Trump Sues to Block Release of his Financials

Why Is Trump So Worried About His Finances Going Public? – Rolling Stone
trump-russia-interactive.jpg

"On Monday, the president went so far as to sue House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD), as well as his own accounting firm, in an attempt to block a subpoena of Trump’s accounting firm...."

"Cummings initially wrote Mazers USA, the accounting firm in question, seeking Trump’s financial records on March 20th, weeks after the president’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, testified publicly before the Oversight Committee that Trump had lied about his finances in an effort to mislead lenders.

"The company responded, Cummings said, by requesting a 'friendly' subpoena to formalize the process, after which it planned to comply with Congress.

"Last week, Trump’s attorneys tried to pressure Mazers USA into not honoring a subpoena from Cummings, writing that it 'would not be valid or enforceable.'"

Ready for the good part?

Trump wants Democrats to pay his legal bills in this obfuscation.

Is it simply taken for granted that this president holds himself above all legal accountability and Republicans will inevitably support him to the hilt?
Trumps financials are his business and only his business
Not since he moved into the White House.

Buyers tied to Russia, former Soviet republics paid $109 million cash for Trump properties

"Buyers connected to Russia or former Soviet republics made 86 all-cash sales — totaling nearly $109 million — at 10 Trump-branded properties in South Florida and New York City, according to a new analysis shared with McClatchy. Many of them made purchases using shell companies designed to obscure their identities."

Americans are entitled to know if Trump is conducting business in the national interest or in the interests of Trump, Inc.
maxresdefault.jpg

What's your guess?
/——/ My guess is you’ll never admit Hildabeast lost because she ran a lousy campaign.
/——/ My guess is you’ll never admit Hildabeast lost because she ran a lousy campaign
My guess is you were gullible enough to "choose" between Trump OR Hillary?
/----/ "My guess is you were gullible enough to "choose" between Trump OR Hillary?"
Hildabeast gave me no reason to vote for her. That cackling bitch has been an annoyance since she first set foot in the White House and tried to ram Hillarycare down our throats.

"On Monday, the president went so far as to sue House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-MD), as well as his own accounting firm, in an attempt to block a subpoena of Trump’s accounting firm...."

"Cummings initially wrote Mazers USA, the accounting firm in question, seeking Trump’s financial records on March 20th, weeks after the president’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, testified publicly before the Oversight Committee that Trump had lied about his finances in an effort to mislead lenders.

"The company responded, Cummings said, by requesting a 'friendly' subpoena to formalize the process, after which it planned to comply with Congress.

"Last week, Trump’s attorneys tried to pressure Mazers USA into not honoring a subpoena from Cummings, writing that it 'would not be valid or enforceable.'"

Ready for the good part?

Is it simply taken for granted that this president holds himself above all legal accountability and Republicans will inevitably support him to the hilt?

Buyers tied to Russia, former Soviet republics paid $109 million cash for Trump properties

"Buyers connected to Russia or former Soviet republics made 86 all-cash sales — totaling nearly $109 million — at 10 Trump-branded properties in South Florida and New York City, according to a new analysis shared with McClatchy. Many of them made purchases using shell companies designed to obscure their identities."

Americans are entitled to know if Trump is conducting business in the national interest or in the interests of Trump, Inc.
maxresdefault.jpg

What's your guess?
/——/ My guess is you’ll never admit Hildabeast lost because she ran a lousy campaign.
/——/ My guess is you’ll never admit Hildabeast lost because she ran a lousy campaign
/----/ "My guess is you were gullible enough to "choose" between Trump OR Hillary?"
Hildabeast gave me no reason to vote for her. That cackling bitch has been an annoyance since she first set foot in the White House and tried to ram Hillarycare down our throats.
Anyone that can be in and around government so many years and not have a basic understanding of how classified information is denoted, handled and who may have access to it is literally to stupid to be voted into any office where that type of information is. Anyone that has such a bad memory that claims not to remember 32 times in one interview does not need anything but a rest home. Anyone that steals from the White House while claiming they did not know needs to be taught the difference between stealing and proper ethics. Anyone who calls half the voting public deplorables and think they are anything but deplorable is not needed in a position of power. In short she should never have been considered for president

Ready for the good part?

Hahaha ha......ever hear of the 4th Amendment???

Just cuz he's a Republican and POTUS, doesn't mean you have the right to go rooting around in his bank accounts without probable-cause.

Ready for the good part?

Just cuz he's a Republican and POTUS, doesn't mean you have the right to go rooting around in his bank accounts without probable-cause.

The rats are jumping ship.
Don't wait too long.
"The Mueller Report Was My Tipping Point
I was a Trump transition staffer, and I’ve seen enough. It’s time for impeachment.

8:22 AM ET
J. W. Verret
Professor of law at George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School...."

"The Mueller report was that tipping point for me, and it should be for Republican and independent voters, and for Republicans in Congress. In the face of a Department of Justice policy that prohibited him from indicting a sitting president, Mueller drafted what any reasonable reader would see as a referral to Congress to commence impeachment hearings."

I Was a Trump Transition Staffer, and I’ve Seen Enough. It’s Time for Impeachment.

Ready for the good part?

maxresdefault.jpg

What's your guess?
"My guess is you were gullible enough to "choose" between Trump OR Hillary?"
Hildabeast gave me no reason to vote for her. That cackling bitch has been an annoyance since she first set foot in the White House and tried to ram Hillarycare down our throats
What "reason" did Trump provide to earn your support?
trumpslies.png

Honesty???
Every lie Trump has told as president, a very long list by the New York Times

Ready for the good part?

Don't wait too long.
I was a Trump transition staffer, and I’ve seen enough. It’s time for impeachment.

J. W. Verret

"The Mueller report was that tipping point for me, and it should be for Republican and independent voters, and for Republicans in Congress. In the face of a Department of Justice policy that prohibited him from indicting a sitting president, Mueller drafted what any reasonable reader would see as a referral to Congress to commence impeachment hearings."

I Was a Trump Transition Staffer, and I’ve Seen Enough. It’s Time for Impeachment.
So a disgruntled former staffer who admits hating Trump from the start takes one more shot at him, and this is big news to you?

Ready for the good part?

Don't wait too long.

J. W. Verret

So a disgruntled former staffer who admits hating Trump from the start takes one more shot at him, and this is big news to you?
So a disgruntled former staffer who admits hating Trump from the start takes one more shot at him, and this is big news to you
A life-long Republican who's served many different Republican administrations says Mueller's report tipped him towards impeachment:

"Let’s start at the end of this story. This weekend, I read Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report twice, and realized that enough was enough—I needed to do something.

"I’ve worked on every Republican presidential transition team for the past 10 years and recently served as counsel to the Republican-led House Financial Services Committee.

"My permanent job is as a law professor at the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, which is not political, but where my colleagues have held many prime spots in Republican administrations.

"If you think calling for the impeachment of a sitting Republican president would constitute career suicide for someone like me, you may end up being right. But I did exactly that this weekend, tweeting that it’s time to begin impeachment proceedings."

Has the "Red Don's" swamp made you oblivious to an ethical Republican's response to his corruption?

Ready for the good part?

Don't wait too long.

J. W. Verret

So a disgruntled former staffer who admits hating Trump from the start takes one more shot at him, and this is big news to you
A life-long Republican who's served many different Republican administrations says Mueller's report tipped him towards impeachment:

"Let’s start at the end of this story. This weekend, I read Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report twice, and realized that enough was enough—I needed to do something.

"I’ve worked on every Republican presidential transition team for the past 10 years and recently served as counsel to the Republican-led House Financial Services Committee.

"My permanent job is as a law professor at the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, which is not political, but where my colleagues have held many prime spots in Republican administrations.

"If you think calling for the impeachment of a sitting Republican president would constitute career suicide for someone like me, you may end up being right. But I did exactly that this weekend, tweeting that it’s time to begin impeachment proceedings."

Has the "Red Don's" swamp made you oblivious to an ethical Republican's response to his corruption?
This is the kind of bullshit you are reduced to posting when you have no evidence to support your biases.

Ready for the good part?

This is nothing more than a FISHING EXPEDITION...

In order for the House financial committee to obtain the tax records they must produce evidence of a crime and or legitimate legislative need. You have neither... You can now Fuck Off

Ready for the good part?

Don't wait too long.

J. W. Verret

I don't give a flying-fuck what some anonymous asshole says about Trump. We've been fed this horse dung for too long to fall for it any more.

Ready for the good part?

In order for the House financial committee to obtain the tax records they must produce evidence of a crime and or legitimate legislative need. You have neither... You can now Fuck Off
Mnuchin postpones decision on handing over Trump tax returns

"The request for Trump's tax filings is but one of many oversight efforts launched by Democrats after taking back the House in last fall's midterms. Neal is relying on a 1920s-era law that says the IRS 'shall furnish' any tax return requested by the chairmen of key House and Senate committees."
d6a3fdfe818d3d430b1c270d52bdcb23.jpg

In spite of what you're hearing in your echo chamber, Trump is NOT above the law (anymore)

Ready for the good part?

Don't wait too long.

J. W. Verret

I don't give a flying-fuck what some anonymous asshole says about Trump. We've been fed this horse dung for too long to fall for it any more.
How would you characterize Trump's message over his entire life?
trump-greed.png

Barbara Bush saw Trump as a 'symbol of greed'

Ready for the good part?

I hate to break it to you, but members of Congress don’t have rights to people’s financial and business records. If a law is broken, it’s up to law enforcement or the FBI to investigate, not some community organizers who worship Karl Marx.

The jealousy seems to be running strong with someone here. Again, Congress has NO legal right to Trump's tax returns. They have NO legal reason to get them. What part of that do you seem to be having trouble with?

Ready for the good part?

I hate to break it to you, but members of Congress don’t have rights to people’s financial and business records. If a law is broken, it’s up to law enforcement or the FBI to investigate, not some community organizers who worship Karl Marx.
170417155321-trump-tax-returns-cnnmoney-super-tease.jpeg

The 1924 law Dems may tap to see Trump's tax returns - CNNPolitics

"Donald Trump has reneged on a promise he made nearly four years ago to release his tax returns publicly. By keeping his returns hidden, he has broken the precedent every president and major party nominee for president has followed over the past 40 years. His actions also heighten concerns about what he could be hiding...."

"But the law could not be clearer: Congress’ tax committees have the authority to obtain Trump’s tax returns on request—and the U.S. Treasury Department has no basis for refusing. Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin would be violating the law if he directs the IRS to stonewall Congress."

President Trump Cannot Hide His Tax Returns From Congress - Center for American Progress

Ready for the good part?

"Donald Trump has reneged on a promise he made nearly four years ago to release his tax returns publicly. By keeping his returns hidden, he has broken the precedent every president and major party nominee for president has followed over the past 40 years. His actions also heighten concerns about what he could be hiding...."

"But the law could not be clearer: Congress’ tax committees have the authority to obtain Trump’s tax returns on request—and the U.S. Treasury Department has no basis for refusing. Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin would be violating the law if he directs the IRS to stonewall Congress."

President Trump Cannot Hide His Tax Returns From Congress - Center for American Progress
violates his privacy rights.

Ready for the good part?

His privacy rights don't extend to legitimate investigations of money laundering charges anymore than yours or mine.
26 U.S. Code § 6103 - Confidentiality and disclosure of returns and return information

Ready for the good part?

Mnuchin postpones decision on handing over Trump tax returns

"The request for Trump's tax filings is but one of many oversight efforts launched by Democrats after taking back the House in last fall's midterms. Neal is relying on a 1920s-era law that says the IRS 'shall furnish' any tax return requested by the chairmen of key House and Senate committees."
d6a3fdfe818d3d430b1c270d52bdcb23.jpg

In spite of what you're hearing in your echo chamber, Trump is NOT above the law (anymore)
Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

There are requirements/rules that must be followed. You cant just say you want to see them you fucking idiot!

Ready for the good part?

His privacy rights don't extend to legitimate investigations of money laundering charges anymore than yours or mine.
26 U.S. Code § 6103 - Confidentiality and disclosure of returns and return information
What evidence do they have of money laundering, or are they fishing for criminal activity. If their fishing then they could go into anyone's Tax Records including yours and mine.

Forum List

Back