Trump stiffs El Paso for $470,000 cost of his rally

"
The exact number is $470,417.05, broken down by reimbursements owed to six departments:

Department of Aviation: $6,286.57 Fire Department: $60,630.84 Health Department: $528 Streets & Maintenance: $6,452 Sun Metro: $15,577.52 Police Department: $380,942.12"

I tell you what, them numbers seem padded like a mofo! I bet it doesn't cost that much to have every officer out on any given day any other time, that's bullshit!
No way police need to be paid that much for 48 hours or less, something's crooked.

A tale of 2 invoices: Beto O'Rourke pays El Paso, while Donald Trump's campaign still owes $470,000
Trump is a deadbeat

"
The exact number is $470,417.05, broken down by reimbursements owed to six departments:

Department of Aviation: $6,286.57 Fire Department: $60,630.84 Health Department: $528 Streets & Maintenance: $6,452 Sun Metro: $15,577.52 Police Department: $380,942.12"

I tell you what, them numbers seem padded like a mofo! I bet it doesn't cost that much to have every officer out on any given day any other time, that's bullshit!
No way police need to be paid that much for 48 hours or less, something's crooked.

A tale of 2 invoices: Beto O'Rourke pays El Paso, while Donald Trump's campaign still owes $470,000
Trump is a deadbeat
I don't pay fraudulent bills, either.

Even if all the police were on call and they all make $40 an hour for 48 hours, it's still only 192,000. It appears that price was doubled. (El Paso has around 1k police)

Not all cops make $40/hr.

it is amazing to pay premium prices for protecting that fat ass sob - a couple of Walmart security guards would have done just fine .....

Oh! Looky here what the mayor said:

"though he said U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, the El Paso Democrat who outraised U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in the last reporting period in his campaign to unseat him, would do a great job in the U.S. Senate."

El Paso mayor: Today's Texas Republican Party looks "totally different"

There's moar!

"
As the sixth-largest city in Texas — and the largest border city in Texas — the immigration debate before the Texas Legislature affects El Paso directly. Margo said if he were still a legislator he wouldn’t have voted for Senate Bill 4, which passed during the last legislative session and allows local law enforcement officers to question the immigration status of people they detain and arrest.

Margo described the city of El Paso as a “melting pot” and disagreed with President Trump’s intention to end family migration. He also said he’s not in favor of any expensive border wall."

I can see the source of the padded bill now. :rolleyes:

I doubt it's the Police Chief.

"though he said U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, the El Paso Democrat who outraised U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in the last reporting period in his campaign to unseat him, would do a great job in the U.S. Senate."

There's moar!

"
As the sixth-largest city in Texas — and the largest border city in Texas — the immigration debate before the Texas Legislature affects El Paso directly. Margo said if he were still a legislator he wouldn’t have voted for Senate Bill 4, which passed during the last legislative session and allows local law enforcement officers to question the immigration status of people they detain and arrest.

Margo described the city of El Paso as a “melting pot” and disagreed with President Trump’s intention to end family migration. He also said he’s not in favor of any expensive border wall."

RW idiots crack me up moar and moar every day -

Which way do Dimms want it, was Trumps rally 20 times bigger than betas, or was he overcharged?

Michael Glassner, the chief operating officer with the Trump campaign, regarding the unpaid invoice: "Since 2015, the Trump Campaign has held nearly 550 rallies all over the country, and this invoice is roughly 10 times the amount that a locality generally asks to be reimbursed. We are reviewing it."

LefTard Logic:
"I never bitch when wetbacks fuck our taxpayers over...but I always bitch when our President might."
Ignorant, fucked in the head whackos!

you never bitched when Trump handed farmers 20 billion in federal aid and fucked taxpayers either, so stfu.
Did you bitch when Obamacare fucked over most people and only benefited a few parasites?

Even if all the police were on call and they all make $40 an hour for 48 hours, it's still only 192,000. It appears that price was doubled. (El Paso has around 1k police)

Not all cops make $40/hr.

it is amazing to pay premium prices for protecting that fat ass sob - a couple of Walmart security guards would have done just fine .....

A) Most police make less than $40.hr

B) Not all police were on duty during that time.

Cost of rallies:

Beta Cuck: $28k
Trump: $470k

How humiliating for Bob the Cuck.

How exactly is paying one's bills "humiliating"?

Essplain this to the class, before I pay my electric bill.

Ethics ---- gitchew some. Find out what they are first.

Where does padding bills fall in the category of ethics? Also, the government showing favoritism.

It falls right around the same place as pulling accusations out of your ass and waiving them around without a shred of evidence.

Ask yourself this: How long did that rally last from beginning to end? Add in arrivals, security, the whole 9, then tell me you can justify $380K for 1000 police to be working for 48 hours or less. That's their entire police force, which I'm sure not all were on duty. That is a bill-padding if I've ever seen one.

All you are offering is speculation, not evidence. It's not uncommon for extra police to be pulled in from other jurisdictions for a Presidential visit, if there is a need that exceeds the local department's manpower. Occam's razor tells us that is a more likely explanation.

I agree, the total is higher than I might have expected. But for you to make the accusation that the city intentionally is inflating the bill demands evidence, not conjecture.

I hope Trump doesn’t use his main course fork for the salad while visiting the queen.

Nuclear war with UK for sure!

Cost of rallies:

Where does padding bills fall in the category of ethics? Also, the government showing favoritism.

It falls right around the same place as pulling accusations out of your ass and waiving them around without a shred of evidence.

Ask yourself this: How long did that rally last from beginning to end? Add in arrivals, security, the whole 9, then tell me you can justify $380K for 1000 police to be working for 48 hours or less. That's their entire police force, which I'm sure not all were on duty. That is a bill-padding if I've ever seen one.

All you are offering is speculation, not evidence. It's not uncommon for extra police to be pulled in from other jurisdictions for a Presidential visit, if there is a need that exceeds the local department's manpower. Occam's razor tells us that is a more likely explanation.

I agree, the total is higher than I might have expected. But for you to make the accusation that the city intentionally is inflating the bill demands evidence, not conjecture.

It's a big city and they spend $405K daily on police, so it could be correct. Just seems like a lot of money.

"

Trump is a deadbeat

Trump is a freeloader
Worse than a welfare fraud

"

Trump is a deadbeat

Trump is a freeloader

Proof?

"

Trump is a deadbeat

Trump is a freeloader

Proof?

There's moar!

"

Non sequitur?

Same question ---- why are you trying to find excuses for theft?

Cost of rallies:

It's a noble venture when a wag who's too paranoid to leave his own house purports to audit the expenses of an entire city which is two thousand miles away.

Poster please. Nobody buys this shit.

Forum List

Back