Trumps 20% tariffs madness

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I dont think that trump has a strong fix on inflation.

I also find it confusing. But putting 20% on imports would wreck the US economy, put up prices, raise inflation and screw US exports./.

There are probably 100s of other drawbacks. I dont see an upside to this.

I know his cult is stupid but a proper interviewer will point this out to him

• Trump appeared to dramatically escalate his calls for imposing tariffs on all US trading partners, suggesting import duties of up to 20%.

I dont think that trump has a strong fix on inflation.

I also find it confusing. But putting 20% on imports would wreck the US economy, put up prices, raise inflation and screw US exports./.

There are probably 100s of other drawbacks. I dont see an upside to this.

I know his cult is stupid but a proper interviewer will point this out to him

• Trump appeared to dramatically escalate his calls for imposing tariffs on all US trading partners, suggesting import duties of up to 20%.
\
He will get a 10% approval.

The U.S needs to sell more to the world and for those who don't remove tariffs, they will receive the same. If countries remove barriers to U.S trade then they will receive reciprocity I imagine.

Don't forget that Trump offered the G7 to remove all subsidies and all tariffs if those countries did the same. They sat silent, shocked at the bold plan he offered.

Check out the protectionism that Europe has enacted for a long time.

\
He will get a 10% approval.

The U.S needs to sell more to the world and for those who don't remove tariffs, they will receive the same. If countries remove barriers to U.S trade then they will receive reciprocity I imagine.

Don't forget that Trump offered the G7 to remove all subsidies and all tariffs if those countries did the same. They sat silent, shocked at the bold plan he offered.

Check out the protectionism that Europe has enacted for a long time.
So he pitched it before and there was no interest,. Why will it work now ?

Forum List

Back