Trump's knowledge of the President's powers

That's what's wrong with executive orders....they are only one executive order away from being reversed...:biggrin:

We need a Commander-in-Chief who will respect the Constitutional process and the duties of our individual branches of government. No more going around Congress simply because you don't like the system that's in place.

Then again executive orders are a power of the President, aren't they?

Does Trump actually know anything about being president of the USA?

Texas governor Greg Abbott challenges Barack Obama to 'come and take' the state's guns

"Potential republican candidate Donald Trump quickly told a rally in Biloxi, Mississippi, he would reverse any action if he was elected president. He said: "He can't do that. I will veto that. I will unsign that so fast, so fast.""

He thinks he can veto Obama's executive orders. Er.... no, you can't. He also thinks he can "unsign" his executive orders, he can't do that either.

What he could do is make his own executive orders to repeal Obama's executive orders.
Trump has a real flair for appealing to a low IQ constituency.

Texas governor Greg Abbott challenges Barack Obama to 'come and take' the state's guns

"Potential republican candidate Donald Trump quickly told a rally in Biloxi, Mississippi, he would reverse any action if he was elected president. He said: "He can't do that. I will veto that. I will unsign that so fast, so fast.""

He thinks he can veto Obama's executive orders. Er.... no, you can't. He also thinks he can "unsign" his executive orders, he can't do that either.

What he could do is make his own executive orders to repeal Obama's executive orders.

And he's managed to get the lowest of the low from the party which has the smallest collective IQ too.

A distinction without a difference. Check with Judge Napolitano.

You must have been first in your class in the course "Semantics 101".

I think he knows more than that thug community agitator you all stuck in as President.
look at him today, even after seven years and he took an oath to uphold our Constitution and rules of law, he's still trying to step on we the people and steamroll over our Representation of Congress with these EO's AND Memorandums.
take this Gun Control. He tried it with Immigrations and he got slapped down by the courts.

SNIP:
Because this is a political question, there has been little judicial involvement with the President's actions under the clause as long as Presidents have not tried to extend their legislative powers. In Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer (1952), the Court noted that the Recommendations Clause serves as a reminder that the President cannot make law by himself: "The power to recommend legislation, granted to the President, serves only to emphasize that it is his function to recommend and that it is the function of the Congress to legislate."

Guide to the Constitution

That's what's wrong with executive orders....they are only one executive order away from being reversed...:biggrin:

We need a Commander-in-Chief who will respect the Constitutional process and the duties of our individual branches of government. No more going around Congress simply because you don't like the system that's in place.

Then again executive orders are a power of the President, aren't they?

Obama was not allowed to take office until he swore the following oath, "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States." Therefore issuing executive orders that undermine, ignore, or conflict with the Constitution is breaking his oath of office. This oath includes recognizing the three separate but equal branches of government. So when congress e.g. the people's representatives disagree with Obama on gun control tough shit, Obama doesn't have the option of ignoring congress and the Constitution, and the 2nd amendment. Limits are placed on his presidential powers, by the Constitution, which he swore to abide by.

And he's managed to get the lowest of the low from the party which has the smallest collective IQ too.
You can almost measure how dim witted Trump followers are just by reading their responses on this forum.

I think he knows more than that thug community agitator you all stuck in as President.
look at him today, even after seven years and he took an oath to uphold our Constitution and rules of law, he's still trying to step on we the people and steamroll over our Representation of Congress with these EO's AND Memorandums.
take this Gun Control. He tried it with Immigrations and he got slapped down by the courts.

SNIP:
Because this is a political question, there has been little judicial involvement with the President's actions under the clause as long as Presidents have not tried to extend their legislative powers. In Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer (1952), the Court noted that the Recommendations Clause serves as a reminder that the President cannot make law by himself: "The power to recommend legislation, granted to the President, serves only to emphasize that it is his function to recommend and that it is the function of the Congress to legislate."

Guide to the Constitution
None of which does anything to make Trump look presidential, by comparison or any other way.

the first time he tried this he should have been impeached on the spot. instead you people/sheeple went and voted for him to act like a dicktator even more.

under him it feels like we are living in Iran, China, North Korea. He has not one time listened to what we wanted and just stomped all over us even going so far as shutting down the government if they didn't give him funding's for that pos ObamaNoCare

the first time he tried this he should have been impeached on the spot. instead you people/sheeple went and voted for him to act like a dicktator even more.

under him it feels like we are living in Iran, China, North Korea. He has not one time listened to what we wanted and just stomped all over us even going so far as shutting down the government if they didn't give him funding's for that pos ObamaNoCare
Is that what it feels like inside your head? An adjustment in dosage might resolve some of that....consult your physician.

Is that what it feels like inside your head? An adjustment in dosage might resolve some of that....consult your physician.

In about a year this clown will leave the White House never to return and what little there is of his legacy will be undone in short order, live with that lib.

In about a year this clown will leave the White House never to return and what little there is of his legacy will be undone in short order, live with that lib.

that will be the day of celebrations and I would bet we'd even see some dancing in the streets. I haven't met anyone where I live in my state in the heart of America who like's the man.

You wouldn't know a lib from your own asshole stupid fuck. And trading one clown for another is not an improvement.

Forum List

Back