Trump Will Be Impeached

The time has come for Trump.

Trump Will Be Impeached
Ambassador William Taylor’s testimony sealed the deal.
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

Remember when I said last week that October 17 was the worst day of the Trump presidency? Well, October 22 and has now come along to break the record. This is the day that, I think, has ensured Donald Trump’s impeachment. Not his removal. But impeachment will be bad enough.

Today’s key sentence: “Ambassador Sondland said, ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance.”

It comes from the testimony of acting U.S. ambassador to the Ukraine William Taylor before House impeachment investigators, and it instantly makes all but impossible the task of anyone seeking to defend Trump against the charge that he held up American military aid to Ukraine to secure a political advantage in the 2020 election.

There were three defenses of Trump following the revelations of the “whistleblower” and the phone-call transcript of the conversation between the presidents of the United States and Ukraine. The first was that he is only interested in investigating corruption relating to the 2016 election. The second is that even though Trump himself said he wanted the Ukranian to do him a favor, there was no quid pro quo. The third is that the only thing Trump was trading for was a White House visit, which is no great shakes.

There’s no need to talk about the “whistleblower” and his findings any longer, and there’s no need for the whistleblower to be heard any further. We have a veteran U.S. diplomat on the record saying that a Trump intimate told him Trump was holding up Congressionally authorized and appropriated military aid to Ukraine because he wanted a public statement from the Zelensky government that it was investigating Joe Biden’s son.

Taylor said this of a September 1 phone call with Gordon Sondland, our ambassador to the European Union about the $275 million in U.S. security assistance to Ukraine as well as a possible meeting between Trump and Ukranian president Zelensky:

“Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. election. Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations—in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy ‘in a public box’ by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.”

Ambassador William Taylor’s Testimony Ensured Trump’s Impeachment

Trump has a guest coming to visit
th

And he doesn't worry about invitations
However appropriate and warranted, impeaching Trump is pointless.

I disagree. The Congress will pass articles of impeachment, and prior to that vote, they will have revealed the evidence in terms of televised testimony and documents posted on the H. of Rep. website.

The evidence to allege high crimes will be beyond a reasonable doubt, or the articles would never have passed.
what articles? there's been no articles passed. you're on fking drugs druggie.

cause kremlin style double secret investigation is what our country was founded on,

So you say that the Democrats are not allowing their Republican counterparts in these closed door sessions? I thought only Republicans had used the power of one sided interviews when investigation a President.
first, yes the republicans are not allowed to participate. fact.

two, the impeachment of clinton was not secret and demofks were allowed to question witnesses. Feel free to post up something different if i am in error there.

What evidence do you have that Republican members of these committees are no being given fair time to question the witnesses?
they said so? No demofk said they're lying.

cause kremlin style double secret investigation is what our country was founded on,

So you say that the Democrats are not allowing their Republican counterparts in these closed door sessions? I thought only Republicans had used the power of one sided interviews when investigation a President.

two, the impeachment of clinton was not secret and demofks were allowed to question witnesses. Feel free to post up something different if i am in error there.

What evidence do you have that Republican members of these committees are no being given fair time to question the witnesses?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...01f924-f5ab-11e9-b2d2-1f37c9d82dbb_story.html

Why would they storm a closed door hearing that they are part of?

Inside the Closed-Door House Impeachment Meetings

House Republicans complain about limited access to closed-door House impeachment investigation sessions

Russia was the left's Benghazi.
Ukraine will be the lefts.. well idk but it will be up there too.
Partisanship does horrible things to people.
Only difference....Benghazi was completely manufactured bullshit....

the Russia thing ended up with felony convictions....

and this Ukraine thing is ending up with felony convictions and a possible impeachment

Other than that, yea...both sides do it....if that makes you feel better
There was felony convictions of trump colludingvwith russia?
Where are the convictions with ukraine?
What?
These two guys were arrested on felony charges, along with 2 others....they were arrested for actions directly related to Trump -- so much so that even Trump's own personal lawyer is under 2 different criminal investigations...
View attachment 285862

As for the Russian investigation, the only charges handed out for election meddling were given out to the Russian officials who conducted it...but.....I do know that Trump's other personal lawyer is currently in prison for shit directly related to Trump, so much so that Trump was named an unindicted co-conspirator.....Now since I know you like to say "both sides do it" because of your intellectual laziness -- can you give me the "both sides" example to this one??

Does Obama have 2 personal attorneys either convicted or being investigated for something they were doing for him??
So no convictions directly related to either matter..
he's got nothing, and spinning

:spinner:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...01f924-f5ab-11e9-b2d2-1f37c9d82dbb_story.html

Why would they storm a closed door hearing that they are part of?

Inside the Closed-Door House Impeachment Meetings

House Republicans complain about limited access to closed-door House impeachment investigation sessions
why wouldn't the demofks say they aren't limited?

I have to as: Why is this acceptbile in any forum on The USMB?

th

No one gets out of life alive.

The grim reaper is coming for EVERYONE. Even you. Even trump.

Reminding someone that some day it will come for them isn't any threat. It's pointing out truth.

trump is in his 70s. He's not going to live forever.

Get over it.
Wishing for The President's Death is Abhorrent. The Thread is nothing but flame bait disguised as legitimate discussion.

"Do not concern yourselves with them that can kill the body, but concern yourself with Him who can kill both body and soul."

Matthew 10:28

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I guess schitt's doesn't think he has any responsibilities to the citizens of the US. throw his commie ass out of my house.

Trump Will Be Impeached
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

Remember when I said last week that October 17 was the worst day of the Trump presidency? Well, October 22 and has now come along to break the record. This is the day that, I think, has ensured Donald Trump’s impeachment. Not his removal. But impeachment will be bad enough.

Today’s key sentence: “Ambassador Sondland said, ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance.”

It comes from the testimony of acting U.S. ambassador to the Ukraine William Taylor before House impeachment investigators, and it instantly makes all but impossible the task of anyone seeking to defend Trump against the charge that he held up American military aid to Ukraine to secure a political advantage in the 2020 election.

There were three defenses of Trump following the revelations of the “whistleblower” and the phone-call transcript of the conversation between the presidents of the United States and Ukraine. The first was that he is only interested in investigating corruption relating to the 2016 election. The second is that even though Trump himself said he wanted the Ukranian to do him a favor, there was no quid pro quo. The third is that the only thing Trump was trading for was a White House visit, which is no great shakes.

There’s no need to talk about the “whistleblower” and his findings any longer, and there’s no need for the whistleblower to be heard any further. We have a veteran U.S. diplomat on the record saying that a Trump intimate told him Trump was holding up Congressionally authorized and appropriated military aid to Ukraine because he wanted a public statement from the Zelensky government that it was investigating Joe Biden’s son.

Taylor said this of a September 1 phone call with Gordon Sondland, our ambassador to the European Union about the $275 million in U.S. security assistance to Ukraine as well as a possible meeting between Trump and Ukranian president Zelensky:

“Ambassador Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. election. Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations—in fact, Ambassador Sondland said, ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted President Zelenskyy ‘in a public box’ by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.”

th

Well it Has to make it through the Senate, and if it does every single one of those Republicans will be primaried out... lol

No. Impeachment is only done by congress. The senate convicts. When the evidence is shown to the American people, if the senate does not convict, they very well may be voted out of the majority.

Speaker Pelosi is spot on in her leadership to coordinate an equitable investigation of The President. She is following the process for an inquiry into President Trump's behavior, by allowing the Congressional Committees to do their duty.

The claim that these committees are not open to the public is one more effort by Trump&Co. to discredit a legal and necessary activity of The Congress.

trump has already tried to prevent testimonies and documents legally requested by The Congress; this in itself should be clear and convincing that The President has something to hide.
Post your tax returns and your address here on USMB.

You don't have anything to hide, do you?

We also want to see your bank statements, your grades, and your medical records.

If democrats wanted to impeach they would have done it the normal way so as to eliminate any kind of accusations of process violations.

There is no normal process. There is no constitutional rule prescribing any process in terms of the House procedures on Impeachment. None.

If democrats wanted to impeach they would have done it the normal way so as to eliminate any kind of accusations of process violations.

There is no normal process. There is no constitutional rule prescribing any process in terms of the House procedures on Impeachment. None.

There is historic precedent. Meaning the way that it's always been done. And democrats aren't doing it that way because they know it's a bullshit investigation.

If democrats wanted to impeach they would have done it the normal way so as to eliminate any kind of accusations of process violations. They only want to hurt Trump politically because they have absolutely nothing to run on for themselves.

Hate Trump is the campaign slogan of the left.

The Democrats ARE following normal procedures. The Republicans are just doin' the old wiggle, wiggle, wiggle because they know Trump is guilty as hell.

Hate Trump is the campaign slogan of any THINKING American!

There is nothing normal about closed door hearings where the accused is not allowed to defend themselves unless you're in communist Russia.
This is an inquiry, not a trial. No accused has ever had the right to face their accuser at this stage. Your hyperbole about Communist Russia reveals your desperation.

Trump Will Be Impeached
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

th

I don't know if it's pointless because it at least makes people understand that no one is above the law.

There is NO impeachment. There is ONLY the ULTRA SECRET, USSR style, FARCE #5 being perpetrated by the CORRUPT DEMOCRAT PARTY OF TRASH.

This WILL and IS blowing up in NANCY PELOSI and ADAM SCHITTS face. CONGRESS is NOT Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schitt. There are 435 members, and if a PRESIDENT is going to be IMPEACHED, then FIRST OF ALL, a CRIME has to be ESTABLISHED, and then an IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY needs to be VOTED ON by ALL members of congress to go FORWARD.

What the democrats are doing is a SHAM, just like the Mueller RUSSIAN COLLUSION JOKE of a WITCH HUNT. NOTHING they are doing would EVER stand up in a COURT OF LAW. There has been NO INFORMATION SHARING, there has been no CROSS EXAMINATION, there has been no CALLING OF WITNESSES for DEFENSE, ETC! What's happening is taking place IN SECRET in Adam Schitt's UNDERGROUND BUNKER on Capitol Hill, behind LOCKED DOORS, no PRESS, no NOTHING. Just CHERRY PICKED LEAKS AND LIES by Schitt to the EVER WILLING TO LIE FOR THEM DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING, and believe me, the AMERICAN PEOPLE SEE IT.

Lindsey Graham has ALREADY sent SKANK PELOSI a strongly worded letter saying that if this continues, even if they DO hold a vote to impeach the president, and even if they DID get enough votes to pass it, the Senate WON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT, they'll THROW IT OUT. So... sorry demtrash, but Trump isn't going ANYWHERE.

WHAT ARE DEMOCRATS SO AFRAID OF?

WHY DON'T DEMOCRATS WANT EVERYTHING TO BE TRANSPARENT?

IF THEY DEMTRASH HAVE THE GOODS ON PRESIDENT TRUMP, THEN WHY ARE THEY AFRAID TO ALLOW CROSS EXAMINATION?

WHY IS THIS ALL IN SECRET?

If democrats wanted to impeach they would have done it the normal way so as to eliminate any kind of accusations of process violations. They only want to hurt Trump politically because they have absolutely nothing to run on for themselves.

Hate Trump is the campaign slogan of the left.

The Democrats ARE following normal procedures. The Republicans are just doin' the old wiggle, wiggle, wiggle because they know Trump is guilty as hell.

Hate Trump is the campaign slogan of any THINKING American!

There is nothing normal about closed door hearings where the accused is not allowed to defend themselves unless you're in communist Russia.

So Obama and Hillary were allow to defend themselves in the Closed Door hearing on Benghazi? Probably not, since during some of the interviews the Democrats on the Committees weren't allowed in at all.

I guess schitt's doesn't think he has any responsibilities to the citizens of the US. throw his commie ass out of my house.

IMHO, I would not be surprised to see the people organically and spontaneously rise up and rush the US Capitol, demanding that Schiff open the doors and let the people see what's happening.

We saw this before in Dade County Florida in 2000. When liberal activists were chowing down on chads during a phony record behind closed doors. The people got wind of it and came out of the golf courses and tennis courts, out of the cocktail lounges and conducted the so-called "Brooks Brothers riot". No one was hurt, it was actually a peaceful protest. But it was great to see well-dressed Americans standing up for their democracy.

Trump Will Be Impeached
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

th

the dems don't want the people to vote for him. They are afraid of the people of America. it's why the double secret meetings.

These aren't secret meetings. Republicans do attend.

Trump Will Be Impeached
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

th

I don't know if it's pointless because it at least makes people understand that no one is above the law.
And no one is BELOW THE LAW either, but the CORRUPT DEMTRASH are surely treating the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES as though HE IS.

You have to be absolutely RETARDED, just IGNORANT beyond DESCRIPTION, to think this SHAM, FARCE, CHARADE of an impeachment inquiry is LEGITIMATE.

You, sir, are a FLAMING MORON.

Trump Will Be Impeached
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

th

the dems don't want the people to vote for him. They are afraid of the people of America. it's why the double secret meetings.

These aren't secret meetings. Republicans do attend.
why aren't they in chambers on tv then? explain it to me poindexter?

Trump Will Be Impeached
October 22, 2019
by
John Podhoretz

th

You really are a pathetically gullible thing, ain't ya? Taylor testified that Ukraine had no idea anything was being withheld until 29 Aug, so tell the class how the aid was held over his head, when he knew nothing about it? Come on commie, enlighten us. LMAO

and that's the reason they won't go any further with this. And why it's double secret.
It will go further. You just aren't going to like what will be revealed.

The evidence to allege high crimes will be beyond a reasonable doubt, or the articles would never have passed.

I disagree. The Democrats are so partisan and harbor so much hate against their President, many will vote "aye" regardless.

And the Senate Republicans will only vote for conviction if they want to destroy the Republican Party.

Wrong on both counts.

Senators and members of the House (generally) want to keep their job, and for the most part understand the power of polling and how it will effect their reelection.

If the polls continue to rise for the impeachment and removal of Trump from office, each member of the Congress will take note.

As promised, the televised testimony if probative of misdeeds up to the level of a high crime (abuse of power, bribery, obstruction of justice, violations of campaign finance laws) we can expect more R's will vote for impeachment and more will tender their choice to not run for reelection.

The public too will take note, and judge for themselves if trump is fit to remain in office; and they will make their decision in the next general election on which person and which party earns their vote.

Forum List

Back