Trumps debt ceiling problem

I am not going to call you a liar....because I just think you are willfully blind to reality due to your dembot cult status

Trump and the national debt​

Facts First: This claim is false. More debt was added in the eight years under President Barack Obama, with Biden as vice president, than in the four years under Trump. The Trump era set the record for most debt added in a single four-year presidential term, but Biden made it sound here like the Trump era set the record even when you include two-term presidents like Obama. (Biden correctly said in his State of the Union address last week that he was referring to a record for debt added in a four-year period.) Also, while Biden mentioned “record deficits,” plural, under Trump, only one Trump-era deficit, in pandemic-era fiscal 2020, was actually a record; the deficits in fiscal 2017, 2018 and 2019 were all lower than every deficit in Obama’s first term, when the country was emerging from a major recession and Obama approved some policies that increased deficits.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/17/politics/biden-economy-facts-first/index.html
You've been shown the data.

Verbiage that you don't understand is not a substitute.

Here ya go...proving CNN correct...

Thanks for once again proving you lied. The yellow line is when Trump took over. As you can see his deficits were higher than the ones the few years before it.

1682516114215.png

Thanks for once again proving you lied. The yellow line is when Trump took over. As you can see his deficits were higher than the ones the few years before it.

View attachment 779844
I never said they weren't...did you not read the CNN link I provided? obviously not, that or you are simply gasligting and changing the subject.

The comment I made, and what CNN was calling XIden a liar on, was that in Trump did not have record deficits, in fact his first three years were lower deficits then the first three years of the Obama admin. Now the qustion is why? 1) Trump was lucky to inherit a GOP Congress 2) Obama and the Dem Congress don't care about spending 3) Trump and the GOP policies created more revenue 4) Obama and the Dem Congress didn't.

Thank you....class dismissed.

Point out which year GDP was over 3%, Simp.

20161.67%-1.04%
20152.71%0.42%
20142.29%0.45%
20131.84%-0.44%
20122.28%0.73%
20111.55%-1.16%
20102.71%5.31%
2009-2.60%-2.72%
Right on cue...

Those are "Calendar Years", moron.

A "year" is 12 consecutive months, or 4 consecutive quarters.

Time doesn't give a shit about how YOU divide it.

BEA reports GDP on a QUARTERLY basis. Any 4 consecutive quarters constitute a "year".

Real Gross Domestic Product

Do you need help with the math?

Because Senators get to ask potential Justices questions at their hearings. Wow...teaching basic Civics to a poster on a political message board...sad
Why not ask for leg shaving hacks?

There really are Stupid Questions, frequently asked by people completely out of their depth, desperate to matter.

Right on cue...

Those are "Calendar Years", moron.

A "year" is 12 consecutive months, or 4 consecutive quarters.

Time doesn't give a shit about how YOU divide it.

BEA reports GDP on a QUARTERLY basis. Any 4 consecutive quarters constitute a "year".

Real Gross Domestic Product

Do you need help with the math?
Yes you can break it by qtr or by year. What's important is how we have done over a year...and Obama was the first President (since we began recording it) to never have 1 year of 3 percent growth.

Breaking it down by qtr is like a Jazz fan bragging about being up over the Bulls in Game 6 of the 98 playoffs....I mean, it's what losers brag about.

Yes you can break it by qtr or by year. What's important is how we have done over a year...and Obama was the first President (since we began recording it) to never have 1 year of 3 percent growth.

Breaking it down by qtr is like a Jazz fan bragging about being up over the Bulls in Game 6 of the 98 playoffs....I mean, it's what losers brag about.
Please don't.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Never presume to explain anything.

yes you did.

Post #53 you said this....

Under Trump, prior to dealing with Covid, the deficit was lower every year compared to Obama
and they were...as the data shows...both in their first terms in office, it's an apples to apples comparison...the data shows that...from my post 46, which was what we have been referring to, and discussing....the link from CNN

hahah it literally IS the data...from the US Dept of Tres! hahahahh

wow the cult has a big hold on you
No...you were shown the data..

Not a description of it.

If you doubt it, just post the annual deficits from FY 2010 through FY 2021

Please don't.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Never presume to explain anything.
haha I see you are a Jazz fan...which explains why you are a Obama fan....both failed to deliver...and are stuck bragging about leading in a qtr

No...you were shown the data..

Not a description of it.

If you doubt it, just post the annual deficits from FY 2010 through FY 2021
I didn't provide you a description...I literally linked you to the US Dept of Tres, and their numbers....now they were in bar charts...maybe you have a hard time with bar charts

and they were...as the data shows...both in their first terms in office, it's an apples to apples comparison...the data shows that...from my post 46, which was what we have been referring to, and discussing....the link from CNN

That is not an apples to apples comparison. You cannot compare 2009 to 2017. You always compare the most recent years.

Forum List

Back