Trump seems like a Deer in the Headlights since Biden dropped out

And

Most peope who take government assistance in general work full time.
You can make money but not much and get TANF.

In my state, a family of 3 is edible
If the family income is less that $1400/mo. At minimum wage about 21 hrs/wk.
And if you have less $6000 in cash or other liquid assets.
And if you own a vehicle, the value must less than $10,000

TANF is reduced:
By the amount you receive in unemployment or other social welfare payments
If you get a job, half of what earn.

You can make money but not much and get TANF.

In my state, a family of 3 is edible
If the family income is less that $1400/mo. At minimum wage about 21 hrs/wk.
And if you have less $6000 in cash or other liquid assets.
And if you own a vehicle, the value must less than $10,000

TANF is reduced:
By the amount you receive in unemployment or other social welfare payments
If you get a job, half of what earn.
True, but TANF is not the only government assistance people use. I was being more general.

TANF is definitely not living the high life.

Unfortunately, not.
Being a first time offender he could be sentenced to just 2yrs. However that would likely be overturned.

Probably the worst sentence would be 2 yrs suspended and 2 yrs probation and x hours of public service. That would cause him lots of problem.
The judge could fine him but for 34 felony convictions that would be considered a real mockery of justice.

For most of the other 1900 class 1 felony convictions last year, the only option is prison. If you got enough political influence and enough money, there are always other options.

True, but TANF is not the only government assistance people use. I was being more general.

TANF is definitely not living the high life.
But if you are receiving other benefits such as SSI, unemployment, earned income credit, child support, etc, they often reduce TANF to nearly nothing.

Some years ago, the church I was attending provided help for the homeless. The police picked up a young girl in a raid on a prostitution ring.. Since she had two young children, charges were not pressed. The police determined that she was from Bosnia which was at war at that time, and she was brought into the country illegally and sold into a prostitution ring. Since there was a war going on, she could not be returned to Bosnia. To make a long story short, a cop called the church and asked if we could help. We were able to find her a small studio apt and got her some used furniture but the big problem was she had no money and did not know anyone in the US to help her. She also could speak only a few words of English. We got her in touch with the state DHS and they found the only program she qualified for was TANF because she was brought into the country as a minor. DHS really helped. They found an immigration lawyer that helped her get into the asylum program.

My point is TANF is often a life saver and that is not just a figure of speech.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back