Trumps debt ceiling problem

The die hard Trump supporters, who keep complaining about the debt ceiling, need to decide to either support Trump and the debt ceiling. Or simply not support him.
If not raising the debt ceiling now is important to you, why in the world would you want someone like Trump in office with a debt ceiling increase record.

You can't have it both ways on everything. Eventually you're going to have to realize that Trump sucks on monetary policies. And realize just how much monetary policy affects everyone's lives.
You can't just keep supporting those who simply don't care how much they borrow, spend then increase the ceiling so they can borrow more.

Debt Ceiling Under Trump
The debt ceiling increased two times under President Donald Trump, but the Trump administration also tinkered with the budget and the debt ceiling in other ways throughout its four years. When Trump was sworn into office in January 2017, the national debt stood at $19.9 trillion. By November 2020, the debt had increased to over $27 trillion.

Under Trump the debt ceiling increased:

• by $1.7 trillion to $19.8 trillion (de facto) in March 2017,
  • by $2.2 trillion to $22 trillion in March 2019.
Trump suspended the debt ceiling in August 2019, through July 2021. At the time of the 2020 election, the national debt stood at over $27 trillion, the fastest rate of increase of the national debt of any modern president.
I thought Trump’s problem was January 6th? A year away from the next Presidential Election and Trump is still relevant.

RFK!!!

Who said there was a line item veto it? You veto the entire bill and tell congress to pass a bill without so much BS in it. Then hold a press conference and explain to the American people the details on all the spending you oppose. And make sure to mention which politicians put all that pork into the bill.

Then if congress overrides the bill, it's on them. And for the next few months, hold one press conference after another explaining what's really going on.
But Trump signed all those bills. Same as Biden did.
They don't care about how high the debt goes, or how much they leave us with. They've got plenty of money.
Trump is a big spender ad are all presidents

But the spending was pushed by congress

Using economic metrics, what exactly did Trump do to the value of the USD? What has Biden done to the value of the USD?

They BOTH decreased the value of it. And that's the point. ATM, Trumps damage to the USD is worse than Bidens. $8 trillion in 4 years. When Biden reaches $8 trillion, then his damage to the USD will be just as bad.
But until then Trump has still done more damage.

If they're BOTH doing the same exact wrong thing, why TF support either of them? Because of their party affiliation?

I think you have unrealistic expectations

Yeah, I expect them to do with job. To uphold the constitution. To protect the "general welfare" of the country. Running the USD into the ground, raising the debt ceiling every time they need to fund gender studies, isn't promoting the general welfare. It's destroying it every time they borrow trillions and devalue the currency.

My expectations aren't unrealistic at all. What's really unrealistic is how loyalist will overlook things like I described above. And how they'll overlook/ignore it when a politician lies. It's become commonplace to just ignore when a politician lies.

"I'm going to end fossil fuels in the USA." LIE
"I'm going to build a big beautiful wall and make Mexico pay for it." Lie

This list of lies just from Biden and Trump would take days to type out.

Yeah, I expect them to do with job. To uphold the constitution. To protect the "general welfare" of the country. Running the USD into the ground, raising the debt ceiling every time they need to fund gender studies, isn't promoting the general welfare. It's destroying it every time they borrow trillions and devalue the currency.
In a perfect would all your expectations would be met

But things are far from perfect

Were that true you would cite it.
I did many times at the time I was the one breaking the story, way before he perjured in front of congress, try to keep up, there's archive search here use the term NIH and my name maybe add the word virus then remove and search again, in case you miss a few goodies.

Because "we the people" let important things slide. Well, at least too many do.
Yes we do accept a lot of crap from the government

But we are sharply divided and its difficult (make that impossible) to agree on anything

No, actually revenue increased.
FY 2019$3.46 trillion
FY 2018$3.33 trillion
FY 2017$3.32 trillion
FY 2016$3.27 trillion

Debt increases because of spending, and the largest driver of debt is entitlement programs that the Dems refuse to reform.
"Medicare and Medicaid are the single biggest drivers of the federal deficit and the federal debt by a huge margin." - Obama 2009
At the height of his presidency the deficit under trump was well over a trillion dollars. In just in case you weren't aware of this. The deficit is how much is being added to the debt each Year.

You want a link to something that has not happened yet.

Yep, you really are that fucking stupid.

Buy hey, it looks good on you.

Have a great night!
Hahahahaha!

It has happened, but just not the way you lied about it.

You claimed Reps would let your Vegetable Messiah run the debt to $51 trillion when they have already shot that
plan down, Dumbass.

you lied.

At the height of his presidency the deficit under trump was well over a trillion dollars. In just in case you weren't aware of this. The deficit is how much is being added to the debt each Year.
when was the height of his presidency?

what we do know is before dealing with covid trumps deficits were lower then the guy before him

Forum List

Back