Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

Yes, so now everyone has to chip in a little, right?
Correct. Everybody pays more than they paid before. For some people it is a little more. For some people it is a lot more. But it is “affordable” to all. Lol People were getting a free ride for decades. The Affordable Care Act made the free ride a little less free. Everybody was pissed and it makes sense why.

From 2014-2016 republicans sent legislation to the floor that passed that eliminated the Affordable Care Act. It just had to be signed by President Obama. I believe they did it like 82 times but that number may be off. President Obama didn’t sign it one single time. After the 2016 election the house and the senate was still controlled by republicans. They held that control for 2 years yet never sent legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act to be signed by Donald Trump.

There is nothing confusing about that. As always, the Republicans love putting on a show but aren’t going to take any action ever.

Well, I think you're confusing. I wouldn't want to have conversations with you on a regular basis.

Correct. Everybody pays more than they paid before. For some people it is a little more. For some people it is a lot more. But it is “affordable” to all. Lol People were getting a free ride for decades. The Affordable Care Act made the free ride a little less free. Everybody was pissed and it makes sense why.

Okay, that made sense.

Well, I think you're confusing. I wouldn't want to have conversations with you on a regular basis.
People only get confused because my politics can’t be identified. You want me to be a conservative Republican or a liberal democrat.

I’m not retarded enough to identify as a conservative Republican. I’m not greedy enough to be a liberal democrat. I think that is what you find so confusing. I’m a Republican that is a fan of the Affordable Care Act. I am also a Republican that thinks the tax revenue that the federal government takes in should be more than the money it spends. That means higher taxes and lower spending. I am hated by both sides.

People only get confused because my politics can’t be identified. You want me to be a conservative Republican or a liberal democrat.

I’m not retarded enough to identify as a conservative Republican. I’m not greedy enough to be a liberal democrat. I think that is what you find so confusing. I’m a Republican that is a fan of the Affordable Care Act. I am also a Republican that thinks the tax revenue that the federal government takes in should be more than the money it spends. That means higher taxes and lower spending. I am hated by both sides.

Weird...

Isn't that kinda dumb after the last time he tried it?
I underestimated Trump in 2016. I thought Hillary had it in the bag. I overestimated him in 2020. I thought Trump had it in the bag. Hey. He’s no dummy. It might work.

In a year I can tell you if it was dumb or not. I’m not good at making predictions.

Do you pay for your own insurance on life/house/auto etc.?

What is the relevance to my remarks about the days prior to health insurance?

Insurance for tens of millions of people, and pre-existing condition guarantees, could be in jeopardy if the former president wins the 2024 election.

Donald Trump says he is still interested in repealing the Affordable Care Act, which means health care for tens of millions of people would be in jeopardy if he becomes president again next year.

Trump said Saturday on his website Truth Social that he was “looking at alternatives” to the 2010 health care law, also known as “Obamacare,” which has reduced the number of Americans without health insurance to historic lows and established basic guarantees of coverage for all Americans regardless of pre-existing conditions.

The vow echoes promises that Trump made as a first-time candidate and as president, when he and Republican leaders in Congress made repeal a top legislative priority.

That effort failed. It also proved spectacularly unpopular, fueling a backlash that eventually helped Democrats win back the House, the Senate and the White House. President Joe Biden, long a vocal supporter of the ACA, has since worked with Democrats to bolster the law.

Much more that the link below...

Trump Still Seems Set On Repealing A Law That Most Americans Like

Obamacare isn't perfect, but it has helped many Americans. In other words, the ACA hasn’t fixed American health care, but it’s helped a lot of people. What do you think?
That is a shame. I really thought Obamacare was such a great idea. It was a step in the right direction. We really need to move away from insurance being tied to a person's employer and instead have everyone to be on government run healthcare like a universal healthcare system, but I know Trump and the Republicans want to stop that.

Insurance for tens of millions of people, and pre-existing condition guarantees, could be in jeopardy if the former president wins the 2024 election.

Donald Trump says he is still interested in repealing the Affordable Care Act, which means health care for tens of millions of people would be in jeopardy if he becomes president again next year.

Trump said Saturday on his website Truth Social that he was “looking at alternatives” to the 2010 health care law, also known as “Obamacare,” which has reduced the number of Americans without health insurance to historic lows and established basic guarantees of coverage for all Americans regardless of pre-existing conditions.

The vow echoes promises that Trump made as a first-time candidate and as president, when he and Republican leaders in Congress made repeal a top legislative priority.

That effort failed. It also proved spectacularly unpopular, fueling a backlash that eventually helped Democrats win back the House, the Senate and the White House. President Joe Biden, long a vocal supporter of the ACA, has since worked with Democrats to bolster the law.

Much more that the link below...

Trump Still Seems Set On Repealing A Law That Most Americans Like

Obamacare isn't perfect, but it has helped many Americans. In other words, the ACA hasn’t fixed American health care, but it’s helped a lot of people. What do you think?
Trump: Odious bloviating dirtbag

The ACA: Grotesque farce

That is a shame. I really thought Obamacare was such a great idea. It was a step in the right direction. We really need to move away from insurance being tied to a person's employer and instead have everyone to be on government run healthcare like a universal healthcare system, but I know Trump and the Republicans want to stop that.
You people that think government run Healthcare is the solution are deceived. Government run anything is the most inefficient system there is.

ObamaCare should be repealed. It's terrible legislation and did not achieve its purpose, which anyone with half a brain knew it wouldn't. That said, Trump would never get it done. He had two years with a Republican Congress and didn't get it done. Just more empty promises to his dwindling cult.

It bent the cost curve, expanded insurance (and access) to tens of millions of Americans, and improved the quality of American health care. What more was it supposed to do?

They sure can turn Americans down. They did. My son now has Medicare. Stop lying to the forum.
Your son has Medicare because he’s old enough that he’s eligible you friggin moron .

That has nothing to do with Ocare. They can not turn down anyone . You’re an idiot

Forum List

Back