Trump says Pelosi is responsible for January 6 debacle, J6 committee wouldn't question her

No more out of hand than hundreds of protests throughout the country in the year leading up to that protest.
Much more out of hand, going way beyond the mere monetary effects of other protests.

So you're calling the former Chief a liar?
I don’t believe he said that. Do you have a link?

But Sund’s account of the day has been disputed by a number of people, including the Sgt at Arms and the NG.

The phone records show he called the House Sgt at Arms 5 times between 12:58 and then four more phone calls in rapid succession over 17 minutes from 1:28 to 1:45.

I’m assuming all these calls were to the Sgt at Arms, but it could have been less.

For what it’s worth, Irving said that Sund didn’t clearly or officially request approval until 1:30 at which point Irving met with Stenger.

Pelosi can’t unilaterally approve anything. It all has to be done with the Senate leadership as well, along with the Capitol Architect who seems to have flown under the radar here too.

Most people didn’t know it was going to happen!

And for a lot of reasons.

One, Trump decided to tell his mob to go to the Capitol and kept that a secret from everyone. There were only supposed to be two quite small protests at the Capitol. No one knew the mob of tens of thousands would show up from the ellipse.

Two, Trump supporters (at least the hard core supporters that went to the Capitol) always talk in violent apocalyptic terms. That’s just how they are. Kind of crazy. But they didn’t ever really engage in any form of widespread violence.

Third, they did think that violence was possible and asked the NG to have a quick reaction force on standby which the military refused to deploy for hours after the request came in.
Really? So they asked the National Guard to have a "quick reaction force" on standby? Because of the threat of violence? Care to take a crack at explaining why they also told that force not to deploy with any of the riot equipment they would normally have used to quell a violent protest, Marener?

And the time line that day doesn't support your claim that it was Trump sending "tens of thousands" from the ellipse that sparked the riot! The truth is that the violence started well before Trump was even finished with his speech...you know the speech where he told them to protest PEACEFULLY!!!

I don’t believe he said that. Do you have a link?

But Sund’s account of the day has been disputed by a number of people, including the Sgt at Arms and the NG.

The phone records show he called the House Sgt at Arms 5 times between 12:58 and then four more phone calls in rapid succession over 17 minutes from 1:28 to 1:45.

I’m assuming all these calls were to the Sgt at Arms, but it could have been less.

For what it’s worth, Irving said that Sund didn’t clearly or officially request approval until 1:30 at which point Irving met with Stenger.

Pelosi can’t unilaterally approve anything. It all has to be done with the Senate leadership as well, along with the Capitol Architect who seems to have flown under the radar here too.
Simple to prove it. Subpoena the phone records. Bring in the former Chief and the former Sgt. at Arms...swear them in and then ask them under oath what happened and when it happened. Just so you know, Marener? If those phone calls HADN'T been made? You know as well as I do that Sund would have been immediately challenged on his statement by Pelosi. That didn't happen. Draw your own conclusions!

What in my statement isn't correct, Smokin? You say that I don't know how "it works"? Educate me.
"You think that Trump could have activated the National Guard unilaterally by claiming there was a "rebellion" before a protest even took place? How would that work"?

Evidently, according to teabaggers Trump did request the NG troops...........when?
And for what reason?

Simple to prove it. Subpoena the phone records. Bring in the former Chief and the former Sgt. at Arms...swear them in and then ask them under oath what happened and when it happened. Just so you know, Marener? If those phone calls HADN'T been made? You know as well as I do that Sund would have been immediately challenged on his statement by Pelosi. That didn't happen. Draw your own conclusions!
As for what the former Chief "said"? If you haven't seen the interview that he did with Tucker Carlson I think it would behoove you to watch it. Sund is one very pissed off individual. He doesn't know why he wasn't told about the intelligence the FBI was getting about potential violence that day and he's outraged that he couldn't get help for his officers as the riot was taking place.

"You think that Trump could have activated the National Guard unilaterally by claiming there was a "rebellion" before a protest even took place? How would that work"?

Evidently, according to teabaggers Trump did request the NG troops...........when?
And for what reason?
He didn't request them...he offered them to help secure the Capitol. That offer was turned down because the Democrats in charge of security didn't like the "optics" of that! For what reason? Trump was worried about violence breaking out at the protest. Why wasn't the Mayor of DC worried about the same thing? Why wasn't Nancy Pelosi?

Really? So they asked the National Guard to have a "quick reaction force" on standby? Because of the threat of violence? Care to take a crack at explaining why they also told that force not to deploy with any of the riot equipment they would normally have used to quell a violent protest, Marener?

And the time line that day doesn't support your claim that it was Trump sending "tens of thousands" from the ellipse that sparked the riot! The truth is that the violence started well before Trump was even finished with his speech...you know the speech where he told them to protest PEACEFULLY!!!
The Pentagon put the limits on the National Guard, not Capitol police.

Trump was urging people to head to the Capitol in the first 15 minutes of his speech.

Violence didn’t break out until at least 30 minutes later.

We have the phone records and the testimony. I posted the link referencing it.

I still haven’t seen you give a link showing where Sund said what you’re claiming. I think you probably have it wrong.

The Pentagon put the limits on the National Guard, not Capitol police.

Trump was urging people to head to the Capitol in the first 15 minutes of his speech.

Violence didn’t break out until at least 30 minutes later.

Let me give you a piece of advice, Marener! When you're trying to get to the truth in something? Don't use a news source as biased as Business Insider, reporting on what happened two days after it happened. The truth of what took place on Jan. 6th took a long time to slowly come out.

Trump was urging people to go to the Capitol and protest peacefully when violence was already taking place at the Capitol. I know you on the left WANT to put the blame on Trump for the riot but that was never going to hold up in a court of law!

The Chief of the Capitol Police testified that he called the Sgt at Arm's office 30 times over a 90 minute period of time while the Capitol Police were being overwhelmed because they needed approval to deploy the National Guard. He was told that they wouldn't give that approval unless Pelosi said it was OK. Why would it have taken Nancy an hour and a half to give her OK? Simple question. Why hasn't it been asked of Pelosi?
The old hag will have to answer that question when Trump forces her to testify.

As for what the former Chief "said"? If you haven't seen the interview that he did with Tucker Carlson I think it would behoove you to watch it. Sund is one very pissed off individual. He doesn't know why he wasn't told about the intelligence the FBI was getting about potential violence that day and he's outraged that he couldn't get help for his officers as the riot was taking place.
Everyone should be pissed that the Trump administration failed to warn the Capitol Police about the indications they had for widespread violence.

I agree with you on that.

We have the phone records and the testimony. I posted the link referencing it.

I still haven’t seen you give a link showing where Sund said what you’re claiming. I think you probably have it wrong.

Watch it and tell me what I'm getting wrong, Marener.

Let me give you a piece of advice, Marener! When you're trying to get to the truth in something? Don't use a news source as biased as Business Insider, reporting on what happened two days after it happened. The truth of what took place on Jan. 6th took a long time to slowly come out.
Are you saying that the Capitol Police Chief Sund is a liar? He was the source!

Do you ever notice you never provide anything to back up your claims?

Watch it and tell me what I'm getting wrong, Marener.

So you complain about me producing biased links but you post Tucker Carlson?

What hypocrisy.

It’s an hour long, I’m a busy person. When does he say he called the Sgt at Arms 30 times?

Trump was urging people to go to the Capitol and protest peacefully
He said that line once about 15 minutes into his spiel, then he spent the next hour using a range of inciteful rhetoric that was the culmination of two months of "thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country" as McConnell said. The Neo-GOP then "feign surprise when people believe him and do reckless things.”

No chance.
Marener will repeat The Narrative.

He didn't request them...he offered them to help secure the Capitol.

Jan. 6 committee yet again debunks Trump claim of 10000 ...​

1695060639903.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2023/01/04 › jan-...

Jan 4, 2023 — Trump keeps claiming he requested 10000 troops to protect the Capitol on Jan. 6, but interviews show that's not true.
That offer was turned down because the Democrats in charge of security didn't like the "optics" of that!
WHY would Trump "offer' NG troops to a "protest" that Trump and his cult "swear" was "peaceful"?
For what reason? Trump was worried about violence breaking out at the protest.
Really?
So why didn't Trump order extra security?
Why wasn't the Mayor of DC worried about the same thing? Why wasn't Nancy Pelosi?
How were they to know, one of many Trump pity rallies were to become violent on that day?

So you complain about me producing biased links but you post Tucker Carlson?

What hypocrisy.

It’s an hour long, I’m a busy person. When does he say he called the Sgt at Arms 30 times?
With all due respect, Marener? It's not that it's a biased link (which Business Insider totally is!) it's that it's a biased link from two days after the riot when very little was known about what took place behind the scenes leading up to Jan. 6th and on that day. Why aren't you using a source that's better informed?

Forum List

Back