🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump wont release Off the Record Convo because everyone would know he lied

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Trump was off the record saying he wasnt really serious about his Immigration plan that many use as a main reason for supporting him.

Here's how the debate went:

Trump: I didnt say those things. you're a stupid head
Numberous people: Will you release it to show the public you're telling the truth
Trump: Nah

Crowd applauds being kept in the dark on a major issue

If it was off the record, recording it is simply dishonest.

The source would never, and probably can't be trusted in the future.

There is a reason it's called "off the record" after all

Um...how does anyone know what was said off-the-record?

You're supposed to make a secret recording, violate confidences, and release it to the world because dishonesty is a bad policy...except when it benefits your side. Then it's totally cool.

Trump better be careful. If he lies too much he'll end up winning the Democratic nomination.

Off the record used to mean off the record.

Until the partisans, politicos, pundits and politicians got their paws on it.

They damage pretty much everything they touch.

Or maybe he doesn't want to jump through their hoops. Do the other candidates do whatever Trump demands? I didn't think so.

Trump was off the record saying he wasnt really serious about his Immigration plan that many use as a main reason for supporting him.

Numberous people: Will you release it to show the public you're telling the truth

As much as I hate to agree with Donald Trump, that was an off the record conversation, and the sanctity of off the record conversations should not be violated.

As much as I hate to agree with Donald Trump, that was an off the record conversation, and the sanctity of off the record conversations should not be violated.
Now that people are sensing political advantage, "sanctity" ain't fer shit.

NYTimes has already said there is nothing on there of importance to the political election. Nice try though ;)

I don't remember seeing you there.

Thats not the only thing you dont remember

If it was off the record, recording it is simply dishonest.

The source would never, and probably can't be trusted in the future.

There is a reason it's called "off the record" after all

Recording it isnt dishonest since Trump was there to see it. All Trump has to do is request it be released. It has nothing to do with the reporter at all.

Get it? No matter how hard you try this is not about the reporter. Its about your efforts to say that lying off the record is ok

Um...how does anyone know what was said off-the-record?

You're supposed to make a secret recording, violate confidences, and release it to the world because dishonesty is a bad policy...except when it benefits your side. Then it's totally cool.

It wasnt a secret recording. No ones confidence was violated

All Trump has to do is say release it and everyone will know if Trump is a liar or telling the truth on a major issue like Immigration

I agree, but if he asks for it to be released there is no violation

What immigration plan? He has no plan. None of these candidates are going to do anything even close to what they promise.

I hate to be contrarian, but...and this is a sincere question...why should there be 'off-the-record' discussions with candidates. Other that political strategy, which I wouldn't share with any reporter, much less the NYT.

I get an 'off-the-record' interview with sources. But why candidates? What is the advantage to the candidate?

I hate to be contrarian, but...and this is a sincere question...why should there be 'off-the-record' discussions with candidates. Other that political strategy, which I wouldn't share with any reporter, much less the NYT.

I get an 'off-the-record' interview with sources. But why candidates? What is the advantage to the candidate?
The next time you read an article about a candidate, or watch a debate, ask yourself how much in-depth information you are getting about them. Quotes tend to be truncated, debate answers are limited by a game show timer.

Off the record interviews allow the media to get a better sense of the candidate, and based on the information the candidate divulges, the journalist will be able to figure out where to focus his coverage for the short attention span rubes.

The rubes are easily manipulated by hack partisan propaganda outlets, and the candidate needs to be able to speak freely, at length, without having to overthink every word coming out of his or her mouth that might be truncated into a misleading quote and used to delude the rubes about what he or she really meant.

Because we all know that if Trump did release a transcript, the rubes won't read it. "tl/dnr lol"

The rubes would get their information about the transcript in the form of unadulterated piss carefully filtered for them by a propaganda outlet.

Last edited:

The next time you read an article about a candidate, or watch a debate, ask yourself how much in-depth information you are getting about them. Quotes tend to be truncated, debate answers are limited by a game show timer.

Off the record interviews allow the media to get a better sense of the candidate, and based on the information the candidate divulges, the journalist will be able to figure out where to focus his coverage for the short attention span rubes.

The rubes are easily manipulated by hack partisan propaganda outlets, and the candidate needs to be able to speak freely, at length, without having to overthink every word coming out of his or her mouth that might be truncated into a misleading quote and used to delude the rubes about what he or she really meant.

Because we all know that if Trump did release a transcript, the rubes won't read it. "tl/dnr lol"

The rubes would get their information about the transcript in the form of unadulterated piss carefully filtered for them by a propaganda outlet.
Political campaigning for president is showbiz. No one in their right mind actually believes anything the candidates say. They just like to hear them say it. It becomes a contest of who can tell the biggest lie often enough and loudest. Trump is about as likely to toss 11 million people out of the country as Cruz is to replace our tax reporting system with a postcard.

Forum List

Back