Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

The only part of Obamacare that’s good is people can’t be denied coverage for preexisting conditions, and Trump doesn’t want to change that.

Insurance for tens of millions of people, and pre-existing condition guarantees, could be in jeopardy if the former president wins the 2024 election.

Donald Trump says he is still interested in repealing the Affordable Care Act, which means health care for tens of millions of people would be in jeopardy if he becomes president again next year.

Trump said Saturday on his website Truth Social that he was “looking at alternatives” to the 2010 health care law, also known as “Obamacare,” which has reduced the number of Americans without health insurance to historic lows and established basic guarantees of coverage for all Americans regardless of pre-existing conditions.

The vow echoes promises that Trump made as a first-time candidate and as president, when he and Republican leaders in Congress made repeal a top legislative priority.

That effort failed. It also proved spectacularly unpopular, fueling a backlash that eventually helped Democrats win back the House, the Senate and the White House. President Joe Biden, long a vocal supporter of the ACA, has since worked with Democrats to bolster the law.

Much more that the link below...

Trump Still Seems Set On Repealing A Law That Most Americans Like

Obamacare isn't perfect, but it has helped many Americans. In other words, the ACA hasn’t fixed American health care, but it’s helped a lot of people. What do you think?

trump is a very stupid human being. He is attacking an issue that Dems hold a favorable advantage of 23 points on. He is threatening to take away the health care of tens of millions of Americans. And he has NEVER even offered an alternative.

trump's mouth always sinks him, as in this case. Next he will brag, again, about taking away women's health choices.

AND HE DOES NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE ACA!

I can understand why wealthy people might vote Republican, but when I see working-class people voting for Republicans, it doesn't make much sense. They're essentially voting against their own interests and propping up the interests of the rich at their own expense. The wealthy can afford to spend $10,000+ in deductibles to receive medical care, or even the ability to pay the whole medical bill, even if it's a million or two million dollars. The average Joe Republican will go bankrupt or will probably die due to a lack of resources. These working-class Republicans continue to hurt themselves. They're masochists.
I look at my evangelical brother and sisters and ask myself, how can they support an amoral human being like trump...whose values and words run antithetical to the teaching of Jesus. He is a fake Christian and a sociopath.

The only part of Obamacare that’s good is people can’t be denied coverage for preexisting conditions, and Trump doesn’t want to change that.
"Only part"

.it doesn't work that way. You also have to then implement price controls and controls on what percentage of their premiums they must pay out.

I can understand why wealthy people might vote Republican, but when I see working-class people voting for Republicans, it doesn't make much sense. They're essentially voting against their own interests and propping up the interests of the rich at their own expense. The wealthy can afford to spend $10,000+ in deductibles to receive medical care, or even the ability to pay the whole medical bill, even if it's a million or two million dollars. The average Joe Republican will go bankrupt or will probably die due to a lack of resources. These working-class Republicans continue to hurt themselves. They're masochists.
Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.

Of course he wants to change that, he attacked that provision throughout his presidency. First, legislatively in the ill-fated repeal attempt. Then administratively in expanding the availability of plans that can deny people coverage for pre-existing conditions. And finally in the courts, going all the way to the SCOTUS to try and get them to strike down that provision and bring back pre-existing condition exclusions (they declined to).

Cause, a cult is a cult is a cult. Hitler proved that ignorance can easily be used to his advantage. His words of nationalism and popularism are very close to what trump is saying today.

Yes. Lots of Americans would love to see America be America. It won’t ever happen but it’s going to be fun to watch Trump try for a few years if he wins. He won’t do it but some of the things he will do will be goddamn hillarious.

Just to watch the liberals cry, scream, and throw fits while Trump fucks over lots of bureaucrats will just bring so much joy to us. Let them fuckers squirm in agony. It’s gonna be fun. That my friend is why people vote for Trump. We passionately hate the bastards that destroyed America. We won’t get America back but we can punish the fuck out of those who destroyed America for at least a little while.

Last edited:
Perfect example of a blue collar deadbeat with no health insurance voting to cut off whatever little coverage could be doled out to them at a reduced price.

Not gonna lie, some of you deserve to lose, you keep voting to.
Once again, you post from a position of abject ignorance and then proclaim victory over your own straw man. Could you be any more weak and pathetic? Lol.

In the 1970s, Americans paid 1/10th for health care than today, and got better care from doctors they actually knew.

We need a complete obliteration of government in healthcare, which is a complete disaster and committed deliberate intentional mass murder with the Murderous Fraud Vax.

Go back to pay as you go, independent doctors, and walk away from the health insurance, corporate/government controlled disaster.

In the 1970s, Americans paid 1/10th for health care than today, and got better care from doctors they actually knew.

We need a complete obliteration of government in healthcare, which is a complete disaster and committed deliberate intentional mass murder with the Murderous Fraud Vax.

Go back to pay as you go, independent doctors, and walk away from the health insurance, corporate/government controlled disaster.
You want to set medicine back FIFTY years?

You want to set medicine back FIFTY years?

LOL!!!

It was MUCH BETTER AND CHEAPER THEN, so YES, I'll take 1970s healthcare vs. today.

What is the average American spending on healthcare today vs 1970s?

10 fold more to endlessly wait and fill out forms, and then get Dr. Pfizer's pill or shot...

Outlaw third party health insurance. If someone buys health insurance, they have to buy it themselves. Let’s see how many people earning $90,000 per year is going to pay $1,400.00 a month for health insurance. They won’t. Then the price will be forced to go down drastically in order for people to be stupid enough to buy it.

People don’t complain about the cost of health insurance. They complain about the cost they individually pay. Take the deception out of health insurance. Let people know what it really costs. They wouldn’t buy it. They just wouldn’t.

Government is only involved in insurance.

And your fantasies about health care in the nineteen seventies are far off base.

My dad had a brain tumor in 1984. The surgery costed hundreds of thousands of dollars. My parents paid $3,000.00. My parents had no health insurance. They maintained perfect credit. I don’t know what happened but it has me scratching my head.

How did these doctors get paid?

My dad had a brain tumor in 1984. The surgery costed hundreds of thousands of dollars. My parents paid $3,000.00. My parents had no health insurance. They maintained perfect credit. I don’t know what happened but it has me scratching my head.

How did these doctors get paid?
Likely a grant from a charity.

Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)​

Because...........wait for it...........gullible rubes are suckers for supporting the repeal of anything Obama did, even if it benefits them. It's the definition of voting against their self interests.

Forum List

Back