Trumpf to call for 6 weeks of paid maternity leave.

Of course Trump can say this.....

The GOP congress will never pass it.

Why can't they be a little more reasonable........

I am for paid maternity leave.

Out of a general fund. That way you don't screw small businesses who might be able to afford this a little less.

Just out of curiousity -- where the fuck you hiding your "conservatism"?? Paying for all that INCLUDING his proposed "dependent care" and "child care" are gonna warp those markets and inflate the PRICES of those services. You KNOW the drill -- yet it rolls right off your tongue -- that it "comes out of the general fund".

That along with Trumps position that "the USA SHOULD assume a bigger load of debt" should make any thinking Conservative more than just squeamish. They should be panicked about "the deals" this guy is gonna make without ANY real political compass behind him. He's an egotist --- that's his political compass.

If HE DOES IT -- it has to "make America great". :uhh:

It ticks me off that I haven't heard him or the Hillary say a thing about the taxation of social security. If there's any tax on it at all it shouldn't start until what you get out exceeds what you put in.

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

I'll tell you how I react. I think it sucks and I completely disagree with Trump on this issue.
On the other hand, liberals and other government handout advocates will love it.

fed gov't mandating the purchase of health insurance, republicans heads explode.

fed gov't mandating paid maternity leave, republican Trump supporters (not all) say "yay!"

????

smh

If obama or mrs bill proposed this, Republicans would be screaming at the top of their lungs.

I'm so over this election. They. Both. SUCK.

Why do you disagree? Punish a family for having kids? This is by far the best piliucy trump has developed...by far.

Out of a general fund. That way you don't screw small businesses who might be able to afford this a little less.

Just out of curiousity -- where the fuck you hiding your "conservatism"?? Paying for all that INCLUDING his proposed "dependent care" and "child care" are gonna warp those markets and inflate the PRICES of those services. You KNOW the drill -- yet it rolls right off your tongue -- that it "comes out of the general fund".

That along with Trumps position that "the USA SHOULD assume a bigger load of debt" should make any thinking Conservative more than just squeamish. They should be panicked about "the deals" this guy is gonna make without ANY real political compass behind him. He's an egotist --- that's his political compass.

I am not hiding it anywhere.

I think there are plenty of conversations that could be had that would allow people to consider how they might make this happen and NOT add extra load onto our already stupid debt.

I said a general fund and I didn't say whose....I have long advocated for personal Social Security accounts (not privatized..necessarily) that could be used for things like this, workman's comp, extended health care, etc.

Seems strange; this is more of the “free stuff” that Republicans once said they hated. It will be interesting to see how they react.

The plan's centerpiece has already been announced: rewriting the tax code to allow families to deduct childcare expenses. The campaign is fleshing out more details ahead of Trump's speech.

The total cost will be capped at the average child care costs in each state, while the highest-earning Americans — individuals making $250,000 per year or households with a combined $500,000 per year in income — won't be eligible.

Stay-at-home parents will also be eligible to take the deduction. The campaign framed the moves as a step toward creating an equal playing field for those who stay home to raise their children.

I'll tell you how I react. I think it sucks and I completely disagree with Trump on this issue.
On the other hand, liberals and other government handout advocates will love it.

You think it's bad to help people like you, but OK for big business to pay 3% of all the money they receive in federal tax and less than 12% of all collected by the IRS?

Are you rich?

Conservatives consistently make the same mistake of out liberalizing liberals in an attempt to make Liberals like them. Still voting for Trump but only because Hillary is the alternative.

Trump's plan will add to the number of households paying zero federal income tax.

Happy, RW'ers?

I am not hiding it anywhere.

I think there are plenty of conversations that could be had that would allow people to consider how they might make this happen and NOT add extra load onto our already stupid debt.

I said a general fund and I didn't say whose....I have long advocated for personal Social Security accounts (not privatized..necessarily) that could be used for things like this, workman's comp, extended health care, etc.

It sure LOOKS like Trump is purposely looking for ways to bust the budget. I doubt he's gonna have a lot of advisers who nag him about debt --- when the King LIKES debt --- a lot.

Reforms to LOWER the outrageous prices of day care and dependent care are obvious to me. It's those leftists in NYCity that are paying half their salaries for those things. Because they live in a HIGHLY regulated state that requires certification for things that the facility might NEVER ENCOUNTER. (for example). OF COURSE, it's gonna be expensive if the day care is DESIGNED by leftists. Not so much a problem elsewhere's.

I'd go with that --- before laying in literally $BILLs into a market and inflate the prices BECAUSE of high subsidies.

I'm surprised that Trump isn't saying he wants 6 years of paid maternity leave. We know he doesn't want to see women around the office. And we know he doesn't bother to pay people anyway. Seems like the perfect Trumpian scam.
He was one of the first to have a female ceo in his corporation. You really need to research your bullshit, before you prove yourself stupid.

And you should de-bunch your panties before you prove yourself stupid.
Telling the truth dumbass. Tell me when will Hillary pay the same to her bitches?

I think it's bullshit, and Democrats shouldn't play along, like Republicans will. Democrats should come out and state that nothing will get done in Congress until this bill is passed - the first major bill of a Trump administration.

Oh so true.

And HIllary has the same issue.

I love it when our federal government does nothing.

The House is ready to be a partner in the government once more. Speaker Ryan has made that clear. The only reason Boehner stepped down was because he got the Pope to address the body and went out as a crowning achievement. The TEA party has less impact than ever as we saw with the nominating process. HRC will have a honeymoon. Trump is almost hated as much by the GOP leadership as he is by the Democratic leadership.

Admit it candy, trump would deliver on some campaign promises like this.

Highly unlikely he would deliver on a single “promise” since he lies about what he said and acts like he doesn’t know what you’re talking about when you bring it up to him later.

But hey, I thought you guys hated “free shit”. What happened?

Forum List

Back