive, our social programs are.
Feeding people is important

A worthless wall is not

Not feeding people who can feed themselves.
Starve American children so you can build a needless wall?
1 liner Drama Queen........

After the crash people in the private sector lost everything.........Gov't employees are immune from that..........cry me a river.........

How were Govt employees immune from the crash? Were their stocks protected because they were Govt employees?

They can take a part time job while waiting and get paid twice...........welcome to reality............Trump shouldn't back down when they just gave money we don't have to Mexico double the amount.............Not to mention under Obama they handed over money to our enemies..........aka Death to America Iran............

Pony the fuck up.

Speaking of Mexico, why again is Trump shutting down the government for something he promised us 100 times at least that Mexico would pay for?

Trump's own words...A shutdown falls on the President’s lack of leadership. He can’t even control his own party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the president is weak."

This is the third shutdown in less than a year, all while the president's party controlled both sides of Congress.

Thank you Mr Trump for showing us what a weak leader is.
Since “shutdowns”only affect the Park Service, they are no more than kabuki theatre, yes they are a sign of weakness. Now if they really sent everyone home, that would be operating in strength. Note: I realize, for ptactical reasons this cannot apply to the military services actively operating overseas.

If I were a government employee I would be hoping for a three month shutdown. Three months paid vacation. I never had that before in my life unless you consider unemployment a vacation.

Yeah, lots of people wish for 3 months of not being able to pay their bills or buy food for their children or make their house or car payment.

you are a fucking moron.

I'm a moron because I can do something government workers could not do?

I do wish the Dems would stop with the snide "I thought Mexico was going to pay for it" remarks, as if anyone during the campaign actually thought Mexico was going to pay for it.
We had that conversation then. Everyone realized Trump was talking bullshit.

After the crash people in the private sector lost everything.........Gov't employees are immune from that..........cry me a river.........

How were Govt employees immune from the crash? Were their stocks protected because they were Govt employees?

They can take a part time job while waiting and get paid twice...........welcome to reality............Trump shouldn't back down when they just gave money we don't have to Mexico double the amount.............Not to mention under Obama they handed over money to our enemies..........aka Death to America Iran............

Pony the fuck up.

Speaking of Mexico, why again is Trump shutting down the government for something he promised us 100 times at least that Mexico would pay for?
I don't care if they gambled in the markets.......that is a gambling problem.........seek help for your gambling problems......no one puts a gun to their head to gamble in the markets.............

They still had a job as people lost everything after the crash......their jobs......their homes.........Federal workers were immune to that carnage..........not to mention that many companies cut wages after the crash because the Too Big to Fail or Jail bundled crap and sold it over and over again until they screwed the entire nation.

That is another story...........Jobs are booming..........if the shut down goes on long then they can go to work in the private sector either temporarily or permanently............Their decision............In the private world this happens all the time and regular citizens have to get off their asses and find another job............

This is a paid vacation anyway.....always is.................pony up the money for the wall........

Trump's own words...A shutdown falls on the President’s lack of leadership. He can’t even control his own party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means the president is weak."

This is the third shutdown in less than a year, all while the president's party controlled both sides of Congress.

Since “shutdowns”only affect the Park Service, they are no more than kabuki theatre, yes they are a sign of weakness. Now if they really sent everyone home, that would be operating in strength. Note: I realize, for ptactical reasons this cannot apply to the military services actively operating overseas.

If I were a government employee I would be hoping for a three month shutdown. Three months paid vacation. I never had that before in my life unless you consider unemployment a vacation.

Yeah, lots of people wish for 3 months of not being able to pay their bills or buy food for their children or make their house or car payment.

you are a fucking moron.

You are a moron on for thinking that people should wish for 3 months of not being able to pay their bills or buy food for their children or make their house or car payment.

Exactly
“In a short time, the Senate will take part in a pointless exercise to demonstrate to our House colleagues and the president what everyone here already knows. There are not the votes for an expensive, taxpayer funded border wall. So, President Trump, you will not get your wall,” Schumer said. “Abandon your shutdown strategy. You’re not getting your wall today, next week, or on January 3 when Democrats take control of the House.”
Chuck Schumer: Trump's Not Getting His Wall | National Review

This is true. Like I said, no compromise.

We spend 70 billion a year on food stamps.......every year. What Trump is asking for is less than one-tenth of that one time. The wall isn't expensive, our social programs are.
Feeding people is important

A worthless wall is not

Not feeding people who can feed themselves.
Starve American children so you can build a needless wall?
1 liner Drama Queen........

No kidding.

Senate: not 60 votes.
You can't find 5 democrats to vote with you Mr tRump?

Agreed, he can't. So it's the Democrats in the Senate actually shutting down he government--not Trump.
But this is dOnald tRump, the gReat nEgotiator, author of the aRt of the dEal! Surely he can convince 5 democrats to vote with him, after all his cause is righteous and for the greater good right?
Even Trump can't FORCE Un-American party-1st Dems to vote America-1st.
No no! Art of the deal! Great negotiator! He supposed to be able to persuade folks. All he needs is five. Any leader.worth his salt could manage a mere five votes.
It doesn’t matter as long as we have an wide open southern border... Which we obviously do

Shut downs have become pretty regular. But, we wouldn't have had this problem had the Democratic Party not been douche-bags ensuring his election to begin with.

you are a fucking moron.

You are a moron on for thinking that people should wish for 3 months of not being able to pay their bills or buy food for their children or make their house or car payment.
What the hell is stopping them from taking temporary work.....................private sector does that every time this happens.........perhaps a dose of reality would do them good...........It would actually allow them to save money as they will be paid for sitting at home after it's over like always.............

Do a GO FUND ME for them if you are that concerned.

Sitting on your ass with your thump up your rear, refusing to do anything and vowing to oppose anything anyone else does is real WEAKNESS.

You can't find 5 democrats to vote with you Mr tRump?

Agreed, he can't. So it's the Democrats in the Senate actually shutting down he government--not Trump.
But this is dOnald tRump, the gReat nEgotiator, author of the aRt of the dEal! Surely he can convince 5 democrats to vote with him, after all his cause is righteous and for the greater good right?
No no! Art of the deal! Great negotiator! He supposed to be able to persuade folks. All he needs is five. Any leader.worth his salt could manage a mere five votes.
It doesn’t matter as long as we have an wide open southern border... Which we obviously do
Non sequitur.

Shut downs have become pretty regular. But, we wouldn't have had this problem had the Democratic Party not been douche-bags ensuring his election to begin with.

We went 5 years almost without one..now we get 3 in one year.

you are a fucking moron.

They have their unions to fall back on and they will get their back pay when this ends. 365 days a year they leech off the producing folks, so my sympathies are not so much with them

Sitting on your ass with your thump up your rear, refusing to do anything and vowing to oppose anything anyone else does is real WEAKNESS.

And I wish Trump would get his thumb out of his ass and show some leadership.

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible. Donald J Trump

"You have to get everybody in a room. You have to be a leader. The president has to lead. He has to get (the Speaker of the House) and everybody else in a room, and they have to make a deal. You have to be nice and be angry and be wild and cajole and do all sorts of things, but you have to get a deal.

"And, unfortunately, he has never been a dealmaker. That wasn't his expertise before he went into politics and it's obviously not his expertise now. But you have to get the people in a room and you have to get a deal."
Donald J Trump

And my favorite...

upload_2018-12-22_8-25-16.png

Not so true after all! :21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Shutdowns happen NOT because people lead and work together for the common good. Shutdowns happen when those who selfishly seek individual / party power over that common good engage in obstructionism.

Non sequitur.
Trump knows as long as we don’t have an secure border, which we obviously don’t... not even close.
He will lose all of his support

We went 5 years almost without one..now we get 3 in one year.
We need more...

And I wish Trump would get his thumb out of his ass and show some leadership.
President Trump is acting, leading...

The only action the Democrats are taking is obstruction, opposition of what is in the greater good for all in favor of what they deem best for the party.

you are a fucking moron.

I think Eagle laid it out pretty clearly. Just because you are laid off from the government doesn't mean you can't find work in the meantime. In fact if anything, two incomes (when you finally get backpay from the government) will allow you to save money so THAT YOU DO have backup money next time or for an emergency. It might be a blessing in disguise.

My father was a bricklayer. Up north, you can't lay brick in the winter time. So every winter he had to take off. Yes, he got unemployment, but that didn't pay like it does today, and he was raising a family of five.

Pop worked as much as he could during the summer months. Just like a squirrel gathers nuts before winter, pop saved as much money as he could to hold us over the winter into spring.

As for myself, I always have backup money. In an emergency, I have outstanding credit I could also use. I could live for months without a paycheck if I'm getting reimbursed after my vacation. Just take that huge check and send it to the credit card company or your equity loan.....whatever credit you decided to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back