Trump’s Education Secretary Pick Wants To Make Christianity A Bigger Part Of Schooling

I think is wonderful President elect Trump is willing to bring back a bit of decency and common sense into the classroom.

I am all for that.

edit to say the whole world would be better if they do the same.

Belief in a mythical supernatural deity is not a prerequisite for decency and common sense. The Old Testament makes that perfectly clear.

Cruelty and Violence in the Bible

Government education already sucks. Religion is one of the least dangerous ideas that could be conditioned into youth.

Heaven forbid we teach kids values and right from wrong. But teaching them all about perverted homosexual crap and the 49 different gender identities is okay. /eyeroll

This bitch needs the "separation of church and state" shoved up her "...whatever". Her brother is the founder of Blackwater, the security company that made gazillions off the Iraq War and got thrown out of Iraq for shooting a bunch of civilians in Nusoor Square. They are whores. And total hypocrites.
Ex-Blackwater contractors sentenced in Iraq shooting - CNN.com

There is no separation of church and state. That is not in the Constitution. Perhaps a little schooling with or without religion in it would be of benefit?
This:

"The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" The two parts, known as the "establishment clause" and the "free exercise clause" respectively,
form the textual basis for the Supreme Court's interpretations"
Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia

is what a activist SCOTUS justice used to "claim" that there is a seperation of church and state.

The Establishment Clause states the we have a right to freedom OF religion, not a freedom FROM religion. In short, that means if you don't believe in a religion, the government FORCE you to.

I don't see teaching about Christianity is any different than teaching about Islam, as many schools are doing.

Hell, courts have ruled that muslim student has a place in school for daily prayers during school hours while also ruling that allowing Christian prayer meeting after school are unconstitutional. That is a court ordered violation of the Equal Protection Clause.

Forum List

Back