Trump says foreign college graduates should automatically get green cards

Only if they get a job.

If they're living on welfare, send them back. :p

They just graduated from a top American university. Not only would they have a job, they'd have a middle class job and no student loans - all of their tuition is fully paid for before they're allowed to enter the country to go to school.

The USA doesn't have enough good middle class jobs for all of your own college graduates, and the average American student is leaving school with $50,000 in student debt. Trump is going to give the top level American jobs to the foreign students, leaving American students unemployed, and in debt.

The USA is awash in jobs, but not what my mother would call "good jobs" - jobs that will support a family and a middle class life. Due to automation, there are fewer of these jobs today - as a percentage of all jobs, than when the Boomers graduated.

There is s learning curve

And since its a downward spiral I’m in no hurry to join you in the pits

But unfortunately our political system is trending that way
It’s only trending that way because of a refusal to face facts by the MAGA crowd. I’m tired of arguing about what they are and am only interested in stating what they are and ridiculing anyone that tries to say different without exhaustive evidence.
#HANDOVERPLAYED

Why wouldn't they?

No universal health care, lots of gun crime, violence, political instability, health care for women pollution.

Why live in a foreign country where you're a racial minority and treated as a second class citizen, when you're part of the young artistoracy in your home country with all of the advantages of wealth and privilege?

The USA isn't all that and a bag of peanuts unless you're a rich white male.

It’s only trending that way because of a refusal to face facts by the MAGA crowd. I’m tired of arguing about what they are and am only interested in stating what they are and ridiculing anyone that tries to say different without exhaustive evidence.
#HANDOVERPLAYED
Again, to each his own

I like trump policies over what biden is capable of

They just graduated from a top American university. Not only would they have a job, they'd have a middle class job and no student loans - all of their tuition is fully paid for before they're allowed to enter the country to go to school.

The USA doesn't have enough good middle class jobs for all of your own college graduates, and the average American student is leaving school with $50,000 in student debt. Trump is going to give the top level American jobs to the foreign students, leaving American students unemployed, and in debt.

The USA is awash in jobs, but not what my mother would call "good jobs" - jobs that will support a family and a middle class life. Due to automation, there are fewer of these jobs today - as a percentage of all jobs, than when the Boomers graduated.

Hey we agree on something. I am considering not voting for Trump

Ahh…, the conspiracies are neverending! The problem couldn’t be that Trump is a convicted felon, adjudicated rapist, Top Secret document thief, election manipulator, bankrupt businessman, corporate fraudster and on and on, could it? :dev3:

#THEDEVILISINTHEDETAILS
Never convicted or tried for rape. We can start with that democrat lie.

If they've graduated, and have not participated, or shown any connection with anti-America activities, then it sounds like a reasonable way to retain the kind of people America needs.

Trump is floating a policy that foreign students who come here for college and graduate with a degree should automatically receive a green card upon graduation. I’m curious what Trump’s supporters think about this proposal.

It just occurred to me that this proposal tells you what Trump really thinks of his voters. They wouldn’t be bothered by educated Europeans, because the average MAGA voter can’t hope to compete with them anyway?! Are they worried so much about the less-educated manual laborer immigrant, because Trump’s saying those are the ones with whom MAGA minions are competing?!

#DISRESPECT

Trump is floating a policy that foreign students who come here for college and graduate with a degree should automatically receive a green card upon graduation. I’m curious what Trump’s supporters think about this proposal.

Almost have to do it. The native population just keeps getting dumber.

So we do this, or we send them home and re-import them on HB1 Visas to do the jobs Americans are too stupid to do.

You’re correct that I dont belabor minor differences of opinion with my fellow conservatives/MAGAs

As I said, its impossible to agree 100% of the time
See, I understand you people. You’d rather argue about it with me than with each other.

Perhaps you should address the topic instead of speaking in a generalization, you know, a stereotype. Addtessing stereotypes you made, is on topic
Why am I not allowed to generalize? I notice that a lot of Trump supporters don’t like this idea. Why does it upset you when I point this out?

If they've graduated, and have not participated, or shown any connection with anti-America activities, then it sounds like a reasonable way to retain the kind of people America needs.

Anti-American activities??? Define "anti-American" activities. If you mean protests or demonstrations - those are protected by the First Amendment. Nothing "anti-American" about it at all.

What about the amnesty Biden just gave to the spouses of US citizens. Are you prepared to accept these people too.

Forum List

Back