Trump sides with Democrats on debt ceiling

Has any legislation passed that I missed?

If not, this is all just political posturing and talk.

In politics as in life - "Talk is Cheap".

Sure, Kid. Trump totally didn't fold.

DId he?

Please link to the new legislation.

Thanks in advance.

Listen to the audio of Trump himself.

Trump Cuts Deal With 'Nancy & Chuck' On Debt Ceiling, Budget And More

All of the sudden there is not doubt, debt ceiling is automatic. Now, McConnell and Ryan might do something to kill raising the debt ceiling but then you're depending on the Republican establishment to get your way, Trump is going to sign any debt ceiling increase.

:badgrin:

Get my way? What is my way?

I'm generally speaking about the wingnut base who think the U.S. defaulting on it's debt is fun.

DId he?

Thanks in advance.

All of the sudden there is not doubt, debt ceiling is automatic. Now, McConnell and Ryan might do something to kill raising the debt ceiling but then you're depending on the Republican establishment to get your way, Trump is going to sign any debt ceiling increase.

McConnell won't kill any debt ceiling increase. His father in law would not approve.

What may be interesting is if Trump thinks he can cut a deal with the dems over tax reform. Trump's been consistent on cutting the corp rate (which I agree with btw) in exchange for bringing in more off shore profits that would be taxed in the future. It's a short term deficit aimed at longer term larger overall revenues.

The gop (and Trump) has been inconsistent on personal rates. Overall there's a mood to eliminate tax breaks and lower rates. Ryan talks a good game, but his plans seem to favor the 1%. The typical trickle down bullshit. Hate him or not, Bannon is not of "that ilk." He knows who butters his bread. Maybe Trump also knows that if it were up to the Ryans, he would not be potus.

And Rubio at one time was in favor of tax cuts for workers. And if Trump loses in 20, I expect to vote for him in 2024 ... If I'm alive. LOL

DAMN !!! I hate to say told you so,

but

I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!!!!!!

what say ye NOW Fucktardians ? Don Cheeto just keeps shittin' on your shoes, and you just keep licking it off, and beg him to do it again.

DId he?

Thanks in advance.

McConnell won't kill any debt ceiling increase. His father in law would not approve.

What may be interesting is if Trump thinks he can cut a deal with the dems over tax reform. Trump's been consistent on cutting the corp rate (which I agree with btw) in exchange for bringing in more off shore profits that would be taxed in the future. It's a short term deficit aimed at longer term larger overall revenues.

The gop (and Trump) has been inconsistent on personal rates. Overall there's a mood to eliminate tax breaks and lower rates. Ryan talks a good game, but his plans seem to favor the 1%. The typical trickle down bullshit. Hate him or not, Bannon is not of "that ilk." He knows who butters his bread. Maybe Trump also knows that if it were up to the Ryans, he would not be potus.

And Rubio at one time was in favor of tax cuts for workers. And if Trump loses in 20, I expect to vote for him in 2024 ... If I'm alive. LOL

I think Trump wants the debt ceiling raised for one reason and one reason only. Shutting down the government is very unpopular and when the blame goes to one person then it's going to be very lonely for Trump.

However, what Trump has done by throwing a cold shoulder to the Republicans is given up on his wall, or anything where the establishment GOP isn't already 100% behind. Personally I think McConnell is counting on Mueller to take care of his problems for him.

As for lowering corporate tax rates, it's meaningless unless you deal with all the loopholes. As far as personal rates, every stripe of Republican wants to send the money in one direction and in a world that is now so lopsided by wealth inequality the GOP position is unforgivable.

DAMN !!! I hate to say told you so,

but

I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!!!!!!

what say ye NOW Fucktardians ? Don Cheeto just keeps shittin' on your shoes, and you just keep licking it off, and beg him to do it again.

A masochistic herd they are.

DId he?

Thanks in advance.

I'm generally speaking about the wingnut base who think the U.S. defaulting on it's debt is fun.

Fair enough. But nobody thinks it is "fun".

Fiscal conservative believe the National Debt is unsustainable and spending needs to be curtailed (as long as it's not DEFENSE!!) . Democrats and "progressives" want to keep spending and raise taxes (TO HELP THE POOR!!). Both are full of shit.

The reality is we are way past the point where any of it matters. We will default on our obligations at some point. No politician wants it to be on their watch, so they will keep kicking the can down the road, until we run out of road.

“I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me,” Trump told Norah O’Donnell in an interview that aired on “CBS This Morning.” “I’ve made a fortune by using debt, and if things don’t work out I renegotiate the debt. I mean, that’s a smart thing, not a stupid thing.”

" It will be easy, so easy "

yup, just fold up like a cheap card table and raise the debt ceiling - nothing to it.

DId he?

Thanks in advance.

Fair enough. But nobody thinks it is "fun".

Fiscal conservative believe the National Debt is unsustainable and spending needs to be curtailed (as long as it's not DEFENSE!!) . Democrats and "progressives" want to keep spending and raise taxes (TO HELP THE POOR!!). Both are full of shit.

The reality is we are way past the point where any of it matters. We will default on our obligations at some point. No politician wants it to be on their watch, so they will keep kicking the can down the road, until we run out of road.

No, I think you guys do this for fun. I can't imagine anybody would be serious about not increasing the debt ceiling.

It's like putting all your groceries on your credit card and then not paying the bill.

This is me still dead from surprise..

F2L3937FB7FC43T.MEDIUM.gif

Really? He flip flops so often that he's going to agree with the Democrats on quite a bit most likely. Hell, if the Democrats had Congress then I could see him supporting single payer...you know, like he did before but now doesn't....or does he?
The dems are making the GOP look bad, shhh...

Really? He flip flops so often that he's going to agree with the Democrats on quite a bit most likely. Hell, if the Democrats had Congress then I could see him supporting single payer...you know, like he did before but now doesn't....or does he?
The dems are making the GOP look bad, shhh...

It's really not a difficult thing to do.

DId he?

Thanks in advance.

Oh-oh, senate has passed the legislation, now off to the house and finally Trump's signature to raise the debt ceiling. All appears to be going as planned for Schumer, Pelosi and the Orange turd.

Bwuhahaha....

Snowflakes have done everything they can to impeach Trump while insulting him for being a 'Republican'...and sfter he sides with Democrats (called bipartisanly crossing the aisle) snowflakes continue to insult and attack him....

'Damned if you don't, damned if you do'.

Silly, confused, butt-hurt snowflakes...

:p

Bwuhahaha....

Snowflakes have done everything they can to impeach Trump while insulting him for being a 'Republican'...and sfter he sides with Democrats (called bipartisanly crossing the aisle) snowflakes continue to insult and attack him....

'Damned if you don't, damned if you do'.

Silly, confused, butt-hurt snowflakes...

Actually, Democrats haven't done everything they can to impeach Trump, waiting on the 3 investigations to conclude first then we'll see.

In the meantime, Trump has sided with Democrats to raise the debt ceiling, something that he emphatically was against previously. He's a tool and the Trumpbots still can't guzzle down his jizz fast enough.

Actually, Democrats haven't done everything they can to impeach Trump, waiting on the 3 investigations to conclude first then we'll see.
Dear, the scams have been exposed as the lies they are. The liberal media has even abandoned talking about them. It's over.

Over a year - ZERO EVIDENCE..

AGAINST REPUBLICANS.

Democrat criminals exposed?
Obama
Hillary
Huma
Rice
Lynch
Comey
Clapper
Brennan
Wasserman-Schultz
Koskinen...

Dear, the scams have been exposed as the lies they are. The liberal media has even abandoned talking about them. It's over.

Over a year - ZERO EVIDENCE..

AGAINST REPUBLICANS.

Democrat criminals exposed?
Obama
Hillary
Huma
Rice
Lynch
Comey
Clapper
Brennan
Wasserman-Schultz
Koskinen...

Poor baby, going off topic making shit up so you don't have to talk about Trump abandoning his base.

Forum List

Back