Trump to Boeing - rebrand the 737

A Boeing 737 by any other name is still a 737. Facts coming out prove it was not the plane, but a combination of moron pilots and faulty equipment on the plane. Slack upkeep and pilots needing more training is Boeings fault how?

You know, while I thought that the tweet Trump did about the fire in Notre Dame was tone deaf and stupid, the tweet he did after that, telling Boeing to "rebrand" was even more so. He didn't acknowledge that there had been hundreds of people killed, just said that it had "some problems", and Boeing should put in some fancy upgrades, and rename the aircraft.

Not only do we have an idiot for a president, but he appears to have zero empathy as well.

Trump to Boeing: Rebrand 737 Max—But 'What the Hell Do I Know?'

President Donald Trump gave Boeing Co. a little advice Monday morning on Twitter. The company should fix its troubled 737 Max and choose a new name following the Ethiopian Air Lines and Lion Air Crashes.

What do I know about branding, maybe nothing (but I did become President!), but if I were Boeing, I would FIX the Boeing 737 Max, add some additional great features, & REBRAND the plane with a new name,” Trump said on Twitter. “No product has suffered like this one. But again, what the hell do I know?

Two crashes of the plane — Lion Air flight 610 in October off the coast of Indonesia and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 in March outside Addis Ababa — killed a combined 346 people and led to a global grounding of the jet. Preliminary investigations have pointed to problems with an anti-stall feature.
notre dame was stupid - him being off the cuff and not thinking it through. he's obviously never seen Always with Richard Dryfuss, Holly Hunter and John Goodman, huh?

but he is right on this.

but hey - trump tweeted - let the bitching commence.

You know, while I thought that the tweet Trump did about the fire in Notre Dame was tone deaf and stupid, the tweet he did after that, telling Boeing to "rebrand" was even more so. He didn't acknowledge that there had been hundreds of people killed, just said that it had "some problems", and Boeing should put in some fancy upgrades, and rename the aircraft.

Not only do we have an idiot for a president, but he appears to have zero empathy as well.

President Donald Trump gave Boeing Co. a little advice Monday morning on Twitter. The company should fix its troubled 737 Max and choose a new name following the Ethiopian Air Lines and Lion Air Crashes.

What do I know about branding, maybe nothing (but I did become President!), but if I were Boeing, I would FIX the Boeing 737 Max, add some additional great features, & REBRAND the plane with a new name,” Trump said on Twitter. “No product has suffered like this one. But again, what the hell do I know?

Two crashes of the plane — Lion Air flight 610 in October off the coast of Indonesia and Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 in March outside Addis Ababa — killed a combined 346 people and led to a global grounding of the jet. Preliminary investigations have pointed to problems with an anti-stall feature.
/—-/ Products are rebranded all the time numbnuts.

He's not employed by Boeing, he's supposed to be doing the job of president, and so far, he's not doing such a great job. Being more concerned about the product than the people that the product killed is a bad look.

He was just looking for another way to brag about himself, and it could backfire on him, especially if the families of those killed get offended.

He is doing an incredible job.

I think Obama tried to rebrand terrorist acts as "man-made disasters". Sometimes you need a fresh start

/—-/ Products are rebranded all the time numbnuts.

Products are rebranded because the original one wasn't selling ------ not because two of them slaughtered 346 people.
/——/ Cigarettes ever kill anyone? Can you tell us what company rebranded as Altria? The Official Altria Group Website - Altria

I find the idea of an aircraft with an inherent instability that requires sensors and software to control a frightening idea.
Obviously you aren't familiar with how extremely unstable modern jet fighter aircraft are without onboard computers? .... :cool:

I am aware of the issues with fighter aircraft. And I can understand the need to have a level of instability in modern transport aircraft. But as an old pilot from pre-computer controlled aircraft days, I really like the idea of having the ability to take the computer out of the system and provide the pilot with full control.

A Boeing 737 by any other name is still a 737. Facts coming out prove it was not the plane, but a combination of moron pilots and faulty equipment on the plane. Slack upkeep and pilots needing more training is Boeings fault how?

Actually yeah it is. When a Boeing or an Airbus or anybody else designs a plane they write a manual for it, a quite extensive one, detailing what to do in every conceivable situation, specific to that plane.. And the faulty equipment is uh, part of that plane.

We have spent decades with forced quotas and affirmative action. We have spent decades spieling against white males. We have spent decades changing our education system into social justice and grievances. Boeing has made hundreds of billions of dollars in profits and more off of the taxpayer in pure crony capitalism. But they also have to play by those rules as who graduates colleges with excellence and who to hire. We see the result and put our heads into the sand. Haters I tell you. I believe as an example that technology was given to our unmanned space missions from what we spent on the past from defense departments to hide the reduction of excellence. I believe Elon Musk has been afforded the same but his book of rules to succeed because of government PC/quotas is like a hundred pages while Boeing is a thousand pages and NASA is ten thousand pages. You can do this with most everything in government but last week I saw the NASA chief and Pence with some PC/quota people behind them talking about putting a small space station around the moon and moon landings from it. For what we spent we should be at least circling Mars with people.

Lol, you got that off rush Limbaugh. Gay.

Actually yeah it is. When a Boeing or an Airbus or anybody else designs a plane they write a manual for it, a quite extensive one, detailing what to do in every conceivable situation, specific to that plane.. And the faulty equipment is uh, part of that plane.
/—-/ Back in the 70s, my first job in NY was preparing traninh manuals for Grumman planes.

It’s obvious that you should you handle it. You are so much smarter.

The EU and even the American Left smells blood and they're in full "Kill Boeing" mode.

Posting Youtube videos left and right (with comments DISabled) dramatizing the 737 incident.

Anything and everything to bring America down.

That said, I'm still hoping Boeing bounces back.

Forum List

Back