Trump's master stroke at the last Republican debate

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
He drove it home and nailed it to the wall even after Rubio came running to W's defense. Donald then educated him as to the facts as well.

Why Donald Trump's vicious attack on George W. Bush was so brutally effective — and brilliant

"The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush," Trump growled. "He kept us safe? That is not safe." Technically true, but, as is so often the case with Trump, the details came second to theme, and the theme went far beyond 9/11 or the gasps and boos Trump's comments brought. Trump slapped W on Iraq, too. "The war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake. They lied," he said of Dubya's administration. "They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none."

Trump is saying that, under George W. Bush, the Republican Party allowed its understanding of politics to be corrupted. For whatever reason, under Bush, the GOP became a party that let self-aware rhetorical posturing dictate the way policy was formulated. The result was failure across the board. Worst of all was the ensuing failure of memory as Republicans forgot the winning arts and sciences. In so doing, they enabled America to lose its way in the hall of mirrors — and lose its greatness.
I, and millions of others, already knew it but thank you for voicing it on national television during a Republican Debate.

The crowd's response was predictable however given their willful slumber & antipathy towards facts

Thank you again Mr. Trump. :salute:

He's also right about our fucked up trade deals, h1b workers program and businesses outsourcing out of America. Some of this is in agreement with bernie sanders. The fact that both sides have a strong candidate hitting these issues and doing well = people are pissed.

Trump wasn't having any of the rest of the candidates "yabut 9/11!!!" deflection nonsense. He lost friends in 9/11.

He's also right about our fucked up trade deals, h1b workers program and businesses outsourcing out of America. Some of this is in agreement with bernie sanders. The fact that both sides have a strong candidate hitting these issues and doing well = people are pissed.
people are pissed at the Establishment/status quo types

caption77.jpg

Trump is the only GOP candidate that has the courage to say the truth about "W" and the Iraqi blunder. That alone may be enough to propel him to the oval orfice.

The problem with the GOP is they stopped being conservative in the 1990's and became neoconservative. The PNAC influenced every decision and policy.

Trump will cut out the neoconservative cancer that has infected the GOP.

He drove it home and nailed it to the wall even after Rubio came running to W's defense. Donald then educated him as to the facts as well.

Why Donald Trump's vicious attack on George W. Bush was so brutally effective — and brilliant

"The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush," Trump growled. "He kept us safe? That is not safe." Technically true, but, as is so often the case with Trump, the details came second to theme, and the theme went far beyond 9/11 or the gasps and boos Trump's comments brought. Trump slapped W on Iraq, too. "The war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake. They lied," he said of Dubya's administration. "They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none."

Trump is saying that, under George W. Bush, the Republican Party allowed its understanding of politics to be corrupted. For whatever reason, under Bush, the GOP became a party that let self-aware rhetorical posturing dictate the way policy was formulated. The result was failure across the board. Worst of all was the ensuing failure of memory as Republicans forgot the winning arts and sciences. In so doing, they enabled America to lose its way in the hall of mirrors — and lose its greatness.
I, and millions of others, already knew it but thank you for voicing it on national television during a Republican Debate.

The crowd's response was predictable however given their willful slumber & antipathy towards facts

I was mildly offended-------poor bush

Do you think it was ok for Bush to have such a cheering section and Trump had 3 people? Bush had the advantage but Trump pulled the rug under him..lol

its Jebs fault for saying that Donald was wasting time making tv shows while W was "keeping us safe". (9/11 happened on W's watch :eusa_shhh: )

Do you think it was ok for Bush to have such a cheering section and Trump had 3 people? Bush had the advantage but Trump pulled the rug under him..lol

I could tell Bush had a bused-in cheering squad (the Establishment are pulling-out all the stops to make him look like a charismatic guy) and I was listening to it on cspan (it was being replayed ystrdy)

its Jebs fault for saying that Donald was wasting time making tv shows while W was "keeping us safe". (9/11 happened on W's watch :eusa_shhh: )

LOL I thought that was a REALLY IDIOTIC remark-----and trump put on his
" I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT THAT IDIOT SAYS" face

ummm..... whatever Sugar Shorts

Trump takes 9/11 seriously as opposed to the other armchair warriors on the stage and their willing drone voters who merely parroted the same debunked Repub talking- point for the last 13 yrs

ummm..... whatever Sugar Shorts

Trump takes 9/11 seriously;y as opposed to the other armchair warriors on the stage who merely parroted the same debunked Repub talking- point for the last 13 yrs

only a true blue NOOO YORKER-------can know 9-11

Forum List

Back